Page 100 of 102 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1017

Thread: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

  1. #991
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    You think the CBO is the checkbook of the United States? Stop buying this bull****. Here are the numbers from the bank account of the United States which is the official record. You really need to learn how the CBO works and their accuracy. They make you look foolish.

    Deficit by year. Show me the Clinton Surplus

    Government - Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)

    1/20/1993 4,188,092,107,183.60
    9/30/1993 4,411,488,883,139.38

    10/1/1993 4,406,339,573,433.47
    9/30/1994 4,692,749,910,013.32

    9/30/1994 4,692,749,910,013.32
    10/2/1995 4,987,587,163,002.89

    10/2/1995 4,987,587,163,002.89
    10/1/1996 5,234,730,786,626.50

    10/1/1996 5,234,730,786,626.50
    10/1/1997 5,420,505,789,573.34

    10/1/1997 5,420,505,789,573.34
    10/1/1998 5,540,570,493,226.32

    10/1/1998 5,540,570,493,226.32
    10/1/1999 5,652,679,330,611.02

    10/1/1999 5,652,679,330,611.02
    11/1/2000 5,680,961,418,882.13

    11/1/2000 5,680,961,418,882.13
    1/19/2001 5,727,776,738,304.64

  2. #992
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Deficit by year. Show me the Clinton Surplus...
    err...see that GIANT spike in your graph?

    that's the Clinton surplus.

    see how the spike drops way down? that's what King George did with the surplus.

  3. #993
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    err...see that GIANT spike in your graph?

    that's the Clinton surplus.

    see how the spike drops way down? that's what King George did with the surplus.
    And that is a lie, a projected surplus that never happened. Here is the checkbook of the United States and what is used to determine debt service. Why doesn't the bank account of the U.S. Show a surplus?

    What is it about liberalism that creates such passion for the massive expansion of the govt, for wealth redistribution. Even when confronted with facts liberals ignore them

    Deficit by fiscal year

    1/20/1993 4,188,092,107,183.60
    9/30/1993 4,411,488,883,139.38


    10/1/1993 4,406,339,573,433.47
    9/30/1994 4,692,749,910,013.32

    9/30/1994 4,692,749,910,013.32
    10/2/1995 4,987,587,163,002.89


    10/2/1995 4,987,587,163,002.89
    10/1/1996 5,234,730,786,626.50

    10/1/1996 5,234,730,786,626.50
    10/1/1997 5,420,505,789,573.34

    10/1/1997 5,420,505,789,573.34
    10/1/1998 5,540,570,493,226.32


    10/1/1998 5,540,570,493,226.32
    10/1/1999 5,652,679,330,611.02


    10/1/1999 5,652,679,330,611.02
    11/1/2000 5,680,961,418,882.13


    11/1/2000 5,680,961,418,882.13
    1/19/2001 5,727,776,738,304.64

  4. #994
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You think the CBO is the checkbook of the United States? Stop buying this bull****. Here are the numbers from the bank account of the United States which is the official record. You really need to learn how the CBO works and their accuracy. They make you look foolish.

    Deficit by year. Show me the Clinton Surplus
    I already showed, you, and I've explained to you many times the difference between the debt held by the public and the intergovernmental debt. And it is a FACT that Clinton ran BUDGET SURPLUSES for several years. You can argue that you don't like the way that budget deficits/surpluses are calculated, but you cannot deny that Clinton ran budget surpluses. If you do then you are lying.

    The numbers you posted are not deficit numbers, which is, I'm sure, why you didn't post a link to the data.
    Last edited by AdamT; 09-19-11 at 06:50 PM.

  5. #995
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    I already showed, you, and I've explained to you many times the difference between the debt held by the public and the intergovernmental debt. And it is a FACT that Clinton ran BUDGET SURPLUSES for several years. You can argue that you don't like the way that budget deficits/surpluses are calculated, but you cannot deny that Clinton ran budget surpluses. If you do then you are lying.

    The numbers you posted are not deficit numbers, which is, I'm sure, why you didn't post a link to the data.
    .

    Look if that is what you want to believe facts aren't going to change your mind. I posted the link, how many times do you want me to post that link. Here it is one more time.

    Government - Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application). You can see the deficit by day

  6. #996
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    .

    Look if that is what you want to believe facts aren't going to change your mind. I posted the link, how many times do you want me to post that link. Here it is one more time.

    Government - Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application). You can see the deficit by day
    And again (and again and again and again), you are not posting or linking to the appropriate numbers. You are linking to intergovernmental debt, which is a different data set. The reason it looks like there was rising debt is that, during Clinton's term, there was a social security surplus. Social security taxes don't count towards budget deficits. BUT ... if there's a surplus then the government is *required* to purchase Treasuries in the amount of the surplus (so the money is earning interest instead of sitting on shelf). That, however, ends up looking like spending on the intergovernmental side even though it's actually surplus revenue. Get it?

  7. #997
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    And again (and again and again and again), you are not posting or linking to the appropriate numbers. You are linking to intergovernmental debt, which is a different data set. The reason it looks like there was rising debt is that, during Clinton's term, there was a social security surplus. Social security taxes don't count towards budget deficits. BUT ... if there's a surplus then the government is *required* to purchase Treasuries in the amount of the surplus (so the money is earning interest instead of sitting on shelf). That, however, ends up looking like spending on the intergovernmental side even though it's actually surplus revenue. Get it?
    Deficits are public debt plus intergovt. holding deficits but you cannot seem to understand that. What is it about liberalism that creates such loyalty?

    Why do you think there was a SS surplus? Are IOU's assets or liabilities? How is SS IOU's going to be paid for? Do you realize that using SS surpluses is taking your money and spending it on something else? What is going to happen when you retire and want your money?

  8. #998
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Why do you think there was a SS surplus? Are IOU's assets or liabilities? How is SS IOU's going to be paid for? Do you realize that using SS surpluses is taking your money and spending it on something else? What is going to happen when you retire and want your money?
    The cash is used to purchase in US Treasury Securities, are you saying SS should keeps the cash in cash?

  9. #999
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Deficits are public debt plus intergovt. holding deficits but you cannot seem to understand that. What is it about liberalism that creates such loyalty?
    No, BUDGET deficits absolutely are not public debt plus intergovenmental holdings. That is absolutely wrong. Presidents do not budget social security tax surpluses, for one. You are making up your own definition of deficit to suit your incorrect argument.

    Why do you think there was a SS surplus? Are IOU's assets or liabilities? How is SS IOU's going to be paid for? Do you realize that using SS surpluses is taking your money and spending it on something else? What is going to happen when you retire and want your money?
    A real issue, but a diversion from the topic at hand, which is that Clinton did in fact run budget surpluses for four years.

  10. #1000
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:28 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,640

    Re: Republican wins Democratic New York House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    The cash is used to purchase in US Treasury Securities, are you saying SS should keeps the cash in cash?
    What they are saying is that they are against anything Social Security did. Folks of that ideological mindset opposed it in the Thirties and nothing has changed for them in 3/4 of a century.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •