Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 135

Thread: U.S. Poverty Climbed to 17-Year High in 2010

  1. #81
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: U.S. Poverty Climbed to 17-Year High in 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    most states DO require that, btw.
    Apparently they're doing it wrong, because poverty prior to the recession was not on the decline.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  2. #82
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: U.S. Poverty Climbed to 17-Year High in 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    so what's your plan to address the causes of poverty?
    I've already posted it. In this thread and in several others. I'm not going over it again to prove anything to you, especially after you have repeatedly made it obvious that you will continually refuse to accept what I say at face value, and will instead insert ridiculous strawman and distortions into the argument to try and make me look like every other stereotypical conservative you think exists. Find it yourself.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: U.S. Poverty Climbed to 17-Year High in 2010

    Granted the source is biased here BUT if true, this will certainly help. eh?

    Yesterday, it was announced that an astounding 1 in 6 Americans are living in poverty. President Obama's response? To demand a tax on donations to soup kitchens and other charities that help people desperately in need. The President's proposal will impact approximately 40% of all the tax deductible contributions, and essentially penalize soup kitchens, hospitals, and churches that provide essential services to those who need them most. It’s no wonder this tax hike has been rejected on both sides of the aisle.

    Eric Cantor || Majority Leader || Blog || President Obama's Tax On Soup Kitchens

  4. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: U.S. Poverty Climbed to 17-Year High in 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    well, you could try to prove that statement. in fact, especially these days, when welfare is limited, children don't see their mothers on welfare for a long period of time, so are not inured to it like you might think.

    welfare is not our big issue......medicare is. jobs are.
    Prove it? I don't even have any idea what "highly welfare dependant" means. Do you?

  5. #85
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: U.S. Poverty Climbed to 17-Year High in 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    Prove it? I don't even have any idea what "highly welfare dependant" means. Do you?
    if you have no idea what it means, why would dismiss the study out of hand?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: U.S. Poverty Climbed to 17-Year High in 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    if you have no idea what it means, why would dismiss the study out of hand?
    Because that is what you do with studies that simply make things up.

  7. #87
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,253

    Re: U.S. Poverty Climbed to 17-Year High in 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    Because that is what you do with studies that simply make things up.
    Nothing you have stated serves as a basis to support your assertion. Either provide a credible argument or STFU. Simple one line responses are not sufficient, which is especially true when we take into consideration the content value of your typical post.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  8. #88
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: U.S. Poverty Climbed to 17-Year High in 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    Because that is what you do with studies that simply make things up.
    non response. why do you make things up?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  9. #89
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: U.S. Poverty Climbed to 17-Year High in 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    Apparently they're doing it wrong, because poverty prior to the recession was not on the decline.
    again, what specifically is your plan?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: U.S. Poverty Climbed to 17-Year High in 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    non response. why do you make things up?
    I can not prove a Yeti either, for much the same reason.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •