Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 396

Thread: Obama Seeks to End Tax Breaks to Pay for Jobs Plan

  1. #61
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama Seeks to End Tax Breaks to Pay for Jobs Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Can you say disposable income, as in, the poor and middle class don't have any, and the rich do?
    What makes you an expert on the poor and middle class and why do you judge everyone else by your own standards?

  2. #62
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama Seeks to End Tax Breaks to Pay for Jobs Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Did I say anything about an effective rate of 25%? Didn't think so.

    The fact that a relatively few hedge fund managers make more money than 100 million Americans combined is the problem -- not that they pay nearly 15% in income taxes.
    Do you ever think about what you post and what is being proposed? How much revenue are you going to get by raising the taxes on those evil rich people and businesses?

  3. #63
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Obama Seeks to End Tax Breaks to Pay for Jobs Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    well thank you, but its been years since I had my IQ tested and I really don't know if its the genius level it was at age 12 or so but the fact is if people don't pay income taxes they seem to have less hesitancy to jack it up-especially on others

    one of the main reasons to make everyone pay income taxes is to deter them from demanding more and more government spending. You see if you have to pay the bill, you tend to be less likely to want the credit card spending run up
    Tell that to Warren Buffett and Henry Block. They make more in a day than you'll make in your lifetime and they're all for jacking up tax rates on the rich.

  4. #64
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Obama Seeks to End Tax Breaks to Pay for Jobs Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Did I say anything about an effective rate of 25%? Didn't think so.

    The fact that a relatively few hedge fund managers make more money than 100 million Americans combined is the problem -- not that they pay nearly 15% in income taxes.
    What was your tax bill for 2010? or, did you get a nice fat refund?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #65
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Obama Seeks to End Tax Breaks to Pay for Jobs Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Do you ever think about what you post and what is being proposed? How much revenue are you going to get by raising the taxes on those evil rich people and businesses?
    Apparently it would bring in more than enough revenue to pay for the proposed jobs bill.

    Next question.

  6. #66
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Obama Seeks to End Tax Breaks to Pay for Jobs Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    What was your tax bill for 2010? or, did you get a nice fat refund?
    It was probably about eight times what yours was.

  7. #67
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama Seeks to End Tax Breaks to Pay for Jobs Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Apparently it would bring in more than enough revenue to pay for the proposed jobs bill.

    Next question.
    How do you know that? What prediction has Obama made that has been accurate? You don't think people and businesses are going to change their behavior? Who do you think pays the taxes on businesses?

  8. #68
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama Seeks to End Tax Breaks to Pay for Jobs Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    It was probably about eight times what yours was.
    Sounds like you don't think Apdst makes much money because it is obvious to me that you don't unless it was inherited.

  9. #69
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Obama Seeks to End Tax Breaks to Pay for Jobs Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    It was probably about eight times what yours was.
    oh really? Let's hear it, bro. What was it--ballpark figure will be good enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #70
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Obama Seeks to End Tax Breaks to Pay for Jobs Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Sounds like you don't think Apdst makes much money because it is obvious to me that you don't unless it was inherited.
    I find it hard to believe that AT paid 80 g's in income taxes last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •