Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 396

Thread: Obama Seeks to End Tax Breaks to Pay for Jobs Plan

  1. #301
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama Seeks to End Tax Breaks to Pay for Jobs Plan

    I'll make a fantastic deal with conservatives. I pay around $800 a year in taxes. For a conservative paying more taxes, I'll trade my income with my lower tax burden with their higher income and higher tax burden since it is sooooo bad just so they won't have as much money leaving their pockets in taxes.Otherwise please do us all a favor and quit the phucking whining. You are coming off as babies. Thank you very much.

  2. #302
    Global Moderator
    Custom User Title
    LaughAtTheWorld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seoul/Chicago
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 01:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,541

    Re: Obama Seeks to End Tax Breaks to Pay for Jobs Plan

    The tax breaks placed a huge burden on the US abilities to pay their debt, so I frankly agree with Obama's plan.
    However, tax breaks aren't the only thing that is needed. As Wiseone said, tax breaks, and spending cuts should be needed. It's such a simple thing, the Dems compromising on spending and the Republicans compromising on taxes, but of course, politicians are still doing what they always do best. Mess up
    "The misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all" - Joan Robinson
    "The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; the inherent virtue of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries" - Winston Churchill

  3. #303
    Student Trinnity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    07-17-17 @ 09:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    164

    Re: Obama Seeks to End Tax Breaks to Pay for Jobs Plan

    He can't get anything right. There will be NO recovery as long as he's in office and Obamacare stands.

  4. #304
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Seeks to End Tax Breaks to Pay for Jobs Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Trinnity View Post
    He can't get anything right. There will be NO recovery as long as he's in office and Obamacare stands.
    Not!

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #305
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Obama Seeks to End Tax Breaks to Pay for Jobs Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I'll make a fantastic deal with conservatives. I pay around $800 a year in taxes. For a conservative paying more taxes, I'll trade my income with my lower tax burden with their higher income and higher tax burden since it is sooooo bad just so they won't have as much money leaving their pockets in taxes.Otherwise please do us all a favor and quit the phucking whining. You are coming off as babies. Thank you very much.
    Why not just make yourself more marketable so that you can get a job that pays more so that you can ultimately (and happily) pay more in taxes? Instead, it seems that you just want to whine that others aren't paying enough.

  6. #306
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama Seeks to End Tax Breaks to Pay for Jobs Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    Why not just make yourself more marketable so that you can get a job that pays more so that you can ultimately (and happily) pay more in taxes? Instead, it seems that you just want to whine that others aren't paying enough.
    I'm actually quite marketable thank you very much and I am happy doing what I'm doing.

    I pay $800 when others I know don't pay anything. But see unlike some whiny bitchy conservatives I'm not complaining about it.

    So are you taking me up on my offer or are you just whining?

  7. #307
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Obama Seeks to End Tax Breaks to Pay for Jobs Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Proud South Korean View Post
    The tax breaks placed a huge burden on the US abilities to pay their debt, so I frankly agree with Obama's plan.
    However, tax breaks aren't the only thing that is needed. As Wiseone said, tax breaks, and spending cuts should be needed. It's such a simple thing, the Dems compromising on spending and the Republicans compromising on taxes, but of course, politicians are still doing what they always do best. Mess up
    If tax increases are asked for to go towards the debt, I would support it. If tax increases are asked for so the government can spend even more money, then no.

  8. #308
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Obama Seeks to End Tax Breaks to Pay for Jobs Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I'll make a fantastic deal with conservatives. I pay around $800 a year in taxes. For a conservative paying more taxes, I'll trade my income with my lower tax burden with their higher income and higher tax burden since it is sooooo bad just so they won't have as much money leaving their pockets in taxes.Otherwise please do us all a favor and quit the phucking whining. You are coming off as babies. Thank you very much.
    That is your choice right now. Make more money. Pay more in taxes. I say you should go for it.

  9. #309
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Obama Seeks to End Tax Breaks to Pay for Jobs Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    If tax increases are asked for to go towards the debt, I would support it. If tax increases are asked for so the government can spend even more money, then no.
    It would depend perhaps a bit on situation. If all we had to deal with was a big debt but the economy is rolling, I could agree. But since things are broken and government can "fix" it (well in theory anyway, they seem to not be able to put theory into practice well these days), the government may have to pump a bit of cash into the system for the short term to cause recovery.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #310
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Obama Seeks to End Tax Breaks to Pay for Jobs Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    It would depend perhaps a bit on situation. If all we had to deal with was a big debt but the economy is rolling, I could agree. But since things are broken and government can "fix" it (well in theory anyway, they seem to not be able to put theory into practice well these days), the government may have to pump a bit of cash into the system for the short term to cause recovery.
    As you note, they are unable to do what they claim. They had their chance to show they could and they failed. I absolutely support the idea of no more taxes unless it all goes to debt and no more debt.

Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •