Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 396

Thread: Obama Seeks to End Tax Breaks to Pay for Jobs Plan

  1. #261
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Obama Seeks to End Tax Breaks to Pay for Jobs Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    And what they don't tell you on FOX is that safety net programs that maintain a standard of living actually keep the economy rolling...and the rich get richer...
    Then let's all get in on the safety net programs. Think how great the economy would be then.

  2. #262
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Obama Seeks to End Tax Breaks to Pay for Jobs Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    This has nothing to do with what Obama says dude. It has to do with what is in the healthcare bill. Just because you hate Obama and don't trust him doesn't give the leeway to lie about what's in the bill. Til you get back on topic and actually comment on the fact that the healthcare bill is not socialized medicine I'm just going to assume that you're not capable of understanding what I'm telling you and will just go ahead and give you no further attention bro.
    You believe what you want to believe and when you are wrong you will be off on some other subject. The mandate will be ruled unconstitutional and the rest of the problem will die. There is no room in this country for govt. sponsored healthcare and a federal mandate.

    Whether you understand what I am posting is irrelevant as I believe you will get yours on the upcoming election in 2012. Keep buying what Obama tells you as it makes you look foolish.

  3. #263
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,773
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Obama Seeks to End Tax Breaks to Pay for Jobs Plan

    Moderator's Warning:
    Obama Seeks to End Tax Breaks to Pay for Jobs PlanLet me remind everyone to stick to the topic and not make this personal before anyone else gets kicked out of this thread.

  4. #264
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: Obama Seeks to End Tax Breaks to Pay for Jobs Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    Then let's all get in on the safety net programs. Think how great the economy would be then.
    Because the quality of life for those on social safety nets is ohh-so-great

    Get real.... One should be thankful they are not in need of such programs.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  5. #265
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Obama Seeks to End Tax Breaks to Pay for Jobs Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Because the quality of life for those on social safety nets is ohh-so-great

    Get real.... One should be thankful they are not in need of such programs.
    But the economy would just be outstanding if we could all be on unemplyment benefits, according to you and Pelosi.

  6. #266
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama Seeks to End Tax Breaks to Pay for Jobs Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Where have you been? The Stimulus One was passed and signed in February 2009, it was supposed to cap unemployment at 8%. The unemployment rate has never been at 8% since passage and there are more unemployed now than when Obama took office and the U-6 Unemployment rate is 16.2% or over 25 million unemployed and underemployed.

    So this stimulus failed and Obama wants more spending so exactly what more do you need not that it will matter to a liberal as you will just ignore the data.
    As well. Obama Administration Set to Defend Solyndra Loan at House Panel - WSJ.com

    While this is going on.

    O'Grady: Canada's Oil Sands Are a Job Gusher - WSJ.com

  7. #267
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: Obama Seeks to End Tax Breaks to Pay for Jobs Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    But the economy would just be outstanding if we could all be on unemplyment benefits, according to you and Pelosi.
    Only in your mind. I would like you to provide a source for the nonsense in the bold.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  8. #268
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    03-23-13 @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,265

    Re: Obama Seeks to End Tax Breaks to Pay for Jobs Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by vvx View Post
    How about this? We "reduce" the tax rates on everyone who makes more money than me to the tax rate I pay. Wait, that would be an increase for a lot of them... Oh well, it was a thought.
    You're getting close, lets do just that .. reduce the rate for everyone, (except for those 45% that pay noting in federal income tax now) then lets cut out all and I mean all deductions, and that means for you as well.

    Do that and I could see an increase in revenue, and that being with the top rate being between 20 and 25%

  9. #269
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,277

    Re: Obama Seeks to End Tax Breaks to Pay for Jobs Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by David D. View Post
    What a travesty!

    The idea of making wealthier Americans pay just a little extra in taxes (temporarily) so we can have some short term cash to help fix some of our budgetary and economic problems is just sickening. It warrants a giant complaining session in fact.

    Look, I'm all for lowering taxes at times when it makes sense strategically, but this is not one of them. Let's try to fix our budget without making deep cuts to programs that may be the difference between life or death for some folks, and then reassess the situation when when things even back out.

    I don't think an approach based on revenue increases and spending cuts is a crazy idea.
    Where is this in a bill?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #270
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,057

    Re: Obama Seeks to End Tax Breaks to Pay for Jobs Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    Super Erod, now with the ability to leap logic in a single bound, fast enough to not let any information actually catch up with him, flying at the speed of RNC talking points...

    You get trounced on a topic and just switch over to another talking point. How sad and predictable... all at once.
    LOL, when are YOU PEOPLE going to stop with these tired tactics. Condescending claims of victory only serve for you guys to sit in your little bubble and pat each other on the back. They mean nothing.

    Quick, pull out the always useful trump card. Call me a racist, fast!

Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •