Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 396

Thread: Obama Seeks to End Tax Breaks to Pay for Jobs Plan

  1. #251
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Obama Seeks to End Tax Breaks to Pay for Jobs Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    All of that is according to you since none of it is factual.
    Why? Because you say so? Doesn't appear that facts have any place in your vocabulary or in your real life.

  2. #252
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Obama Seeks to End Tax Breaks to Pay for Jobs Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Why? Because you say so? Doesn't appear that facts have any place in your vocabulary or in your real life.
    You should look up what a fact is. If you can't prove it numerically or at least without some sort of consensus or expert support, then what you have is pure conjecture. And, of course, that is what you have.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  3. #253
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Obama Seeks to End Tax Breaks to Pay for Jobs Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    You should look up what a fact is. If you can't prove it numerically or at least without some sort of consensus or expert support, then what you have is pure conjecture. And, of course, that is what you have.
    Where have you been? The Stimulus One was passed and signed in February 2009, it was supposed to cap unemployment at 8%. The unemployment rate has never been at 8% since passage and there are more unemployed now than when Obama took office and the U-6 Unemployment rate is 16.2% or over 25 million unemployed and underemployed.

    So this stimulus failed and Obama wants more spending so exactly what more do you need not that it will matter to a liberal as you will just ignore the data.

  4. #254
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,591

    Re: Obama Seeks to End Tax Breaks to Pay for Jobs Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by jambalaya View Post
    Here is how these polls go: "Hey person who isn't going to get his taxes raised, how about we raise taxes on these rich guys. Person says hey, that would be a great idea."
    which is why we need a flat or consumption tax.



  5. #255
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Obama Seeks to End Tax Breaks to Pay for Jobs Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    What else is new, other than the amount Obama now says is the evil "rich" just went down to $200K from $250K....Funny how that keeps creeping down...

    j-mac
    Why do you disagree with the notion that the wealthy should pay their fair share?

    Who benefits most from a sound economy, public services, and infrastructure?

    A. The employees or
    B. The board of directors

    A. The average consumer
    B. The CEO

    A. The Middle income family with a checking account
    B. The Wall street banker...


    And what they don't tell you on FOX is that safety net programs that maintain a standard of living actually keep the economy rolling...and the rich get richer...

  6. #256
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,591

    Re: Obama Seeks to End Tax Breaks to Pay for Jobs Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Why do you disagree with the notion that the wealthy should pay their fair share?

    Who benefits most from a sound economy, public services, and infrastructure.

    A. The employees or
    B. The board of directors

    A. The average consumer
    B. The CEO

    A. The Middle income family with a checking account
    B. The Wall street banker...


    And what they don't tell you on FOX is that safety net programs that maintain a standard of living actually keep the economy rolling...and the rich get richer...
    one of the biggest lies going around these days is obumble's claim that the group that already pays 40% of the income tax and all the estate taxes aren't paying their fair share.



  7. #257
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,591

    Re: Obama Seeks to End Tax Breaks to Pay for Jobs Plan

    Obumble has already conceded that the rich get the least value out of government. That is why Obumble noted that when everyone has to sacrifice most of the country will sacrifice by having less government while the rich need to pay more taxes.

    iF the rich really benefited the most from government than the rich would be sacrificing the most when government is cut



  8. #258
    Educator
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Seen
    11-15-15 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    802

    Re: Obama Seeks to End Tax Breaks to Pay for Jobs Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    Ah, why don't they put a poll out there .. just asking a simple question ..... would you mind seeing "your" taxes raised ?

    While it's easy to say yeah lets tax someone else .. as long as it isn't me, I somehow think that polling numbers would change drastically if it was their money they were talking about.
    How about this? We "reduce" the tax rates on everyone who makes more money than me to the tax rate I pay. Wait, that would be an increase for a lot of them... Oh well, it was a thought.

  9. #259
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,042

    Re: Obama Seeks to End Tax Breaks to Pay for Jobs Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I asked you a question, why do you believe a word Obama tells you and I am waiting for an answer? What happens if you are wrong?
    This has nothing to do with what Obama says dude. It has to do with what is in the healthcare bill. Just because you hate Obama and don't trust him doesn't give the leeway to lie about what's in the bill. Til you get back on topic and actually comment on the fact that the healthcare bill is not socialized medicine I'm just going to assume that you're not capable of understanding what I'm telling you and will just go ahead and give you no further attention bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  10. #260
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,591

    Re: Obama Seeks to End Tax Breaks to Pay for Jobs Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by vvx View Post
    How about this? We "reduce" the tax rates on everyone who makes more money than me to the tax rate I pay. Wait, that would be an increase for a lot of them... Oh well, it was a thought.
    I find that hard to believe.



Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •