Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 151

Thread: Perry and Paul: Texas-Sized Feud?

  1. #21
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Perry and Paul: Texas-Sized Feud?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Proving my point (denied by liberals on this board) that liberals choose their leaders 1)on academics, and 2)how socialist they are. #2 to a lesser extent. Obama with degrees from Columbia and Harvard is a huge loser as a leader.
    Do they? I wonder what Ted Kennedy's GPA was. And is it the worst thing ever to want to have some amount of academic/intellectual standards for politicians? Sure it shouldn't be the only factor, but why not a major factor? I'd prefer to have an intelligent monkey in the office than a retarded one.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #22
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:17 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,309

    Re: Perry and Paul: Texas-Sized Feud?

    I'm voting "Green" and I don't care if its a homo, pink, three fingered pervert on crack. I'm definitely going for the better candidate.
    Last edited by DaveFagan; 09-09-11 at 05:23 PM.

  3. #23
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Perry and Paul: Texas-Sized Feud?

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    I'm definitely going for the better candidate.
    That would likely be the libertarian candidate. heheh
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #24
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Perry and Paul: Texas-Sized Feud?

    Im voting for anything that doesnt walk...talk, look or smell like a teapartier who wants to murder anyone that has to work for a living

  5. #25
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,940

    Re: Perry and Paul: Texas-Sized Feud?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Do they? I wonder what Ted Kennedy's GPA was. And is it the worst thing ever to want to have some amount of academic/intellectual standards for politicians? Sure it shouldn't be the only factor, but why not a major factor? I'd prefer to have an intelligent monkey in the office than a retarded one.
    I never cared what Ted Kennedy's GPA was because he was a cheater. Kicked out of Harvard for it, you know.

  6. #26
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,940

    Re: Perry and Paul: Texas-Sized Feud?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    It's better to hire morons with a history of failing, like Perry, Palin, bush*, McCain, etc
    What wouldn't be good would be re-electing someone with a proven record of abject failure.

  7. #27
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,074

    Re: Perry and Paul: Texas-Sized Feud?

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    I never cared what Ted Kennedy's GPA was because he was a cheater. Kicked out of Harvard for it, you know.
    And later readmitted and graduated.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #28
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Perry and Paul: Texas-Sized Feud?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    You used a different (and false) reasoning for your claim
    yes, way different.

    you said that small govt rightwingers voted to increase spending, the PATRIOT Act, the HSA and the TSA.

    I said those actions precluded them from being small government politicians.

    How is this any different then Danarhea using Perry's past actions to preclude him from such a title? I fail to see any logic or reasoning in your stance

  9. #29
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,940

    Re: Perry and Paul: Texas-Sized Feud?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    And later readmitted and graduated.
    So? My point is who cares what the GPA of a cheater is? And cheater he was.

  10. #30
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Perry and Paul: Texas-Sized Feud?

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    What wouldn't be good would be re-electing someone with a proven record of abject failure.
    That's why I won't be voting republican

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    yes, way different.
    you said that small govt rightwingers voted to increase spending, the PATRIOT Act, the HSA and the TSA.
    I said those actions precluded them from being small government politicians.
    How is this any different then Danarhea using Perry's past actions to preclude him from such a title? I fail to see any logic or reasoning in your stance

    You dishonestly claimed that what a politician said had nothing to do with it.

    Danarhea didn't preclude anything. He just pointed out the hypocrisy of a "small govt" politician

    And I'm still waiting for you to post a non-circular definition of what small govt means. Is it based on the # of employees? How much they spend? What powers they have?

    All you have done is say what a small govt politician is not. You havent said what it is.

    PS - danarhea said nothing about Perry being or not being a "small govt" politician. Your claim that he made the same argument you did is nothing but a lie. But that's what I expect from radicals who dishonestly call themselves conservatives.
    Last edited by sangha; 09-09-11 at 05:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •