Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 151

Thread: Perry and Paul: Texas-Sized Feud?

  1. #11
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Perry and Paul: Texas-Sized Feud?

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Prior to the mid-80's Texas was run by the Dems. They were mostly the conservative Dems and in large part flipped during that decade to turn the state red.

    Fully grasp the "old school" Dems mentality not the progressives they are today

    Don't read too much into that *switching* bull****
    Because the Dems today are far more liberal than the dems of the 60's and 70's
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #12
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,763

    Re: Perry and Paul: Texas-Sized Feud?

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Prior to the mid-80's Texas was run by the Dems. They were mostly the conservative Dems and in large part flipped during that decade to turn the state red.

    Fully grasp the "old school" Dems mentality not the progressives they are today

    Don't read too much into that *switching* bull****
    You don't have to. Just know the facts:

    1) Perry issued executive order forcing schoolgirls in Texas to receive a vaccine that had not been fully tested on humans, after receiving a sizable campaign donation from the pharma company that manufactures it. The GOP-dominated congress overrode that order.

    2) Perry issued executive order allowing Mexican trucks on Texas roads without having to be inspected for bald tires and bad brakes, like their American counterparts do. The result was a lot of deaths due to unsafe Mexican trucks causing crashes.

    3) Perry supports the proposed I-69 corridor, which will link the US, Mexico, and Canada.

    4) Perry gave our toll road fee stations to companies in Mexico and China.

    5) Perry signed the death warrant for an innocent man, who was executed. When the forensics board determined that an innocent man had been executed, Perry fired the whole board and replaced them with cronies, who then shut down that investigation.

    6) Perry increased taxes on cigarettes and alcohol.

    7) Perry says he wants smaller government, but brags about how he has created more jobs than any other state. Almost all of those jobs he created were government, public sector jobs. But he says he wants smaller government. Perry is a liar.

    That's just for starters. Perry can talk a good game of Conservatism, but people are not defined by what they say. They are defined by what they do, and Perry's track record speaks for itself. Ron Paul called it right. Perry is not who he says he is.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  3. #13
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Perry and Paul: Texas-Sized Feud?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Because the Dems today are far more liberal than the dems of the 60's and 70's
    He'll look appealing to some Dems because he started out one and applying, the Buckley rule: You support the most conservative candidate who is electable

    I believe, Perry is that person

  4. #14
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Perry and Paul: Texas-Sized Feud?

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    He'll look appealing to some Dems because he started out one and applying, the Buckley rule: You support the most conservative candidate who is electable

    I believe, Perry is that person
    And I believe that the answer to our economic problems is "More cowbells"
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #15
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Perry and Paul: Texas-Sized Feud?

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    You don't have to. Just know the facts:

    1) Perry issued executive order forcing schoolgirls in Texas to receive a vaccine that had not been fully tested on humans, after receiving a sizable campaign donation from the pharma company that manufactures it. The GOP-dominated congress overrode that order.

    2) Perry issued executive order allowing Mexican trucks on Texas roads without having to be inspected for bald tires and bad brakes, like their American counterparts do. The result was a lot of deaths due to unsafe Mexican trucks causing crashes.

    3) Perry supports the proposed I-69 corridor, which will link the US, Mexico, and Canada.

    4) Perry gave our toll road fee stations to companies in Mexico and China.

    5) Perry signed the death warrant for an innocent man, who was executed. When the forensics board determined that an innocent man had been executed, Perry fired the whole board and replaced them with cronies, who then shut down that investigation.

    6) Perry increased taxes on cigarettes and alcohol.

    7) Perry says he wants smaller government, but brags about how he has created more jobs than any other state. Almost all of those jobs he created were government, public sector jobs. But he says he wants smaller government. Perry is a liar.

    That's just for starters. Perry can talk a good game of Conservatism, but people are not defined by what they say. They are defined by what they do, and Perry's track record speaks for itself. Ron Paul called it right. Perry is not who he says he is.
    Between him and POTUS...I would stop and contemplate who I'd vote for, lets put it that way. You should too

  6. #16
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Perry and Paul: Texas-Sized Feud?

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    You don't have to. Just know the facts:

    1) Perry issued executive order forcing schoolgirls in Texas to receive a vaccine that had not been fully tested on humans, after receiving a sizable campaign donation from the pharma company that manufactures it. The GOP-dominated congress overrode that order.

    2) Perry issued executive order allowing Mexican trucks on Texas roads without having to be inspected for bald tires and bad brakes, like their American counterparts do. The result was a lot of deaths due to unsafe Mexican trucks causing crashes.

    3) Perry supports the proposed I-69 corridor, which will link the US, Mexico, and Canada.

    4) Perry gave our toll road fee stations to companies in Mexico and China.

    5) Perry signed the death warrant for an innocent man, who was executed. When the forensics board determined that an innocent man had been executed, Perry fired the whole board and replaced them with cronies, who then shut down that investigation.

    6) Perry increased taxes on cigarettes and alcohol.

    7) Perry says he wants smaller government, but brags about how he has created more jobs than any other state. Almost all of those jobs he created were government, public sector jobs. But he says he wants smaller government. Perry is a liar.

    That's just for starters. Perry can talk a good game of Conservatism, but people are not defined by what they say. They are defined by what they do, and Perry's track record speaks for itself. Ron Paul called it right. Perry is not who he says he is.
    strange. When I come out and accuse a politician of not being a small government politician, Sangha claims I am engaging in the no true Scotsman fallacy, yet when you do it, he/she/it (bot) thanks you?

  7. #17
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Perry and Paul: Texas-Sized Feud?

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    strange. When I come out and accuse a politician of not being a small government politician, Sangha claims I am engaging in the no true Scotsman fallacy, yet when you do it, he/she/it (bot) thanks you?
    You used a different (and false) reasoning for your claim
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #18
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Perry and Paul: Texas-Sized Feud?

    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Perry can take his 1.9 GPA and shove it up his ass.
    Proving my point (denied by liberals on this board) that liberals choose their leaders 1)on academics, and 2)how socialist they are. #2 to a lesser extent. Obama with degrees from Columbia and Harvard is a huge loser as a leader.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  9. #19
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Perry and Paul: Texas-Sized Feud?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    And I believe that the answer to our economic problems is "More cowbells"
    Every liberal should wear one.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #20
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Perry and Paul: Texas-Sized Feud?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Proving my point (denied by liberals on this board) that liberals choose their leaders 1)on academics, and 2)how socialist they are. #2 to a lesser extent. Obama with degrees from Columbia and Harvard is a huge loser as a leader.
    It's better to hire morons with a history of failing, like Perry, Palin, bush*, McCain, etc
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •