Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 151

Thread: Perry and Paul: Texas-Sized Feud?

  1. #131
    User Rawhide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Last Seen
    09-30-11 @ 04:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    81

    Re: Perry and Paul: Texas-Sized Feud?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    At this point, I'm ready to vote for etc.
    Indeed, I myself am not the staunchest supporter of either Romney or Perry. Santorum, Bachmann and Newt all get higher ratings from me.
    "The war is at our doorsteps, and it is fueled, figuratively and literally, by Islamic fascism, nurtured and bred in Iran."

    -Rick Santorum

  2. #132
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:55 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    45,091

    Re: Perry and Paul: Texas-Sized Feud?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tubub View Post
    Ronald Reagan....
    Yeah. I think the breed died out after him though.

  3. #133
    Advisor Tubub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    05-22-13 @ 03:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    521

    Re: Perry and Paul: Texas-Sized Feud?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    I don't know what else to say besides the fact that your continued notion that Perry is unelectable in a general election is completely unfounded and seems to be rooted in philosophical dislike for the man as opposed to any polling data or anything at all concrete.
    It's based on who he mainly caters to and the fact that is not a majority of the country. Bush beat Gore and Kerry because of a lot of things, not just his religious connections. While you're right that I don't agree with the theocratic crowd, and am not from a small town, it also happens to be that more people live in big cities and don't go to mega churches and have public prayers


    Quote Originally Posted by Raw Hide
    Once again I disagree. McCain did everything he could to distance himself from President Bush. He did not move to the right except when he gave the nod to Governor Palin, which resulted in a huge surge in the polls. The "McSame" campaign was launched because democrat operatives, and rightly so, believed that it would be a good political move to paint McCain with the same brush as Bush despite the fact that they were two vastly different candidates.
    McCain was one of two Republicans to vote against the repeal of the Estates Tax in 2002. He later tried to say it was a mistake. In 2000 he called Robertson and similar whack jobs "agents of intolerance". In 2008 he tried to back away from the statement. In 2000 McCain supported the federal ban for offshore drilling. In 2008 one of the campaign slogans was "Drill Baby Drill"

    I believe McCain is a great American and I supported him despite throughout the 2008 election, but he sold his soul to try to win the election and lost anyway. He really desperately wanted to be President, and between him and others like Bush or Obama he definitely did deserve it more.
    “Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”
    -TR

  4. #134
    Advisor Tubub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    05-22-13 @ 03:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    521

    Re: Perry and Paul: Texas-Sized Feud?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Yeah. I think the breed died out after him though.
    No, there's plenty. California Republicans just tend not to be as Conservative on social issues, and other people gawk at that
    “Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”
    -TR

  5. #135
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:55 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    45,091

    Re: Perry and Paul: Texas-Sized Feud?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tubub View Post
    No, there's plenty. California Republicans just tend not to be as Conservative on social issues, and other people gawk at that
    Or fiscal issues, or on the issue of limited government. Schwartzenegger was technically a Republican wasn't he?

  6. #136
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    42,122

    Re: Perry and Paul: Texas-Sized Feud?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Or fiscal issues, or on the issue of limited government. Schwartzenegger was technically a Republican wasn't he?
    Yes, technically. He did talk a good game. Our current democratic governor is acting more like a Republican than a Democrat.

    Which is a total surprise to me. I didn't vote for him
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  7. #137
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Last Seen
    07-07-16 @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,854

    Re: Perry and Paul: Texas-Sized Feud?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    If by some magical windfall of luck, Paul got the GOP nomination; I'd vote for him. He is likely the only Republican candidate on the field right now that I could vote for.
    If Ron Paul wins, then they will start digging up on his history. First they can tell how contradicting he is. He only supports legislation that would benefit his own district.

    However, I don't think he will put into very good light when he is going to explain why we should keep the IRS from investigating private schools who may have used race as a factor in denying entrance. Why we should let people without insurance die. Why we should abolish Social Security. Why we should abolish the minimum wage.

    The reason they don't criticize Ron Paul is because he has no chance to win, and criticize him makes you lose in the polls. Obama wouldn't have that problem.

  8. #138
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:55 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    45,091

    Re: Perry and Paul: Texas-Sized Feud?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Yes, technically. He did talk a good game. Our current democratic governor is acting more like a Republican than a Democrat.

    Which is a total surprise to me. I didn't vote for him
    Isn't your current gov Jerry Brown...again?

  9. #139
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    42,122

    Re: Perry and Paul: Texas-Sized Feud?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Isn't your current gov Jerry Brown...again?
    Surprisingly enough, yes it is.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  10. #140
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:55 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    45,091

    Re: Perry and Paul: Texas-Sized Feud?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Surprisingly enough, yes it is.
    It's California. I can't say I'm particularly surprised - no offense. I would be surprised if he was acting in any arguable way as a Republican.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •