Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 119

Thread: Sources: Obama Administration to Drop Troop Levels in Iraq to 3,000

  1. #41
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Sources: Obama Administration to Drop Troop Levels in Iraq to 3,000

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    If you go by the age old axiom of, "never under-estimate your enemy", it does.

    Do you have a single shred of evidence that proves that an invasion by Iran is an impossibility? If so, post it. Otherwise, the, "you don't know ****", routine isn't going to cut the mustard.
    Do you have a single shred of evidence that proves that Iran is going to invade Iraq? Because them "sending insurgents" or "training them" or whatever is not evidence that they are going to invade Iraq...


  2. #42
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,296
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Sources: Obama Administration to Drop Troop Levels in Iraq to 3,000

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You just can't stand it, when you have nothing else to say and have to resort to insults and bitching about what others have to say.
    The comparison doesn't work.


    Have you any evidence that it's an impossibility? I would love to see it.
    Oh so we've gone from, its a sure bet to, prove its an impossibility? What kind of **** is that, nothing is an impossibility, but you have presented no proof, except your own opinion.

    Somalia might invade Russia, is that an impossibility?


    I said, "air supremacy", not air superiority. Air supremacy is what the IAF enjoyed, during the 6-Day War. However, if we only achieved air superiority in a fight with the Iranians, they may be able to create an air-defense umbrella that would allow more freedom of movement, in an environment that didn't allow for use of the terrain for protection.

    Iran achieved air superiority over iraq during the Iran-Iraq war and you see how long that lasted. As I said, you can't win a war from the air.
    What the hell are you even saying here? The USAF would achieve air superiority instantly and take out any anti-air defences as well.

    Your point doesn't even make sense.

    And you've still yet to prove Iran will invade Iraq.

  3. #43
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Sources: Obama Administration to Drop Troop Levels in Iraq to 3,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Razor View Post
    Are you kidding me? Iran will not invade Iraq with ANY US troops there. While putting troops on the ground is one thing, a very expensive thing... we can and have bombed the crap out of them (Iraq) for the ten years between the wars. Iran know this. We don't need to put troops on the ground to destroy a country... we have cruise missiles and stealth fighter/bombers.

    As for the hysterical claims that Iran has or will very soon have a bomb... that's right up there with Saddam could have a bomb within the year. Iran's entire stockpile of yellow cake is under IAEA monitoring. They can't remove an ounce of it without prior approval. The amount removed to date is nowhere near enough to make a bomb. Hell, they've only reached 20% enrichment, far, far short of the 90%+ needed for a bomb. And the more you refine it, the harder it is and longer it takes.

    Iran is not a threat to 5 American troops, much less 3,000.

    Don't you guys ever get tired of living in fear fueled false bravado?
    Like I said, never under-estimate your enemy. Any ol' boy with an automatic weapon is a very dangerous threat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #44
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Sources: Obama Administration to Drop Troop Levels in Iraq to 3,000

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Do you have a single shred of evidence that proves that Iran is going to invade Iraq? Because them "sending insurgents" or "training them" or whatever is not evidence that they are going to invade Iraq...
    So, you have nothing but questions, as an attempt to rebut my comments?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #45
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Sources: Obama Administration to Drop Troop Levels in Iraq to 3,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    The comparison doesn't work.




    Oh so we've gone from, its a sure bet to, prove its an impossibility? What kind of **** is that, nothing is an impossibility, but you have presented no proof, except your own opinion.

    Somalia might invade Russia, is that an impossibility?
    Do Russia and Somalia share a border? Does Somalia have a well organized and well equipped army and air force? No, they don't, so stop with this silly ass apples and oranges comparison you got goin' on.




    What the hell are you even saying here? The USAF would achieve air superiority instantly and take out any anti-air defences as well.

    Your point doesn't even make sense.

    And you've still yet to prove Iran will invade Iraq.
    There's no guarantee of that and it's obvious that you don't understand the difference between air superiority and air supremacy.

    Allow me to educate you.

    Air supremacy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #46
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,296
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Sources: Obama Administration to Drop Troop Levels in Iraq to 3,000

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Do Russia and Somalia share a border? Does Somalia have a well organized and well equipped army and air force? No, they don't, so stop with this silly ass apples and oranges comparison you got goin' on.






    There's no guarantee of that and it's obvious that you don't understand the difference between air superiority and air supremacy.

    Allow me to educate you.

    Air supremacy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    So we come to the conclusion.

    You've run away from your assertion.

    So I guess Iran isn't invading Iraq.

    Thanks for playing.

  7. #47
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Sources: Obama Administration to Drop Troop Levels in Iraq to 3,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    So we come to the conclusion.

    You've run away from your assertion.

    So I guess Iran isn't invading Iraq.

    Thanks for playing.
    I posted my evidence. Where's your's? Don't have it, do you?
    Last edited by apdst; 09-06-11 at 11:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #48
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Sources: Obama Administration to Drop Troop Levels in Iraq to 3,000

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    So, you have nothing but questions, as an attempt to rebut my comments?
    Man your the one claiming that Iran is about to invade Iraq or some nonsense like that. I would say that i have no evidence that they will is pretty good evidence that they are not going to invade Iraq......

    And by the way i was the one to ask a question first in response when you said:"BTW, nevermind that Iran has been supporting insurgents in Iraq for years, now. Just a coincidence, I'm sure." In response i asked: "Does that point out that they are going to launch an invasion on Iraq????" Then you said: "Do you have a single shred of evidence that proves that an invasion by Iran is an impossibility?" You never answered that question so you in fact are being a hypocrite here.

    And the only "evidence" you have is an "age old axiom"? Seriously? Thats some **** evidence man... Try to hold that one up...




  9. #49
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,296
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Sources: Obama Administration to Drop Troop Levels in Iraq to 3,000

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Awwww, someone got his little ass spanked and doesn't want to play anymore; gonna pick up his toys and go home.


    Alright there buddy.

    When you come back with some evidence of Iranian plans to invade Iraq, or troop movements along the border let me know.

  10. #50
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Sources: Obama Administration to Drop Troop Levels in Iraq to 3,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post


    Alright there buddy.

    When you come back with some evidence of Iranian plans to invade Iraq, or troop movements along the border let me know.
    I apologize for that post. It wasn't polite. Wanna re-respond to my correction?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •