Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 95

Thread: Libyan rebels round up black Africans

  1. #41
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Libyan rebels round up black Africans

    Quote Originally Posted by dixiesolutions View Post
    Let's understand one major thing.....Barrak Hussain Obama has given Millions upon Millions of U.S. Dollars to these Muslim Rebels.
    That is a very unstable country. And within a few months, I will say that Al-Quida will be involved, and part of their internal governing future.
    Rounding up all the Black's..Yep! - that is only one influence of Al-Quida's way.
    And why do you think Al-Quida's not involved right now?
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  2. #42

  3. #43
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Libyan rebels round up black Africans

    How much you want to bet the LA Times isn't looking at this through American black racism glasses? Is racism against black over there the same as it is here? What are the reasons?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #44
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Libyan rebels round up black Africans

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon of Light View Post
    Given the various reported instances of violence and outright murder of black Africans in rebel-held territories I am not terribly confident that they will mete out a fair ruling. Also, some of us have an understanding of democracy and liberty that does not include arbitrarily expelling any non-citizen the government likes without a legitimate cause. Being black is not a legitimate cause for expulsion.
    Given that your understanding of democracy and liberty leads you to the support of tyrants, I don't think we have to take your opinion on the subject seriously.

    And yes, government can AT ANY TIME expel non-citizens for any reason whatsoever.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  5. #45
    Bohemian Revolutionary
    Demon of Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    03-07-17 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,095

    Re: Libyan rebels round up black Africans

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Given that your understanding of democracy and liberty leads you to the support of tyrants, I don't think we have to take your opinion on the subject seriously.
    My understanding of democracy and liberty leads me to expose the nature of propaganda and respect that a country needs to find its own path rather than replicating the path of other countries or being forced along such a path. Removing Gadafhi can be easily portrayed as a noble cause . . . . if you ignore the consequences of intervening in another country's political process. We did it in Afghanistan and got the Taliban. We did it in Iran and got Khomeini.
    "For what is Evil but Good-tortured by its own hunger and thirst?"
    - Khalil Gibran

  6. #46
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,961
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: Libyan rebels round up black Africans

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    How much you want to bet the LA Times isn't looking at this through American black racism glasses? Is racism against black over there the same as it is here? What are the reasons?
    Please show how the LA Times is looking at the situation "through American black racism glasses." Also you might know the reasons Libyans are doing this if you took a moment to look at the links.
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  7. #47
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Libyan rebels round up black Africans

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon of Light View Post
    My understanding of democracy and liberty leads me to expose the nature of propaganda and respect that a country needs to find its own path rather than replicating the path of other countries or being forced along such a path. Removing Gadafhi can be easily portrayed as a noble cause . . . . if you ignore the consequences of intervening in another country's political process. We did it in Afghanistan and got the Taliban. We did it in Iran and got Khomeini.
    The people were choosing their own path against Khaddafi, but he had the guns and complete control for 42 years. If NATO airstrikes were going to help the people express their will, I support it. It seems you think that is a small group has control of the guns, that means that the people support that choice of government. You are so wrong on this.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  8. #48
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Libyan rebels round up black Africans

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon of Light View Post
    Also, some of us have an understanding of democracy and liberty that does not include arbitrarily expelling any non-citizen the government likes without a legitimate cause. Being black is not a legitimate cause for expulsion.
    It seems to be a legitimate cause here in the US:


    One of the nation’s largest American Indian tribes has sent letters to about 2,800 descendants of slaves once owned by its members, revoking their citizenship and cutting their medical care, food stipends, low-income homeowners’ assistance and other services.

    The Cherokee Nation acted this week after its Supreme Court upheld the results of a 2007 special vote to amend the Cherokee constitution and remove the slaves’ descendants and other non-Indians from tribal rolls. The 300,000-member tribe is the biggest in Oklahoma, although many of its members live elsewhere.

  9. #49
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,183

    Re: Libyan rebels round up black Africans

    Quote Originally Posted by dixiesolutions View Post
    Let's understand one major thing.....Barrak Hussain Obama has given Millions upon Millions of U.S. Dollars to these Muslim Rebels.
    That is a very unstable country. And within a few months, I will say that Al-Quida will be involved, and part of their internal governing future.
    Rounding up all the Black's..Yep! - that is only one influence of Al-Quida's way.
    I'll take the "Millions upon Millions" for true right now, though some proof would be nice. I can imagine that it could be true, as removing Qadafi has long been a policy goal of our government, stretching back to at least Reagan (GASP! I just suggested that Reagan and Obama agreed about something. The horror!)

    Here's what I find immensely funny. Part of Bush's rationale for invading Iraq was that it would result in democracies taking hold across the region -- you'd think the Right wing would be shoving this in people's faces saying "See, we told you this would happen." Instead you're all concerned that this is turning out poorly in some ways. Did you expect that they'd all be Republicans or something?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  10. #50
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: Libyan rebels round up black Africans

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I'll take the "Millions upon Millions" for true right now, though some proof would be nice. I can imagine that it could be true, as removing Qadafi has long been a policy goal of our government, stretching back to at least Reagan (GASP! I just suggested that Reagan and Obama agreed about something. The horror!)

    Here's what I find immensely funny. Part of Bush's rationale for invading Iraq was that it would result in democracies taking hold across the region -- you'd think the Right wing would be shoving this in people's faces saying "See, we told you this would happen." Instead you're all concerned that this is turning out poorly in some ways. Did you expect that they'd all be Republicans or something?
    You've missed the point. After all the opposition from democrats/liberals regarding the last two wars, or military conflicts in the Middle East, the irony, or hypocrisy, is that it's now OK to intervene in another Middle Eastern country's affairs. Why? Because your political party deemed it necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •