Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 95

Thread: Libyan rebels round up black Africans

  1. #21
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,960
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: Libyan rebels round up black Africans

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Some folks were telling us that the emerging leadership, in Egypt, would be the Muslim Brotherhood. But, the, "we're smarter than you are", folks said that wasn't going to happen.
    The emerging leadership is not the MB. They aren't even running a presidential candidate (Muslim Brotherhood: 'We are not seeking power' - CNN.com).
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  2. #22
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Libyan rebels round up black Africans

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Didn't take sides, eh? Right! Obama was totally silent about Egypt.
    Exactly my point. What did Libya get? Libya got several speeches and "Gadaffi its time to step down" oh yea and they got a **** ton of cruise missiles! What did Syria get? A speech here and there.... What did the Saudis get? Naaa nothing we were silent on that one, DEAD SILENT on that one! What did Egypt get? Silence.. Sure a few talking points, but nothing serious... Sure we will support a "orderly transition to democracy" only if its done are way and we get our candidates up there...


  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Libyan rebels round up black Africans

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    The emerging leadership is not the MB. They aren't even running a presidential candidate (Muslim Brotherhood: 'We are not seeking power' - CNN.com).
    Of course. And why would they ever lie? They look peaceful and honest enough.

  4. #24
    Professor xpiher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-23-12 @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: Libyan rebels round up black Africans

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Some folks were telling us that the emerging leadership, in Egypt, would be the Muslim Brotherhood. But, the, "we're smarter than you are", folks said that wasn't going to happen.
    No, the "we're smarter than you folks" said it didn't matter.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Makes you proud that we supported these assholes, huh?

    Kinda like Egypt, where we encouraged Muslim extremists to oust a U.S. friendly government.
    You are naive and don't know anything about middle east history, especially the Muslim brotherhood. Nor do you understand war psychology.
    Hayek - too liberal for republicans

  5. #25
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Libyan rebels round up black Africans

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon of Light View Post
    Source: Yahoo! News

    This comes as no real surprise to me.
    Comes as no surprise to me either as Khadfy was well known for using Black Africans against the people of Libya. We don't know what is being done, but if they are rounding them up to send them home, I have absolutely no problem with that... Of course, you love Khadaffy, so of course you would oppose anyone who oppses them. How cares about freeing the Libyan... or Chinese... or any other people from an oppressive dictatorship...
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  6. #26
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,445

    Re: Libyan rebels round up black Africans

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    The emerging leadership is not the MB. They aren't even running a presidential candidate (Muslim Brotherhood: 'We are not seeking power' - CNN.com).
    And, you're going to believe, just because the MB said so...right?

    C'mon, dude, you're smarter than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #27
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,445

    Re: Libyan rebels round up black Africans

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Exactly my point. What did Libya get? Libya got several speeches and "Gadaffi its time to step down" oh yea and they got a **** ton of cruise missiles! What did Syria get? A speech here and there.... What did the Saudis get? Naaa nothing we were silent on that one, DEAD SILENT on that one! What did Egypt get? Silence.. Sure a few talking points, but nothing serious... Sure we will support a "orderly transition to democracy" only if its done are way and we get our candidates up there...
    Obama's only going to support pro-terrorist states. he's your boy, not mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #28
    Bohemian Revolutionary
    Demon of Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    03-07-17 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,095

    Re: Libyan rebels round up black Africans

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Comes as no surprise to me either as Khadfy was well known for using Black Africans against the people of Libya. We don't know what is being done, but if they are rounding them up to send them home, I have absolutely no problem with that... Of course, you love Khadaffy, so of course you would oppose anyone who oppses them. How cares about freeing the Libyan... or Chinese... or any other people from an oppressive dictatorship...
    Gadafhi used mercenaries and his mercenaries came in all shapes and sizes. Such mercenaries were additionally a very small segment of the population. For Libya's new government to be rounding up any and every black person in the area, whatever they do with them, is clearly not something you should "have absolutely no problem with" if you actually have any interest in liberty or democracy.
    "For what is Evil but Good-tortured by its own hunger and thirst?"
    - Khalil Gibran

  9. #29
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,445

    Re: Libyan rebels round up black Africans

    Quote Originally Posted by xpiher View Post
    No, the "we're smarter than you folks" said it didn't matter.



    You are naive and don't know anything about middle east history, especially the Muslim brotherhood. Nor do you understand war psychology.
    Oh, is that it? Well, why don't you get me up to speed, my man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #30
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    01-17-15 @ 02:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    629

    Re: Libyan rebels round up black Africans

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon of Light View Post
    Gadafhi used mercenaries and his mercenaries came in all shapes and sizes. Such mercenaries were additionally a very small segment of the population. For Libya's new government to be rounding up any and every black person in the area, whatever they do with them, is clearly not something you should "have absolutely no problem with" if you actually have any interest in liberty or democracy.
    Of course its not good that they are rounding up people, but compare this with what Gaddhafi did. Just as the rebels were closing in, his people instead of letting prisoners go, threw grenades in a holding area and then started firing indiscriminately at the people. This is like the first negative thing on the rebels' side and the detractors are trying to make a big deal out of it. Gaddhafi was much worse and at least this is just rounding them up and holding them until they can figure out what to do with them, the US does that to suspected insurgents too.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •