Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 217

Thread: Investigators Probe White House Role in Massive Energy Loan

  1. #161
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 01:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: Investigators Probe White House Role in Massive Energy Loan

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That's laughable. Please provide some support.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Boo Radley
    "So. you think Obama likes oil in the gulf"?

    You asked what I think, (not me specifically) and I gave you my answer. Further I'm not laughing, Obama has poured billions into green that has not saved one drop of oil. In fact he just lost 535 million of tax payer money on yet another failed green project.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  2. #162
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Investigators Probe White House Role in Massive Energy Loan

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Boo Radley
    "So. you think Obama likes oil in the gulf"?

    You asked what I think, (not me specifically) and I gave you my answer. Further I'm not laughing, Obama has poured billions into green that has not saved one drop of oil. In fact he just lost 535 million of tax payer money on yet another failed green project.
    Into green is where money should be spent. Oil, at best, is a limited resource. But that has little to nothing to do with the gulf clean up. If you're into green, you want the gulf cleaned up.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #163
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Investigators Probe White House Role in Massive Energy Loan

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That's laughable. Please provide some support.
    "God Bless America? No, God Damn America!"

    Repeat that line over and over for 20 years and the listener will behave in the same manner BHO is behaving now. Think Manchurian Candidate.

  4. #164
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Investigators Probe White House Role in Massive Energy Loan

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    "God Bless America? No, God Damn America!"

    Repeat that line over and over for 20 years and the listener will behave in the same manner BHO is behaving now. Think Manchurian Candidate.
    In context, within the tradition, you really misunderstand the comment. But do we really want to do that education here?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #165
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Investigators Probe White House Role in Massive Energy Loan

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    So. you think Obama likes oil in the gulf?
    I think he used the situation as a way to strangle off production there, which was what he wanted to do anyway, one way or another. I do know this, when he couldn't use the "crisis
    " factor anymore how much did you hear about it?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #166
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Investigators Probe White House Role in Massive Energy Loan

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I think he used the situation as a way to strangle off production there, which was what he wanted to do anyway, one way or another. I do know this, when he couldn't use the "crisis
    " factor anymore how much did you hear about it?

    j-mac
    You give too much credit, and this is what being paranoid will do for you.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #167
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Investigators Probe White House Role in Massive Energy Loan

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Into green is where money should be spent.
    So you are perfectly fine with funneling millions into the pocket of a big Obama donor, as long as they can title it the right way eh? Even when their own people pinpointed the date that it would fail?

    This is the problem ladies and gentlemen. If this exact situation were a repub doing the same thing, Boo would have many problems with it, but since it isn't he prefers to ignore the whole thing.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #168
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Investigators Probe White House Role in Massive Energy Loan

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    In context, within the tradition, you really misunderstand the comment. But do we really want to do that education here?
    Yes, I'm familiar with the "It's all part of a rich tradition" argument but when someone from the group who is God-damming America appears intent on destroying the US economy then the comparisons are bound to surface. If you think trillions of dollars of debt, growing at a rate of $3.92 billion per day, will not have long term effect on the United States then you are blind to the world around you. You have carried your devotion to a political party to such an extreme that you are willing to watch your country's destruction unfold rather than change course.

    I doubt most Americans feel the same way, but the question remains as to whether the next President will even be able to undo the damage that has already been done by this administration..

  9. #169
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Investigators Probe White House Role in Massive Energy Loan

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Yes, I'm familiar with the "It's all part of a rich tradition" argument but when someone from the group who is God-damming America appears intent on destroying the US economy then the comparisons are bound to surface. If you think trillions of dollars of debt, growing at a rate of $3.92 billion per day, will not have long term effect on the United States then you are blind to the world around you. You have carried your devotion to a political party to such an extreme that you are willing to watch your country's destruction unfold rather than change course.

    I doubt most Americans feel the same way, but the question remains as to whether the next President will even be able to undo the damage that has already been done by this administration..
    You're interpretation of Obama's actions is as skewed as your reading of the Reverands comments. Frankly, Obama simply hasn't been what you guys claim. Oh, he hasn't set the world on fire, and he has been slow and has allowed Republicans to derail efforts when he should have been more foceful, but the economy 1) has been a problem for a long, long time and Obama hasn't had the power to do the damage we're seeing now, and 2) the kind of change we would need to fix this sinking ship would be change your side would never, ever support. Your side is as much a part of the problem as Obama and democrats are. Like most partisans, your side and mine have trouble looking in the mirror.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #170
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Investigators Probe White House Role in Massive Energy Loan

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So you are perfectly fine with funneling millions into the pocket of a big Obama donor, as long as they can title it the right way eh? Even when their own people pinpointed the date that it would fail?

    This is the problem ladies and gentlemen. If this exact situation were a repub doing the same thing, Boo would have many problems with it, but since it isn't he prefers to ignore the whole thing.

    j-mac
    I didn't say that. You might read back in the thread when I addressed Obama's action and this specific company. What I said was simple: If we're going to spend money on energy, it should be green energy as oil is limited at best.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •