Page 57 of 63 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 629

Thread: Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

  1. #561
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    I'm with you so far, though in my opinion much of the difference in this case is attributable to the long history of slavery and then discrimination against blacks. Unfortunately that goes to cause and doesn't necessarily suggest a solution.
    The viewpoint of discrimination against blacks is falsified by the success of African and Caribbean immigrants and their children. Why are nearly 3/4 of black students at Harvard from this subcategory of blacks?

    I think the null hypothesis is that we are created equal. That blacks have been treated poorly for the majority of our history is an obvious distinction.
    There is a difference between how we conceptualize equality under the law (we are all equal under the law) and how reality deals the cards (we are not all created equal.)

    Hence the law's adoption of pattern discrimination as a means of proof. What can't necessarily be proven in an individual case can sometimes be proven statistically.
    This argument just resorts to the fallacy of the law is always correct. We used to sterilize people under the Progressive inspired Eugenics laws, did the fact that there was a legal basis for sterilizing people against their will make the administration of the sterilization correct and moral. Convicting someone of discrimination based on statistical inference is wrong. You wouldn't stand for it if this was the standard applied to you with respect to a criminal act - you've been seen in the downtown area every single time that there was a convenience store robbery and so based on your pattern of movement you are deemed guilty of robbery despite the fact that there is no circumstantial nor direct evidence of your participation in these robberies.

    The problem will eventually be solved by integration and intermingling of the races. We undoubtedly have a long way to go, but we've come a long way in 45 years. Promoting racism and segregation -- as truly repugnant as it is -- can only forestall the inevitable.
    This is such a leftist trope. The future "coffee-colored race."


  2. #562
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

    Eugenics and socialism were tied together and not just in Germany. It was actually very strong in the US and gave some people the supposed scientific excuse for racism. The eugenics movement espoused the idea that genetics created a racial predisposition to intelligence, abilities, proclivities, criminal behavior, etc. It was used to justify abortion, discrimination against Blacks, Jews, etc because they were inferior to the white race. The fact that white Europeans and white North America dominated science, wealth, etc. supposedly proved racial superiority.

    Part and parcel with eugenics was socialism, the belief that genetic superiors had the duty and the right to control their genetic inferiors...for their own good of course.

  3. #563
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

    So when is Riverdad going to admit that he blatantly lied about my post?

  4. #564
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

    This just in, in an election year, Republicans care about black unemployment. Once the election year passes, they'll go back to calling minorities societal leeches and welfare recipients on internet forums. Stay tuned for more on this developing story.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 09-14-11 at 02:46 AM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #565
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,315

    Re: Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    This just in, in an election year, Republicans care about black unemployment. Once the election year passes, they'll go back to calling minorities societal leeches and welfare recipients on internet forums. Stay tuned for more on this developing story.
    Well looky who showed up at the party. Is this your first post here? You representing the leeches of society? The Apostles said those don't work, will also not eat. Maybe you should concentrate on getting your people to have an attitude adjustment, instead of screwing over their own people. Blacks have harmed their own more in the last 30 years more than any white man. The pimps, hookers, drug dealers and lazy do-nothings that you seem to want to protect have no place in an economy that needs honest people with a real work ethic.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #566
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

    The viewpoint of discrimination against blacks is falsified by the success of African and Caribbean immigrants and their children. Why are nearly 3/4 of black students at Harvard from this subcategory of blacks?
    Oh look -- a strawman argument. As I mentioned, the success of the African American population, or lack thereof, has been affected by a long history of institutional discrimination including slave times and post-slave times -- not just present discrimination.

    There is a difference between how we conceptualize equality under the law (we are all equal under the law) and how reality deals the cards (we are not all created equal.)
    Another strawman. We were talking about the null proposition -- not reality.

    This argument just resorts to the fallacy of the law is always correct.
    It was just an illustration.

    We used to sterilize people under the Progressive inspired Eugenics laws
    Progressive inspired? Do tell. Of course the most infamous proponent of eugenics was the far-right lunatic, Adolph Hitler.

    Convicting someone of discrimination based on statistical inference is wrong.
    Perhaps that's why pattern discrimination is only employed in the civil context? Which is not to say that I think it shouldn't be used in the criminal context; it's just circumstantial evidence, like a lot of other circumstancial evidence.

    You wouldn't stand for it if this was the standard applied to you with respect to a criminal act - you've been seen in the downtown area every single time that there was a convenience store robbery and so based on your pattern of movement you are deemed guilty of robbery despite the fact that there is no circumstantial nor direct evidence of your participation in these robberies.
    That would certainly be admissible as circumstantial evidence that goes to opportunity.

    This is such a leftist trope. The future "coffee-colored race."
    [/QUOTE]

    I'll bet that turns your stomach.

  7. #567
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Eugenics and socialism were tied together and not just in Germany. It was actually very strong in the US and gave some people the supposed scientific excuse for racism. The eugenics movement espoused the idea that genetics created a racial predisposition to intelligence, abilities, proclivities, criminal behavior, etc. It was used to justify abortion, discrimination against Blacks, Jews, etc because they were inferior to the white race. The fact that white Europeans and white North America dominated science, wealth, etc. supposedly proved racial superiority.

    Part and parcel with eugenics was socialism, the belief that genetic superiors had the duty and the right to control their genetic inferiors...for their own good of course.
    Ridiculous statement. Eugenics had nothing to do with socialism. Hitler was not a socialist any more than the East Germans were democrats.

  8. #568
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Ridiculous statement. Eugenics had nothing to do with socialism. Hitler was not a socialist any more than the East Germans were democrats.
    Don't let the snappy uniforms fool you. Those Nazi bastards were 100% dirtbag hippies, ..strikingly similar to our modern dirtbag hippies. The NAZIs got much of their start in the US. The Swastika symbol predates Hitler and was in use by the American Socialist party well before 1933. It was one S laid atop another, standing for two socialists working together.

    Margaret Sanger was a leader in the American Eugenics movement. Hitler was also a believer in eugenics and sought to purify the "Aryan" race by eliminating all that he considered to be defective. Sanger created Planned Parenthood with a stated goal of eliminating undesirable minorities by abortion and sterilization.

  9. #569
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Don't let the snappy uniforms fool you. Those Nazi bastards were 100% dirtbag hippies, ..strikingly similar to our modern dirtbag hippies. The NAZIs got much of their start in the US. The Swastika symbol predates Hitler and was in use by the American Socialist party well before 1933. It was one S laid atop another, standing for two socialists working together.
    .
    The Nazis were right wing extremists.

  10. #570
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    The Nazis were right wing extremists.
    lol...You're out of your lane and you will get hammered here, dude.


    The political left has been very successful in associating the political right with NAZIism and fascism. If you tell a lie long enough, people will believe it. Take out the uniforms, the German language and the genocide (for now) and you get the American left. Control of industry, schools, indoctrination of the youth, class warfare, confiscation of the property of the targeted class, etc. And do it all for the people.

    Both Dem Socialism and Social Democracies have their origins firmly rooted in Nazi economic policy. If you pick at them a little, most of our modern liberals will admit their long term goal is to reform America into a "Social Democracy".

    Nazism came from the left, not the right.

    Nazis, socialists, communists, Marxists, etc. are all on the left. The reason liberals refuse to admit that is because it too uncomfortable to face the fact that liberalism (American style) is just another version of leftist thought. Liberals are the ones who want to micro-manage and control every aspect of daily life, not conservatives.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_socialists


    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_Democracy

Page 57 of 63 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •