Page 44 of 63 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 629

Thread: Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

  1. #431
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    You mean you don't believe in historical fact? That's a bit alarming.

    Slavery died a long time ago, but racism was legal in my lifetime and the effects of nearly 200 years of legalized discrimination do not disappear over night.
    Its called ....thicker skin, mate. Grow some.

  2. #432
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    So what's your point?

    You want Black people to live a life of bitterness and complaint because of what happened in the past? Most have moved well beyond that and realize that's what's done is done and, while not forgetting the past, it's to their advantage to look to the future.

    It's only White leftists who want to keep the racist rhetoric alive in order to retain bitter Black people in their camp. It seems many Blacks are becoming ever more aware of this tawdry game and moving away from it in ever greater numbers.
    My point is that black Americans are in pretty bad shape for a reason, and it has nothing to do with IQ or any of the other bull**** that's spewed here. My point is that racism still exists today, so it is incorrect to think that we should just ignore it.

  3. #433
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    My point is that black Americans are in pretty bad shape for a reason, and it has nothing to do with IQ or any of the other bull**** that's spewed here. My point is that racism still exists today, so it is incorrect to think that we should just ignore it.
    America is a land founded on the principle of opportunity.

    Wealth inequalities are not about the haves and the have-nots. Thats just the final manifestation. Its all about the did's, and the did nots. Some people studied, saved, worked two jobs, made themselves valuable. Others did not.

  4. #434
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,340
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    America is a land founded on the principle of opportunity.

    Wealth inequalities are not about the haves and the have-nots. Thats just the final manifestation. Its all about the did's, and the did nots. Some people studied, saved, worked two jobs, made themselves valuable. Others did not.
    But that goes both ways.

    SOME people took those hard working peoples 401k's you're talking about, gambled them on the stock market, burned the house down and walked away rich as hell while those hard working people lost their savings, their house and their job and are now being demonized as mooching, unemployed bums who should lose their unemployment benefits so that the guy who ****ed them over can get more tax breaks.

  5. #435
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    America is a land founded on the principle of opportunity.

    Wealth inequalities are not about the haves and the have-nots. Thats just the final manifestation. Its all about the did's, and the did nots. Some people studied, saved, worked two jobs, made themselves valuable. Others did not.
    You're full of it, considering african americans didnt have representation even halfway through the 20th century, and had educations witheld from them for centuries, had their family units destroyed when they came to America, were segregated into inferior schools until about 40 years ago, I dont think your did - did not's claim has any validity. Your argument is to preserve face.

  6. #436
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,340
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    You're full of it, considering african americans didnt have representation even halfway through the 20th century, and had educations witheld from them for centuries, had their family units destroyed when they came to America, were segregated into inferior schools until about 40 years ago, I dont think your did - did not's claim has any validity. Your argument is to preserve face.
    You're such a revisionist

  7. #437
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Its all about the did's, and the did nots. Some people studied, saved, worked two jobs, made themselves valuable.
    The "did" and "did not" thing is a surface analysis of the situation or any situation really. The problem is that when you say it's all about "doing" you ignore the answers to many important questions: What makes people do? Is it easier for some people to do than others? Do all people get the same tools to "do" from society (i.e. education, part of a dominant social group)? What are the societal expectations of those who "do" and "do not" and do they impact one's drive?

    In other words, yes, in one way, it is about "the dids and did nots". However, if you ignore that paths that bring people to "do" and "not do", you ignore 90% of the equation. The path is what you're ignoring. People don't just go from child to success or child to failure. There is a path between those two points.

  8. #438
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,513

    Re: Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

    Why do Conservatives suddenly care about the high unemployment rate among the black population. IDK... but I am sure it as absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the president is a democrat who also happens to be black. Definitely not.

  9. #439
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,513

    Re: Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Being a liberal, I think you ought be ashamed to admit you're confused. Supposedly you people have been looking out for blacks since at least the 1960's. So what the hell are you doing?
    Yeah, this thread is about race... so much for giving the conservatives the benefit of the ****ing doubt.

  10. #440
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,092

    Re: Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Why do Conservatives suddenly care about the high unemployment rate among the black population. IDK... but I am sure it as absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the president is a democrat who also happens to be black. Definitely not.
    As you obviously are aware THEY DO NOT CARE. Its only something for them to use as part of their right wing crusade to gain complete control of the government and roll back nearly every political advancement and reform since Teddy Roosevelt.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 44 of 63 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •