Page 41 of 63 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 629

Thread: Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

  1. #401
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Seriously? Is that what you meant when you said you had debunked this particular study?

    Obviously the study wouldn't have proven anything if they hadn't picked names that easily identified people as blacks; that was the whole point!
    You leave unaddressed why it is that you think that black accountants are discriminating against people with "black names."

  2. #402
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    I find this quite entertaining. I am currently a college student. Also To Be A Slave is not a children's book. Would a children's book include graphic descriptions of slaves getting lashed? No, it would not.

    Now please, tell me how the fugitive slave laws were not meant to harm black people?

    Also, please tell me how slavery did not exist for 200 years?

    EDIT: Explain to me adpst, why do you deny your own history?

    Its time for you to be truly honest.
    200 years....deny your own history.

    Move forward, dude. The average American who wants to achieve better things for his family, through his own hard work and accomplishments.
    Someone who wants nothing more than for government to get the **** out of his way and allow him to succeed or fail, on his own accord.

    Being an American is about life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Not, having government tell him what job to do, not having the government tell him where to live or that he has too many cars. Not the government that tells him that because he succeeds, that someone else has to suffer.

  3. #403
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,957
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    200 years....deny your own history.

    Move forward, dude. The average American who wants to achieve better things for his family, through his own hard work and accomplishments.
    Someone who wants nothing more than for government to get the **** out of his way and allow him to succeed or fail, on his own accord.

    Being an American is about life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Not, having government tell him what job to do, not having the government tell him where to live or that he has too many cars. Not the government that tells him that because he succeeds, that someone else has to suffer.
    It has nothing to do with me being stuck in the past. I am just challenging him because he is denying what is widely regarded in all circles, no matter the race/ethnicity, as a fact.
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  4. #404
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    It has nothing to do with me being stuck in the past.
    Of course it is with the idea of sucking off that welfare tit and that they will never get off of it.

    I am just challenging him because he is denying what is widely regarded in all circles, no matter the race/ethnicity, as a fact.
    Challenging him because of that? lol apdst seems to me is beyond that bull****

    apdst represents HOPE - not the hope of the entitlement class for a future brought about by big ass government, pie-in-the sky social welfare programs, but rather, the hope of black hard-working Americans making progress in their own lives, by virtue of their own hard work, and the hope that their progress remains unhindered by the hand of big government dipping into their pockets, redistributing their earnings to those who aren't motivated to work for their living.

    apdst represents CHANGE - not the horse**** change that comes when Liberalism is permitted to infuse itself into our way of life one lie at a time, but instead, the change that honest, patriotic Americans can effect in their own lives through their commitment to the ideals that made this nation strong; like self-reliance, and personal responsibility and accountability, and being able to make change in their own lives, to work hard and achieve whatever goals they set for themselves

  5. #405
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    You leave unaddressed why it is that you think that black accountants are discriminating against people with "black names."
    I don't know WTF you are talking about.

  6. #406
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,957
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Of course it is with the idea of sucking off that welfare tit and that they will never get off of it.



    Challenging him because of that? lol apdst seems to me is beyond that bull****

    apdst represents HOPE - not the hope of the entitlement class for a future brought about by big ass government, pie-in-the sky social welfare programs, but rather, the hope of black hard-working Americans making progress in their own lives, by virtue of their own hard work, and the hope that their progress remains unhindered by the hand of big government dipping into their pockets, redistributing their earnings to those who aren't motivated to work for their living.

    apdst represents CHANGE - not the horse**** change that comes when Liberalism is permitted to infuse itself into our way of life one lie at a time, but instead, the change that honest, patriotic Americans can effect in their own lives through their commitment to the ideals that made this nation strong; like self-reliance, and personal responsibility and accountability, and being able to make change in their own lives, to work hard and achieve whatever goals they set for themselves
    Actually adpst represents black people who deny their own history. That's quiet disturbing.

    Also, when you say "it is with the idea of sucking off that welfare tit and that they will never get off of it," are you implying or saying that all black people are on welfare?
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  7. #407
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    Actually adpst represents black people who deny their own history. That's quiet disturbing.
    If adpst represents black people who deny their own history, then maybe more should.

    adpst seems to be above and beyond whining about racism and allowing his racial history to slow him down.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  8. #408
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    Actually adpst represents black people who deny their own history. That's quiet disturbing.

    Also, when you say "it is with the idea of sucking off that welfare tit and that they will never get off of it," are you implying or saying that all black people are on welfare?
    Mr. Divisible - Its called 'The Land of Opportunity' for a good reason -its fair game for anyone. The more segments of society are enable to hide behind excuses and given monthly FAIL checks, the longer the financial opiates will enslave that group of people. -But if you need thier vote to stay in power, or grab power, well, then I guess its justified.

    And another thing....

    To those who have much through hard work and insight -much should be learned. The rich may owe the country something in philosophical terms, or even reasonable tax brackets, but they owe the poor absolutely nothing. Not a dime. Should they decide to give it -fine, and how very honorable of them to do so. But to say that because a man, or woman, through whatever good grace and the sweat of his brow -and the brow of his employees and accountants- has made a fortune of some size, now owes someone some pittance or hand-out, for no other reason than they are needy, and the Government wants to control wealth -is assinine.


    Peace out

  9. #409
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    Actually adpst represents black people who deny their own history. That's quiet disturbing.
    By evidence of his writing it appears that adpst is forming his own identity, so his "own history" likely doesn't perfectly overlap with the history of black in the US. I can understand why YOU find it disturbing because you seem to embrace that group identity. There are some blacks who don't want to be seen as anything but "American."

    There is an old parable about a bunch of crabs in a bucket and one starts to climb out in order to find freedom. Rather than cheering on this daring crab the other crabs pull him back into the bucket. Their own sense of identity cannot stand the thought of others rejecting how they see themselves.

    There are Jews in America who are descended from people who survived the Holocaust. Some of those Jews dwell on that part of their history and others don't think it's relevant to their lives or to their own identity and live their lives as though the Holocaust was NOT part of their history.

    There are Armenians in America who are descend from people who survived the Armenian Holocaust. . . . . .

    You get the idea.

  10. #410
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    If adpst represents black people who deny their own history, then maybe more should.

    adpst seems to be above and beyond whining about racism and allowing his racial history to slow him down.
    He seems to be ignorant of history, which is never a good thing.

Page 41 of 63 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •