Page 35 of 63 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 629

Thread: Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

  1. #341
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    The study found that job applicants with typically white first names have substantially more success than applicants with typically black first names.
    I've already debunked this study.

  2. #342
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,961
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Libbos call me stupid all the time. Hatuey once said that I'm an insult to black with an IQ above 75, plus he called me Uncle Tom and a racist and, that I'm a white dude pretending to be black. Very early in this thread, I was told that I'm not black; that assumption was made because I, "don't think like a black dude", I'm sure. I've been called a racist, repeatedly because I oppose Obama's policies. Alllllllllll done by Libbos.

    So, I'll take ric over the Libbos, any day.
    Actually, its said that you are not black and that you are a Tom because of the things that come out of your mouth such as:

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    So, fugitive slaves laws were passed to harm black people?

    I love when Libbos equate slavery to racism.
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Let me see if I can make myself clearer. I'll lay it out in syllogistic format:

    1. For almost 200 years, this country enslaved blacks or practiced legalized racism against blacks;
    2. Nearly 200 years of institutionalized racism robbed the black community of wealth, status, and opportunity;
    3. Wealth and status tend to pass from generation to generation;
    4. Wealth and status contribute to opportunity;
    5. A nearly two-century-long impingement of wealth, status, and opportunity cannot be erased with the stroke of a pen. It can't even be erased in a generation or two generations. The effects are long lasting;
    6. Even today, studies show that blacks who are *identically* qualified as whites are discriminated against in a myriad of ways, including bank loans and employment;
    7. Some blacks have been able to overcome these obstacles, however;
    8. The fact that some have overcome these obstacles does not excuse the existence of obstacles based on race rather than individual merit.

    Hope that's clear now.
    To this you responded to #1

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    No, it's not clear, because you start out your list with not only a historical error, but a flat out lie.

    Numbers 3, 4 & 5 have nothing, whatsoever, to do with race.


    Once again, I hope you read some of the books I mentioned http://www.debatepolitics.com/book-n...post1059779077

    EDIT: Bolded certain parts of the post
    Last edited by Mr. Invisible; 09-08-11 at 08:15 AM.
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  3. #343
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    fyi Re: Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    \

    Had you read the entire article and watched a couple of the videos Ric27 sent in, it mght have been a real eye opener for you. Thomas Sowell really takes apart a well intentioned Liberal (who I think might be a young Geraldine Ferraro) and completely demolishes all her leftist cliches about what Black people want. What they want appears to be quite different from what White Liberals think they want.

    I would listen to what ordinary Black people have to say before I would ever listen to those smug White Liberals who are so absolutely convinced they can speak for Black people. It's those Liberals who are not listening to ordinary Black people who are keeping these people down, and other Black Liberals who make their living by maintaining Blacks as victims.
    There is a black man who works in our organization, and he does odd labor jobs around the organization. I've become somewhat friends with him because we ran into each other at a university graduation in which his daughter and mine both were graduating. This man has put five children through college like Loyola, Univ of Mary Washington, etc.... These are not low class universities. He works two full jobs and helps out somewhere else as well. The cars he drives are pieces of **** by anyone's standard (like bearly running). His clothes are not that nice. He was in our office the other morning emptying a recycling bin. Someone was saying something about Welfare. You know what this black (dark black) man said as he left our office. "They need to get rid of it, and people need to get a work ethic."

    No doubt in my mind that this man (my guess in his fifties) knows at least as much about the "black experience" than anyone on this board, or maybe any other board.
    Last edited by American; 09-08-11 at 10:16 AM.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #344
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    They re-invented slavery. The Libbos refined the new plantation in which to enslave black upon. It's called, "welfare".
    Oh your comments are so full of bull**** it's not even funny. Equating welfare to slavery is like equating conservatism to pedophiles. Grow up and cut out the idiotic rhetoric.No black person is being forced into welfare. I'll admit welfare needs reform but it is far from being slavery and a black person such as yourself should ashamed to even make thst comparison given what true slaves went through.

  5. #345
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    There is a black man who works in our organization, and he does odd labor jobs around the organization. I've become somewhat friends with him because we ran into each other at a university graduation in which his daughter and mine both were graduating. This man has put five children through college like Loyola, Univ of Mary Washington, etc.... These are not low class universities. He works two full jobs and helps out somewhere else as well. The cars he drives are pieces of **** by anyone's standard (like bearly running). His clothes are not that nice. He was in our office the other morning emptying a recycling bin. Someone was saying something about Welfare. You know what this black (dark black) man said as he left our office. "They need to get rid of it, and people need to get a work ethic."

    No doubt in my mind that this man (my guess in his fifties) knows at least as much about the "black experience" than anyone on this board, or maybe any other board.
    Doesn't address the issue here, which is discrimination against people who are qualified and willing to work.

    But if you want personal experiences, here's one of mine:

    When I was moving to New Orleans in the early 90s my wife and I flew down to look for apartments. We were walking down a residential street and saw a little house that was being renovated. We asked the man working there if the house was for rent and confirmed that it was. He said that he'd had a number of people inquiring about -- even, in his words, "some niggers," but of course he told THEM it wasn't for rent. He said it with a wink and a big smile, like, even though he didn't know us, we were all in the same white racist club.

  6. #346
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    They re-invented slavery. The Libbos refined the new plantation in which to enslave black upon. It's called, "welfare".
    Oh your comments are so full of bull**** it's not even funny. Equating welfare to slavery is like equating conservatism to pedophiles. Grow up and cut out the idiotic rhetoric.No black person is being forced into welfare. I'll admit welfare needs reform but it is far from being slavery and a black person such as yourself should ashamed to even make thst comparison given what true slaves went through.

  7. #347
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Doesn't address the issue here, which is discrimination against people who are qualified and willing to work.

    But if you want personal experiences, here's one of mine:

    When I was moving to New Orleans in the early 90s my wife and I flew down to look for apartments. We were walking down a residential street and saw a little house that was being renovated. We asked the man working there if the house was for rent and confirmed that it was. He said that he'd had a number of people inquiring about -- even, in his words, "some niggers," but of course he told THEM it wasn't for rent. He said it with a wink and a big smile, like, even though he didn't know us, we were all in the same white racist club.
    Well that give every black person the right to screaming discrimination everytime they don't get a job, so they can give up and go on welfare. You prove that it's rampant in America. No matter where you go, there's a whitey saying "nigger" and winking his eye.

    Okay we can close the thread now.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #348
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Well that give every black person the right to screaming discrimination everytime they don't get a job, so they can give up and go on welfare. You prove that it's rampant in America. No matter where you go, there's a whitey saying "nigger" and winking his eye.

    Okay we can close the thread now.
    No, it's just another indication that racism is alive and well even if you want to pretend that it isn't.

  9. #349
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    Can you try to focus your pea-brain and stay on topic. Don't presume to lecture when you write crap like the quote below and commit the very error that you're now pontificating about. Do you have any clue how much this makes you look like a moron? You don't acknowledge when people take you down to the mat and instead you simply pretend it never happened and you shift gears and blowhard in a slightly different direction.
    Are you under the impression that these lame personal attacks help your argument?


    Well, your buddy ric says that blacks are less successful than other races because you have a lower IQ, i.e., you're dumb.


    Secondly, I made no mention at all about causality. The effect exists and the consensus is overwhelming on this fact. Concede or refute.

    Liar. You have cited a study to attempt to show that even equally credentialed blacks are paid less, not because of racism, but because they have a lower IQ.


    It's pretty clear from looking at how people in the US choose to live that this is their preference. The odds are quite high that you live in a Census tract in which your racial group is the majority.
    You completely dodged the yes/no question, for obvious reasons. You think that a perfect world is a segregated world.

    The fact that many studies don't show any hereditarian influence is an artifact of these studies not even acknowledging the effect and therefore not testing for it. The null hypothesis in social science is liberal creationism.
    Another lie.

    And once again you do not deny that you are a racist.

  10. #350
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    No, it's just another indication that racism is alive and well even if you want to pretend that it isn't.
    I never said it didn't exist, I said I'm tired of hearing discrimination and racism used as an excuse to sit on your lazy fatass all your life. That's what we're talking about here. Someone else already showed that just as many whites are out of work. But whites don't sit around like pussies all day crying about what some other race is doing to them. Boohoo cry me a ****ing river.

    You don't get an interview, go somewhere else and fill out another application. Stop bellyaching and claiming everyone is discriminating against you. It's just insane paranoia.
    Last edited by American; 09-08-11 at 11:08 AM.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 35 of 63 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •