Page 32 of 63 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 629

Thread: Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

  1. #311
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You just proved my point.
    You don't seem to have a point, except to defend racism.

  2. #312
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,215

    Re: Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Let me see if I can make myself clearer. I'll lay it out in syllogistic format:

    1. For almost 200 years, this country enslaved blacks or practiced legalized racism against blacks;
    2. Nearly 200 years of institutionalized racism robbed the black community of wealth, status, and opportunity;
    3. Wealth and status tend to pass from generation to generation;
    4. Wealth and status contribute to opportunity;
    5. A nearly two-century-long impingement of wealth, status, and opportunity cannot be erased with the stroke of a pen. It can't even be erased in a generation or two generations. The effects are long lasting;
    6. Even today, studies show that blacks who are *identically* qualified as whites are discriminated against in a myriad of ways, including bank loans and employment;
    7. Some blacks have been able to overcome these obstacles, however;
    8. The fact that some have overcome these obstacles does not excuse the existence of obstacles based on race rather than individual merit.

    Hope that's clear now.
    No, it's not clear, because you start out your list with not only a historical error, but a flat out lie.

    Numbers 3, 4 & 5 have nothing, whatsoever, to do with race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #313
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,215

    Re: Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    Do I understand that you pretend to be a lawyer as part of your persona on this forum?
    I've dealt with four different lawyers on four different cases in the past 11 years. The thing I noticed the most, is that law school and the bar exam can't be very hard, because these clowns were even close to being brilliant minds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #314
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    The fact that no researcher in the social sciences any longer disputes the mountains of evidence on IQ should tell you that the science is, now how does that phrase go, of yes, "the science is settled" and "there is scientific consensus on the IQ disparity." None of this though tells us anything about any individual person. That's why we can't say that you're a rapist despite the fact that the overwhelming majority of rapists are men.
    Not only does it tell us nothing about the individual person, it also tells us nothing about a genetic disparity versus social/developmental disparity. Do you agree that there is nothing close to a consensus on IQ being genetically determined?

    I've argued that freedom of association is the way to go, not that segregation is the way to go. Segregation usually results from people exercising their freedom of choice on the issue of association, so it's a byproduct, not a goal.
    But you do think that an ideal would would be a segregated world, correct? Yes or no?

    I've plenty of studies which clearly validate the hereditarian hypothesis and which invalidate the liberal creationist model of the world. Genes matter. They matter in a number of ways.
    Yes, you have lots of those studies. What you fail to mention are the multitudes of studies that find no significant hereditary effect. You cherry pick the science to find the conclusion you're after, just as racists have always done.

    I notice that you still haven't denied that you're a racist.

  5. #315
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    No, it's not clear, because you start out your list with not only a historical error, but a flat out lie.
    You REALLY need to study some history. We had slavery in this country from its inception in 1776 until the 13th Amendment was ratified in 1865. That's 89 years for the arithmatically challenged.

    We had Jim Crow laws, i.e., institutional racism from 1876 until 1965, which is another 89 years, for the arithmatically challenged.

    89 + 89 = 178 years, for the arithmatically challenged. Or close to 200 years of institutional racism.

    Apology accepted.

  6. #316
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Let me see if I can make myself clearer. I'll lay it out in syllogistic format:

    1. For almost 200 years, this country enslaved blacks or practiced legalized racism against blacks;
    2. Nearly 200 years of institutionalized racism robbed the black community of wealth, status, and opportunity;
    3. Wealth and status tend to pass from generation to generation;
    4. Wealth and status contribute to opportunity;
    5. A nearly two-century-long impingement of wealth, status, and opportunity cannot be erased with the stroke of a pen. It can't even be erased in a generation or two generations. The effects are long lasting;
    6. Even today, studies show that blacks who are *identically* qualified as whites are discriminated against in a myriad of ways, including bank loans and employment;
    7. Some blacks have been able to overcome these obstacles, however;
    8. The fact that some have overcome these obstacles does not excuse the existence of obstacles based on race rather than individual merit.

    Hope that's clear now.
    Hundreds of thousands of blacks AND whites overcome not being born into a wealthy family.

    Is that all you have... the "Family Wealth" argument coupled with the famous yet not provable "racial obstacles" argument?

    Hate to break it to you. There are well over a million whites not born into families that have accumulated any wealth. There are millions of whites that have not been able to get a bank loan. There are millions of whites who have been unable to get a job.

    Stating there are obstacles is easy. Anyone can STATE such a thing. Proving that these obstacles exist, rather than taking data and saying "See!! Racism!!!" is a different story. One cannot make a LEAP of assumption to blame racism on the problem just because of statistical data... Ive seen it time and time again, and it takes a leap of faith to claim racism is the prevailing factor.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  7. #317
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Hundreds of thousands of blacks AND whites overcome not being born into a wealthy family.

    Is that all you have... the "Family Wealth" argument coupled with the famous yet not provable "racial obstacles" argument?

    Hate to break it to you. There are well over a million whites not born into families that have accumulated any wealth. There are millions of whites that have not been able to get a bank loan. There are millions of whites who have been unable to get a job.

    Stating there are obstacles is easy. Anyone can STATE such a thing. Proving that these obstacles exist, rather than taking data and saying "See!! Racism!!!" is a different story. One cannot make a LEAP of assumption to blame racism on the problem just because of statistical data... Ive seen it time and time again, and it takes a leap of faith to claim racism is the prevailing factor.
    You can't seem to grasp the concept that overcoming an obstacle does not negate the existence of the obstacle. I don't see how I can make it any clearer.

  8. #318
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,215

    Re: Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    You don't seem to have a point, except to defend racism.
    Right! That's what I'm doing.

    Libbos are so confused.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #319
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,215

    Re: Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    You REALLY need to study some history. We had slavery in this country from its inception in 1776 until the 13th Amendment was ratified in 1865. That's 89 years for the arithmatically challenged.

    We had Jim Crow laws, i.e., institutional racism from 1876 until 1965, which is another 89 years, for the arithmatically challenged.

    89 + 89 = 178 years, for the arithmatically challenged. Or close to 200 years of institutional racism.

    Apology accepted.
    And, you need to check your math, because that's not 200 years. I rest my case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #320
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    You can't seem to grasp the concept that overcoming an obstacle does not negate the existence of the obstacle. I don't see how I can make it any clearer.
    You can't seem to grasp the concept that, "No Proof of Obstacle = No Obstacle"
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

Page 32 of 63 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •