Page 9 of 54 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 531

Thread: US agents raid Gibson Guitar over ebony

  1. #81
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Is your guitar DOJ approved?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Because we know that people who break the law are always deterred by fines

    Maybe cops should raid drug dens unarmed. After all, the penalties for shooting a cop are far more severe than just giving up and going to jail

    And there's nothing "unconstitutional" about raiding a place of business with a warrant. You're heading into wingnut world with the "EPA is unconstitutional" rant
    Sangha come on be real this is Gibson a manufacture has been around longer than we have been on this earth. You think for one second that if Gibson saw the EPA and DOJ arrive on their plant, that order would be given to defend at all cost..do or die.

  2. #82
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Is your guitar DOJ approved?

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    Sangha come on be real this is Gibson a manufacture has been around longer than we have been on this earth. You think for one second that if Gibson saw the EPA and DOJ arrive on their plant, that order would be given to defend at all cost..do or die.
    SWAT teams are used on corporate raids so often, I think it may be SOP.

    But based on your previous posts, I think it's you who needs to get real.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #83
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Is your guitar DOJ approved?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    SWAT teams are used on corporate raids so often, I think it may be SOP.

    But based on your previous posts, I think it's you who needs to get real.
    SWAT teams are used on corporate raids so often, I think it may be SOP.
    So this is to be accepted..never. This is why I dislike both parties and why I don't trust government, history is filled with governments who eventually resort to these tactics, and it never ends nicely.

    But based on your previous posts, I think it's you who needs to get real.
    what do mean?

  4. #84
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Is your guitar DOJ approved?

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    So this is to be accepted..never. This is why I dislike both parties and why I don't trust government, history is filled with governments who eventually resort to these tactics, and it never ends nicely.
    No, it doesn't mean it should be accepted. it means the hypocrisy of only complaining about it when there's a dem in the white house should end. SWAT teams are used more 50,000 times a year and you never noticed, as far as I can tell. But one corp that you like is blaming Obama, and now you're gobbling it up.

    what do mean?[/QUOTE]

    The nonsense about the EPA not having any authority
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #85
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Is your guitar DOJ approved?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    No, it doesn't mean it should be accepted. it means the hypocrisy of only complaining about it when there's a dem in the white house should end. SWAT teams are used more 50,000 times a year and you never noticed, as far as I can tell. But one corp that you like is blaming Obama, and now you're gobbling it up.

    what do mean?
    The nonsense about the EPA not having any authority[/QUOTE]


    No, it doesn't mean it should be accepted. it means the hypocrisy of only complaining about it when there's a dem in the white house should end. SWAT teams are used more 50,000 times a year and you never noticed, as far as I can tell. But one corp that you like is blaming Obama, and now you're gobbling it up.
    Well I don't control the media either left or right leaning, I pick up on story ans we run with it. This has nothing to do with Obama for the most part but probably more to do with congress. That said, if it was any president left or right this still would chap my ass.

    The nonsense about the EPA not having any authority
    The EPA was formed by Nixon(R) through executive order in 1972, for any federal entity to have power to make law must be ratified by congress and the EPA was not.

  6. #86
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,652
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: US agents raid Gibson Guitar over ebony

    Sounds like someone in D.C. is pissed that NAFTA didn't completely obliterate American manufacturing jobs, and is determined to wipe out the rest of them.

    20,000,000 illegal aliens in the US, and this is what they spend taxpayer dollars for.

    This is idiocy. Jackasses.
    Last edited by DiAnna; 09-03-11 at 11:27 PM.

  7. #87
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Is your guitar DOJ approved?

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post

    Well I don't control the media either left or right leaning, I pick up on story ans we run with it. This has nothing to do with Obama for the most part but probably more to do with congress. That said, if it was any president left or right this still would chap my ass.

    The EPA was formed by Nixon(R) through executive order in 1972, for any federal entity to have power to make law must be ratified by congress and the EPA was not.
    The stories about the abuses of SWAT raids have been in the news for years.

    And the EPA doesnt make laws. No agencies make laws. That is just more wingnuttery
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #88
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Is your guitar DOJ approved?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    The stories about the abuses of SWAT raids have been in the news for years.

    And the EPA doesnt make laws. No agencies make laws. That is just more wingnuttery
    You're right - agencies don't make laws. They decide their own scope of function, pass regulations which they enforce within their own governed federal court system which is headed by their own appointed magistrates and judiciary officials.

    Yes - they don't make laws.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dixieland South
    Last Seen
    10-11-11 @ 09:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    364

    Re: Is your guitar DOJ approved?

    Obamas Big Brother - Police State Law. Comeing soon to a neighborhood near you.

  10. #90
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Is your guitar DOJ approved?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    You're right - agencies don't make laws. They decide their own scope of function, pass regulations which they enforce within their own governed federal court system which is headed by their own appointed magistrates and judiciary officials.

    Yes - they don't make laws.
    All of which is done with approval from Congress. Thank you :bows:
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 9 of 54 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •