Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 531

Thread: US agents raid Gibson Guitar over ebony

  1. #501
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: US agents raid Gibson Guitar over ebony

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Sometimes criminal investigations take years. Again, nothing out of the norm.
    yeah, yeah, yeah....Right....

    Gibson CEO Henry Juszkiewicz complains that being in legal limbo with the federal government has had a profound effect on his business.
    “While we are waiting to even get charges”, he told Fox News, “they have taken very aggressive action that has hurt our company significantly. And we have no recourse at this point.”
    Some former federal prosecutors contacted by Fox News say it’s not unusual for a case – particularly an environmental one – to take a while before a charging decision is made.
    But Michael Mukasey – Attorney-General in the last Bush administration says this case should have been decided on long ago.
    He told Fox News, “Certainly three years since the 2009 raid and even, going on a year since the 2011 raid is more than enough time. This is not brain surgery.”



    Read more: Gibson Guitar case drags on with no sign of criminal charges | Fox News
    They are blocking action in court by Gibson, and dragging their feet on their own case, or charges....This is BULL!

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #502
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: US agents raid Gibson Guitar over ebony

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    And your argument would seem disingenously dishonest because the original question did not only ask about the "same types of wood". It also asked about the sources

    But you knew that already, didn't you?
    Sanha, I discussed "sources" as being an issue from the beginning. That part of the problem was poaching wood off protected land. <sigh>

    Get caught-up for chrissakes, instead of all this willy-nilly posting.

  3. #503
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: US agents raid Gibson Guitar over ebony

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    yeah, yeah, yeah....Right....
    Translation: j-mac has no facts to report



    They are blocking action in court by Gibson, and dragging their feet on their own case, or charges....This is BULL!
    Translation: j-mac likes to repeat his blathering and hopes no one notices his lack of evidence
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #504
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: US agents raid Gibson Guitar over ebony

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    The EIA is a private organization. Like the Sierra Club. Additionally, it is my understanding from earlier posts that there was not a "ban" on the export of these woods at the time, but that Madagascar imposed the ban after it got caught in cahoots with a crime syndicate over there allowing the harvesting of timber from protected land. That's what Wikipedia says, and its what I was told by my exporter in Madagascar. In fact, there are still recriminations going on in Madagascar over who got caught doing what.

    The issue is due process. Can you show us where four years is "due process" ? Just saying so is not convincing.
    The judge did not issue a search and seizure warrant based on the EIA's findings, just so you know. It issued it based on evidence collected by the Fish and Wildlife Agency.

    Can you show that a 3 year criminal investigation is some kind of record?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  5. #505
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: US agents raid Gibson Guitar over ebony

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I'll add "not understanding what a negative is" to the List of Dishonest Arguments that have been used in this thread

    Hint: What is "disturbing to you" does not mean it is not "due process"
    Know what ? You have not brought one valid insight to this thread. Not engaged in a single useful discourse. All I see is trolling, but not a problem. Say "Hello" to my Ignore" list !!

    Good riddance !

  6. #506
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: US agents raid Gibson Guitar over ebony

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Again. That is to prove a negative. Four years without being charged, or a hearing so that there can be a finding, is absurd to me as an American. I know of no precedent for such. It is my belief that this type of crap only exists in the world of eco law.
    Until more information is available, it sounds and smells like a bullying tactic and Gibson was the example to show everyone else what happens.

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Armendariz
    "It was kind of like how the Romans used to, you know, conquer villages in the Mediterranean. They'd go in to a little Turkish town somewhere, they'd find the first five guys they saw, and they'd crucify them.
    "And then, you know, that town was really easy to manage for the next few years. "...you make examples out of people who are, in this case, not complying with the law ... and you hit them as hard as you can."

    So true... so true.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  7. #507
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: US agents raid Gibson Guitar over ebony

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Sanha, I discussed "sources" as being an issue from the beginning. That part of the problem was poaching wood off protected land. <sigh>

    Get caught-up for chrissakes, instead of all this willy-nilly posting.
    You did not discuss "sources" in the post I responded to, even though the post you responded to asked about sources.

    And now you're trying to use what you said in earlier posts to dishonestly infer that you had responded to the question about sources
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #508
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: US agents raid Gibson Guitar over ebony

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Know what ? You have not brought one valid insight to this thread. Not engaged in a single useful discourse. All I see is trolling, but not a problem. Say "Hello" to my Ignore" list !!

    Good riddance !
    You're the one who claimed there was a denial of due process and then refused to back it up with evidence because, according to your inane reasoning, you can't prove a negative

    People have proven a denial of due process. In spite of your absurd claim, it's possible to prove a denial of due process, so stop hiding behind the "you can't prove a negative" bull****
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #509
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: US agents raid Gibson Guitar over ebony

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Until more information is available, it sounds and smells like a bullying tactic and Gibson was the example to show everyone else what happens.




    So true... so true.
    Yes, it's so true that you can't post one bit of evidence that Gibson was singled out
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #510
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: US agents raid Gibson Guitar over ebony

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Translation: j-mac has no facts to report





    Translation: j-mac likes to repeat his blathering and hopes no one notices his lack of evidence

    I'll take the word of a former Atty Gen, over yours any day....

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •