Page 42 of 54 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 531

Thread: US agents raid Gibson Guitar over ebony

  1. #411
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: US agents raid Gibson Guitar over ebony

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    [emphasis added by bubba as the forum member apparently cannot recall what he has posted]

    then what we find is that there is no proof that gibson was singled out

    yet you post


    do you even understand what it is you are posting?
    Then please, provide me a link that shows another guitar company since 2008 was raided. I'll wait.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  2. #412
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,145

    Re: US agents raid Gibson Guitar over ebony

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Then please, provide me a link that shows another guitar company since 2008 was raided. I'll wait.
    and that proves what, exactly
    other wood fabricators had to have violated the lacy act for gibson to have done so?
    notice how that makes no sense?
    well, that absence of logic is also true of your "argument"
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  3. #413
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: US agents raid Gibson Guitar over ebony

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    and that proves what, exactly
    other wood fabricators had to have violated the lacy act for gibson to have done so?
    notice how that makes no sense?
    well, that absence of logic is also true of your "argument"
    Obviously it would prove that Gibson was not singled out, as you claim. I don't see a link though.... did you forget to paste it in your post?
    See, without evidence, my point will be correct... and as you've no doubt already Googled it... you'll see that Gibson has been the only guitar company in the past 4 years, singled out twice for raids.


    I rest my case.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  4. #414
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: US agents raid Gibson Guitar over ebony

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    [emphasis added by bubba as the forum member apparently cannot recall what he has posted]

    then what we find is that there is no proof that gibson was singled out

    yet you post

    do you even understand what it is you are posting?
    As already pointed out to you. Only Gibson has been targeted. You are otherwise asking posters to prove a negative, that being that those not targeted were not targeted by some deliberate action. That the government has yet to charge Gibson is strongly indicative of an over-reaching Justice Department.

  5. #415
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: US agents raid Gibson Guitar over ebony

    For those that do not know the history of the Lacey Act


    US LACEY ACT

    "The Lacey Act was introduced in 1900 to prohibit the transportation of illegally captured wildlife across state lines. It has been amended several times, most recently in June 2008 when US Congress extended the Act to plants, including timber, paper and other forest products.

    This made the USA the first country to prohibit the trade in timber which is illegal according to the laws of the country from which it is sourced."

    US LACEY ACT

    If I am not mistaken, Obama was not president in June of 2008.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  6. #416
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: US agents raid Gibson Guitar over ebony

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    For those that do not know the history of the Lacey Act


    US LACEY ACT

    "The Lacey Act was introduced in 1900 to prohibit the transportation of illegally captured wildlife across state lines. It has been amended several times, most recently in June 2008 when US Congress extended the Act to plants, including timber, paper and other forest products.

    This made the USA the first country to prohibit the trade in timber which is illegal according to the laws of the country from which it is sourced."

    US LACEY ACT

    If I am not mistaken, Obama was not president in June of 2008.
    The Presidency and who held office is irrelevant to the context and subject matter, as you well know.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  7. #417
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,145

    Re: US agents raid Gibson Guitar over ebony

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    As already pointed out to you. Only Gibson has been targeted. You are otherwise asking posters to prove a negative, that being that those not targeted were not targeted by some deliberate action. That the government has yet to charge Gibson is strongly indicative of an over-reaching Justice Department.

    and there is nothing to suggest that gibson is the only one thus targeted because it is now found to be the only manufacturer violating the lacey act
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  8. #418
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: US agents raid Gibson Guitar over ebony

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    and there is nothing to suggest that gibson is the only one thus targeted because it is now found to be the only manufacturer violating the lacey act
    Then post the other guitar company's who were raided. It's real simple...
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  9. #419
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,145

    Re: US agents raid Gibson Guitar over ebony

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Then post the other guitar company's who were raided. It's real simple...
    why would federal agents raid other manufacturers if they had no basis to believe they were violating the lacey act
    one again, your post is devoid of any logic
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  10. #420
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: US agents raid Gibson Guitar over ebony

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    why would federal agents raid other manufacturers if they had no basis to believe they were violating the lacey act
    one again, your post is devoid of any logic
    No more responses to your attempts to change the subject until you post a link...
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


Page 42 of 54 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •