Page 29 of 54 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 531

Thread: US agents raid Gibson Guitar over ebony

  1. #281
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    62,369

    Re: Is your guitar DOJ approved?

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    Umm, no.

    Here's the process :
    - Police gather evidence enough to show probable cause of a crime taking place, this gets them a warrant.
    - Police use that warrant to get all the evidence of a crime as possible,
    - Police press charges based on that evidence against those that are shown to have a level of guilt... this is typically done while the person awaiting charges is in holding, or as soon as possible afterwards... NOT SEVERAL YEARS LATER AFTER a SECOND warrant, second raid and a second round of arrests.

    The fact that they KNEW WHAT THE CHARGES WERE GOING TO BE, yet were never filed, in spite of a VERY LONG TIME following the search of the premises and the confiscation of property which was said to be in violation... Seriously, woods are NOT THAT complex of a material to draw conclusions from.

    If these conclusions cannot be drawn, then either the law is asinine, rendering illegal what cannot be proven. Or possibly, he's not in violation of any of these laws and is just being persecuted for the crime of providing jobs and a quality product to americans built by americans.
    You are wrong. The police often get more than one warrant before charging anyone of a crime. Your dishonest portrayal of the process is not evidence of wrongdoing on the part of the Feds. It is evidence that the rightwingers have no principles, though
    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I don't have any issue with any investigation.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #282
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    62,369

    Re: Is your guitar DOJ approved?

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    Well if Gibson was raided in 2009 and have yet to be charged and again in 2011 and have yet to be charged, this would appear to me to be a violation of the fourth and sixth amendment.
    IIRC, this is about the 5th time you've claimed that something done regarding this case was unconstitutional. Don't you have any other argument besides the inane "unconstitutional" rant?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I don't have any issue with any investigation.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #283
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 02:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Is your guitar DOJ approved?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Except when its' a democrat being investigated. Notice that the wingnuts aren't complaining about any investigations concerning democrats, even if there have been no indictments issued

    Rightwingers have no principles. Just slogans that they repeat when convenient, and discard when inconvenient. All they care about is "winning". They're addicted to winning

    Isn't this thread about Gibson Guitar?

  4. #284
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 02:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Is your guitar DOJ approved?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    IIRC, this is about the 5th time you've claimed that something done regarding this case was unconstitutional. Don't you have any other argument besides the inane "unconstitutional" rant?
    Isn't our most basic laws and rights based off the constitution? When some one is charged with a crime and they think they have been wrongly accused, isn't the constitution the document we all refer to. If you think I am wrong then state your case why you think so.

  5. #285
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    62,369

    Re: Is your guitar DOJ approved?

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    Isn't our most basic laws and rights based off the constitution? When some one is charged with a crime and they think they have been wrongly accused, isn't the constitution the document we all refer to. If you think I am wrong then state your case why you think so.
    Your argument is becoming incoherent. One minute, you're complaining that Gibson hasn't been charged with a crime, and the next you're claiming that they have been charged with a crime.

    And there's nothing unconstitutional about being wrongly accused of a crime. You're spouting nonsense again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I don't have any issue with any investigation.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #286
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    38,007

    Re: Is your guitar DOJ approved?

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    Isn't our most basic laws and rights based off the constitution? When some one is charged with a crime and they think they have been wrongly accused, isn't the constitution the document we all refer to. If you think I am wrong then state your case why you think so.
    i must have missed them

    what are the bases gibson is asserting as being unConstitutional in the way the federal authorities have acted in this matter?
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    I may be wrong, I mean I may stand before you in six months and say, ĎHey I was wrong.' I donít know that Iíll ever admit that, but Iíll find some kind of an excuse. ~ tRump
    seldom right but never in doubt

  7. #287
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 02:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Is your guitar DOJ approved?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Your argument is becoming incoherent. One minute, you're complaining that Gibson hasn't been charged with a crime, and the next you're claiming that they have been charged with a crime.

    And there's nothing unconstitutional about being wrongly accused of a crime. You're spouting nonsense again.
    Sangha stop with the word games, you know what I am saying and further more I didn't mention Gibson on that post. You complained about my rant and I am explaining to why rant..and you know that to.

  8. #288
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    62,369

    Re: Is your guitar DOJ approved?

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    i must have missed them

    what are the bases gibson is asserting as being unConstitutional in the way the federal authorities have acted in this matter?
    Two words

    Wishful thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I don't have any issue with any investigation.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #289
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    62,369

    Re: Is your guitar DOJ approved?

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    Sangha stop with the word games, you know what I am saying and further more I didn't mention Gibson on that post. You complained about my rant and I am explaining to why rant..and you know that to.
    No word games from me. I know what you're saying and I know that you're wrong. That's why you can't clearly explain anything that is unconstitutional.

    You said it was unconstitutional to have one raid, and then another without any charges being filed. You're wrong. There's nothing in the constitution that says the govt cant do that. That's why you STILL haven't explained how its unconstitutional, and why you will never explain it.

    Again, the police can issue multiple warrants and conduct multiple raids before issuing an indictment. The govt can also wrongly accuse someone of a crime. It happens all the time. They just can't knowingly accuse someone if they know that they are innocent.
    Last edited by sangha; 09-18-11 at 05:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I don't have any issue with any investigation.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #290
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 02:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Is your guitar DOJ approved?

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    i must have missed them

    what are the bases gibson is asserting as being unConstitutional in the way the federal authorities have acted in this matter?
    No one is asserting anything yet, this is my observation so far and the 4th and 6th amendment is pretty clear, not saying this will be the strategy for Gibson but it could play a part.

Page 29 of 54 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •