Page 25 of 54 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 531

Thread: US agents raid Gibson Guitar over ebony

  1. #241
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: US agents raid Gibson Guitar over ebony

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    So when will the DoJ officially charge Gibson with a crime then? And until that time... it's just more bull****.

    "The Wheels of Justice turn slowly but exceedingly fine."
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #242
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: US agents raid Gibson Guitar over ebony

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post

    "The Wheels of Justice turn slowly but exceedingly fine."
    Is this the same justice system that incarcerates 46% black males who make up 7% of the population? How fine is it?
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  3. #243
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: US agents raid Gibson Guitar over ebony

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Is this the same justice system that incarcerates 46% black males who make up 7% of the population? How fine is it?

    All the more reason to proceed slowly, to avoid mistakes.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  4. #244
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: US agents raid Gibson Guitar over ebony

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    All the more reason to proceed slowly, to avoid mistakes.
    Unless the black person is Obama. Then the righties have him convicted already so there's no need for an indictment
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #245
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,066

    Re: Is your guitar DOJ approved?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    Well the problem is this (Feds go after Gibson Guitars — RT)
    Thus, the US went and raided Gibson due to them breaking Indian laws, not American ones. Thus this brings up the questions Will the US start enforcing the laws of other nations in America?
    and 2) Just how much power does the Federal government have?
    I think the logic is that if the wood was purchased illegally then transported across international waterways, then Gibson is breaking international law.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #246
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Is your guitar DOJ approved?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I think the logic is that if the wood was purchased illegally then transported across international waterways, then Gibson is breaking international law.
    That seems to be the charge, however, it hasn't played out in court and already we have some on this board calling the CEO a criminal, and finding the company guilty before anything is proven. Yet on the same hand those same individuals want the presumption of pure innocence granted the administration in carrying out this jack booted assault on an American Iconic company. Seems rather one sided don't you think?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #247
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Is your guitar DOJ approved?

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    That seems to be the charge, however, it hasn't played out in court and already we have some on this board calling the CEO a criminal, and finding the company guilty before anything is proven. Yet on the same hand those same individuals want the presumption of pure innocence granted the administration in carrying out this jack booted assault on an American Iconic company. Seems rather one sided don't you think?

    j-mac
    And you have hypocritically called the CEO innocent before anything is proven. And you continue to make the presumption of innocence argument even though it's obvious that you don't believe in such a presumption because you don't extend it to the president who you have declared guilty without any evidence.

    Seems rather two-faced.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #248
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Is your guitar DOJ approved?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    And you have hypocritically called the CEO innocent before anything is proven. And you continue to make the presumption of innocence argument even though it's obvious that you don't believe in such a presumption because you don't extend it to the president who you have declared guilty without any evidence.

    Seems rather two-faced.
    You don't get it. Those charged of crimes in this country ARE presumed innocent. I don't have to say that the administration is guilty of anything to just read and see that the track that it is taking appears to be corrupt. I am not a lawyer, nor am I in any position to do anything other than offer my opinion. That you don't agree with it, or that you want to just deflect anything that shines poorly on Obama is just pure childish pap, and shows a serious lack of understanding, and level of political hack behavior that should make readers of your defense roll their eyes in auto reflex mode.

    Now you can, dismiss my opinion, just as I can dismiss yours, so what. In the end, when some of these same arguments come up in the future, and they will under a republican presidency, I will at that time start posting your own words back to you, then we can see the true hypocrisy. Until then, you to me, are little more than a apologist, and mean little other than the pest level of debate.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #249
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Is your guitar DOJ approved?

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    You don't get it. Those charged of crimes in this country ARE presumed innocent. I don't have to say that the administration is guilty of anything to just read and see that the track that it is taking appears to be corrupt. I am not a lawyer, nor am I in any position to do anything other than offer my opinion. That you don't agree with it, or that you want to just deflect anything that shines poorly on Obama is just pure childish pap, and shows a serious lack of understanding, and level of political hack behavior that should make readers of your defense roll their eyes in auto reflex mode.

    Now you can, dismiss my opinion, just as I can dismiss yours, so what. In the end, when some of these same arguments come up in the future, and they will under a republican presidency, I will at that time start posting your own words back to you, then we can see the true hypocrisy. Until then, you to me, are little more than a apologist, and mean little other than the pest level of debate.

    j-mac
    No, you just don't get it. You continue to argue that Gibson has the presumption of innocence but Obama does not.

    And your argument about not being a lawyer and you're just offering an opinion is just more childish pap you dishonestly apply to yourself, but no one else. In your delusion, you think DP is a court of law, and the people who disagree with you are lawyers. We're just offering our opinions just as you are, but you're too dishonest to admit that
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #250
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Is your guitar DOJ approved?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    No, you just don't get it. You continue to argue that Gibson has the presumption of innocence but Obama does not.
    Why does the one leveling a charge deserve anything other than the demand to prove it?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 25 of 54 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •