Page 23 of 54 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 531

Thread: US agents raid Gibson Guitar over ebony

  1. #221
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: US agents raid Gibson Guitar over ebony

    [QUOTE=j-mac;1059792490]
    the facts are real simple.

    1. Feds raided Gibson in 2009, result? No criminal charges/
    No charges yet you mean.

    2. Feds raid Gibson again this year citing what amounts to a paperwork clerical error, result, don't know yet, neither do you
    Where are your facts to back up your opinion that what Gibson did was "paperwork clerical error". Let's see your proof of this. Link please.


    3. When asked what Gibson can do to comply and stop these raids? Answer from the Obama DoJ, Move your operation overseas....
    Lets' see your link where the DOJ said this?

    Speculation will result from here on out until we see a resolution to this crap. And that goes for your argument as well. You have already in your mind deemed Gibson guilty. Why? Because they are not Obama donors? Or is it that you just don't like Gibson, and think that you agree more politically with Fender?
    I have not said Gibson is guilty. Provide the quote where I said that?


    So far, all you have done is proven me correct that you have provided zero facts to back up your opinion that Gibson is being harassed because they are not Obama donors.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #222
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: US agents raid Gibson Guitar over ebony

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I increasingly get the feeling that "playing ball" means that either they get behind Obama, or get run out of the country.....Isn't it great how unleashed progressivism works? Say goodbye to an American icon, the Gibson guitar, all because Obama want's that backing....

    What a bunch of putz's....

    j-mac
    Funny how those rightwingers who were arguing that Gibson should be given the presumption of innocence have turned around and convicted Obama with no evidence. It seems almost like they're so dishonest that even they don't even believe their own arguments

    What kind of putz does that?
    Last edited by sangha; 09-13-11 at 11:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #223
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: US agents raid Gibson Guitar over ebony

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Funny how those rightwingers who were arguing that Gibson should be given the presumption of innocence have turned around and convicted Obama with no evidence. It seems almost like they're so dishonest that even they don't even believe their own arguments

    What kind of putz does that?
    Is it Obama that is being raided?

    Is it Holder?

    Or, are they the thugs going after their political enemies with raids using Justice?



    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #224
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: US agents raid Gibson Guitar over ebony

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Is it Obama that is being raided?

    Is it Holder?

    Or, are they the thugs going after their political enemies with raids using Justice?



    j-mac

    This is your proof of innocence, an interview with the alleged criminal???

    Of course criminals never lie about their guilt, do they?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  5. #225
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: US agents raid Gibson Guitar over ebony



  6. #226
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: US agents raid Gibson Guitar over ebony

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Is it Obama that is being raided?

    Is it Holder?

    Or, are they the thugs going after their political enemies with raids using Justice?



    j-mac
    You'd be better off just posting video from FauxNews, where you got your inane accusation from in the first place
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #227
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: US agents raid Gibson Guitar over ebony

    In a TV interview with Gibson CEO, he stated that Gibson had a letter from the Indian export authority that the wood they purchased was legal. Apparently have been buying this wood for many years.

    Gibson Guitar Wails on Federal Raid - WSJ.com

    Why Gibson Guitar Was Raided By The Justice Department : The Record : NPR

    CEO of Gibson Guitar a Republican donor; Democrat competitor uses same wood - Landmark Report
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #228
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: US agents raid Gibson Guitar over ebony

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    In a TV interview with Gibson CEO, he stated that Gibson had a letter from the Indian export authority that the wood they purchased was legal. Apparently have been buying this wood for many years.

    Gibson Guitar Wails on Federal Raid - WSJ.com

    Why Gibson Guitar Was Raided By The Justice Department : The Record : NPR

    CEO of Gibson Guitar a Republican donor; Democrat competitor uses same wood - Landmark Report

    Because people in India don't lie

    Apparently, some people believe everything they hear, as long as it supports their opposition to Obama
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #229
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    03-23-13 @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,265

    Re: US agents raid Gibson Guitar over ebony

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Because people in India don't lie

    Apparently, some people believe everything they hear, as long as it supports their opposition to Obama
    Just as some people will discount anything printed or said that doesn't support their unwavering love of Obama.

  10. #230
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: US agents raid Gibson Guitar over ebony

    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    Just as some people will discount anything printed or said that doesn't support their unwavering love of Obama.
    WHile the rest of us rely on the facts while laughing at those who whine about the presumption of innoncence before accusing Obama of being the mastermind of everything the govt does
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 23 of 54 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •