Page 13 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 531

Thread: US agents raid Gibson Guitar over ebony

  1. #121
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,360

    Re: Is your guitar DOJ approved?

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Never mind the fact that the Feds have been doing this exact thing -- bullying, forcing their targets to incur unreasonable expenses, and threatening further expense or consequence -- to employers for decades, as a proven mechanism for making hay.
    You're right. The Libbos have been doing that for nearly a century, now.

    Never mind the fact that Obama most likely didn't know about this raid before it went down, seeing as how the DoJ doesn't go running to the President for approval of, well, anything.

    Never mind the fact that if Obama stopped the DoJ now, he'd be accused of politicizing the matter and denying the DoJ the appearance of independence it needs in order to do its job effectively.

    Never mind the fact that if Obama stopped the DoJ now, people like you would be asking how Gibson bought off the White House -- did they promise to unionize? Dun-dun-dun!

    Never mind anything that would directly contradict your half-assed point, even if (hell, especially if) it's the truth.

    Right?
    It happened on Obama's watch, so he gets to hold the bag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #122
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Is your guitar DOJ approved?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You're right. The Libbos have been doing that for nearly a century, now.
    As have the conservos. This is a practice which crosses party and philosophical lines, mainly because it's about power and not about politics. The individuals who perpetuate these practices are not elected officials, they're attorneys who are largely outside the political sphere -- until, of course, they decide to use their record as a champion for truth and justice as a platform for a run for office.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It happened on Obama's watch, so he gets to hold the bag.
    That's a load of crap. It's a problem inherent to the inner workings of the system that Obama alone can't fix.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  3. #123
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Is your guitar DOJ approved?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashah View Post
    I have around 20 bass guitars. One is a Gibson... a mint 1968 Thunderbird IV

    hope the Feds don't read this
    I wish I could play one but that being said I more than content to listen to the pro's produce their magic.

  4. #124
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Is your guitar DOJ approved?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashah View Post
    I have around 20 bass guitars. One is a Gibson... a mint 1968 Thunderbird IV

    hope the Feds don't read this

    You wouldn't happen to have a Rickenbacker 4003 5-string by any chance would you?
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  5. #125
    wʜɪтe яussɪaи Tashah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    ישראל אמריקה
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,379

    Re: Is your guitar DOJ approved?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    You wouldn't happen to have a Rickenbacker 4003 5-string by any chance would you?
    Nup, sorry Ockham. But I do have a Rickenbacker 4-string stereo bass (white w/ black pick-guard).

    אשכנזי היהודי Белый Россию

  6. #126
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Is your guitar DOJ approved?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashah View Post
    Nup, sorry Ockham. But I do have a Rickenbacker 4-string stereo bass (white w/ black pick-guard).
    I've played the 4 string version - late 70's natural through a Hartke rig - very nice! I've been on the hunt for a 4003 5-string, not the modified 4-string but the actual fiver since Rick stopped making them a while back. They're hard to come by and when I have seen them, quite expensive. If among your travels you see one... I'd sure be interested!
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  7. #127
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Is your guitar DOJ approved?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    In criminal cases, yes. I think this is probable a civil case.

    And I don't you're doing yourself any facors by just dismissing murder cases after posting that "innocent until proven guilty" spiel. Either you apply that consistently, or you don't. BTW, the same thing applies to robbery, etc. Should we just let the their go and give themback the gun they used to commit the robbery? We put people who haven't been convicted of anything in jail all the time, and rightfully so. Gibson isn't immune from this simply because they make rockin' guitars

    In criminal cases, yes. I think this is probable a civil case.
    Constitutional rights applies to everyone as individuals and corporations, this is how understand, Although I am not a lawyer but the constitution was written for any citizen to understand. I am being consistent, if a man is caught with the smoking gun in hand after a murder then you have probable cause to arrest and hold along with immediately being levied. If one is suspected of a murder without a smoking gun in hand then the state has yet to have proof or can not prove ones guilt, then one must be released until the actual charge with evidence can be justified.

  8. #128
    wʜɪтe яussɪaи Tashah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    ישראל אמריקה
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,379

    Re: Is your guitar DOJ approved?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    I've played the 4 string version - late 70's natural through a Hartke rig - very nice! I've been on the hunt for a 4003 5-string, not the modified 4-string but the actual fiver since Rick stopped making them a while back. They're hard to come by and when I have seen them, quite expensive. If among your travels you see one... I'd sure be interested!
    I'll keep an eye out O. Probably a rarity and buku $.

    I've got a Hartke amp (400 watts w/ equalizer) somewhere in the studio. If you set the compression right, it sounds mighty nice. I usually use Crown pre-amps, David Eden or World amps, and stacked SWR speaker cabinets.

    אשכנזי היהודי Белый Россию

  9. #129
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Is your guitar DOJ approved?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashah View Post
    I'll keep an eye out O. Probably a rarity and buku $.

    I've got a Hartke amp (400 watts w/ equalizer) somewhere in the studio. If you set the compression right, it sounds mighty nice. I usually use Crown pre-amps, David Eden or World amps, and stacked SWR speaker cabinets.
    I do like the Eden stuff - I get a very "back line 1979" type sound out of them. I tend to go small these days using just a 4-10 Hartke half and a Hartke head for stage and then split it out on a DI to the PA guy. I don't play bass live much anymore, or guitar for that matter. I've been doing the small studio demo thing. Mostly it's songs I never got a chance to record or always wanted to record. I did get a hunting show looking for a tune during opening/closing credits so I get to work on that. It's nice to do and I've got some good guys who like to play so it's fun for me.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  10. #130
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,360

    Re: Is your guitar DOJ approved?

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    As have the conservos. This is a practice which crosses party and philosophical lines, mainly because it's about power and not about politics. The individuals who perpetuate these practices are not elected officials, they're attorneys who are largely outside the political sphere -- until, of course, they decide to use their record as a champion for truth and justice as a platform for a run for office.
    Give us some examples of which Libbo politician that ran on a platform of less government regulation. I await with bated breath.



    That's a load of crap. It's a problem inherent to the inner workings of the system that Obama alone can't fix.
    You wouldn't be saying that if a Republican were president.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 13 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •