Page 10 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 531

Thread: US agents raid Gibson Guitar over ebony

  1. #91
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Is your guitar DOJ approved?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    All of which is done with approval from Congress. Thank you :bows:
    No - that was done with a ruling by the Supreme Court.

    Congress created agencies.
    The Supreme Court ruled that the agencies have the power to interpret and apply their own rules and regulations as per their own interpretation of their enabling act.

    Congress dropped the ball, so to say, by being so ****ing lazy, and the Scotus kicked it down the field for a pro-agency field goal.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  2. #92
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Is your guitar DOJ approved?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    No - that was done with a ruling by the Supreme Court.
    No, the law that the EPA used to raid Gibson was passed by Congress and signed by a republican president.

    Congress created agencies.
    The Supreme Court ruled that the agencies have the power to interpret and apply their own rules and regulations as per their own interpretation of their enabling act.

    Congress dropped the ball, so to say, by being so ****ing lazy, and the Scotus kicked it down the field for a pro-agency field goal.
    Not in this case. Congress passed a law making the importation of these materials illegal and gave the EPA the power to enforce this law.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #93
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Is your guitar DOJ approved?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    The stories about the abuses of SWAT raids have been in the news for years.
    And the EPA doesnt make laws. No agencies make laws. That is just more wingnuttery
    The stories about the abuses of SWAT raids have been in the news for years.
    Your right and for the most part probably on people who deserve it. Now it has come to raiding manufacturers with dozens or hundreds of employee's, like I said when does it reach is own limitations.
    And the EPA doesnt make laws. No agencies make laws. That is just more wingnuttery
    You are correct in regards to law, I used the term to push a point and regulations are the new law, this the EPA can do.
    Last edited by deltabtry; 09-03-11 at 11:48 PM.

  4. #94
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Is your guitar DOJ approved?

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    You are correct in regards to law, I used the term to push a point and regulations are the new law, this the EPA can do.
    I understood that, but I still think it's wingnuttery. I know that the minarchists don't like the idea of regulatory powers delegated by Congress, but it's not just a fact of life; it's 100% constitutional.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #95
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Is your guitar DOJ approved?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I understood that, but I still think it's wingnuttery. I know that the minarchists don't like the idea of regulatory powers delegated by Congress, but it's not just a fact of life; it's 100% constitutional.
    This is true but regulations are now being pushed through EPA via the executive branch..and the left and right wings can be held accountable on this. This twisting and perverting our way of life and constitution, the bottom line is that the EPA must be reigned in and neutered it has gone to far.

  6. #96
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Is your guitar DOJ approved?

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    This is true but regulations are now being pushed through EPA via the executive branch..and the left and right wings can be held accountable on this. This twisting and perverting our way of life and constitution, the bottom line is that the EPA must be reigned in and neutered it has gone to far.
    This is not an example of the EPA "pushing" anything. It is the direct result of a law passed by Congress and signed by a republican president.

    If you want to complain about the escalating militarization of the police, and the high incarceration rate in the US, then focusing on this one case is an awfully poor way of going about it. It appears to be the same kind of uber-partisanship that you claim to abhor and it's not even a case of the EPA "making law". In this instance, it's a case of the EPA using powers delegated to it by Congress to enforce a law passed by Congress.

    But id you want to start a thread about the escalating militarization of the police, and the high incarceration rate in the US, just send me a link and I'll be happy to join in and support your opposition
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #97
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Is your guitar DOJ approved?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    This is not an example of the EPA "pushing" anything. It is the direct result of a law passed by Congress and signed by a republican president.

    If you want to complain about the escalating militarization of the police, and the high incarceration rate in the US, then focusing on this one case is an awfully poor way of going about it. It appears to be the same kind of uber-partisanship that you claim to abhor and it's not even a case of the EPA "making law". In this instance, it's a case of the EPA using powers delegated to it by Congress to enforce a law passed by Congress.

    But id you want to start a thread about the escalating militarization of the police, and the high incarceration rate in the US, just send me a link and I'll be happy to join in and support your opposition
    In sense your right, my real complaint is with congress and the ineptness they perform everyday. My complaint is what you state and the EPA is just a tool I wish to take away, it is just a avenue for congress to subvert our constitution and rights. I have many problems with our government and the over reaching powers that it has, I pick no sides except the side of what the constitution states, hence the term, "very conservative" or lets say contitutionalist. This isn't a party or presidential incident or complaint, it's more or less a complaint of the militarization of our law enforcement and it's over reaching powers and violations of our constitutional rights, along with their it's mentality that it's above the law.

  8. #98
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Is your guitar DOJ approved?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    No, the law that the EPA used to raid Gibson was passed by Congress and signed by a republican president.



    Not in this case. Congress passed a law making the importation of these materials illegal and gave the EPA the power to enforce this law.
    Oh duh - Ithought you were referring to agencies in general for some reason.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  9. #99
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Is your guitar DOJ approved?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Oh duh - Ithought you were referring to agencies in general for some reason.
    Well at our current pace this will be the case.

  10. #100
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Is your guitar DOJ approved?

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    Well at our current pace this will be the case.
    lol

    I oppose all agencies so the less the better.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

Page 10 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •