Page 87 of 194 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187 ... LastLast
Results 861 to 870 of 1936

Thread: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

  1. #861
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    03-23-13 @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,265

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No where have I made excuses. That is simply a projection on your part. I say quite clearly that both spend, that it is not a republican or democrat issue.

    And no Obama was not elected to fix our economy. Anyone on either side who thought that was and is misguided. No president can "FIX" our economy. They don't have the power to do anything like that. Obama was just the better choice in the election.

    And while you prefer to speak to what is now, when a republican takes office and spending continues, as it has repeatedly in the past, you'll likely be as silent as many were during the Bush years. Do you really think Conservative will be denouncing conservatives for their spending should that happen? Really?

    Okay, seeing "no president" can fix the economy, because they don't have the power to do so ...... then it should be safe to say that "no president" can destroy the economy right ?

  2. #862
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,244

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    How do you know those jobs would have been lost? You continue to buy the leftwing rhetoric and ignore logic and common sense. Someone comes to you and offers you money that doesn't have to be paid back and money that will prevent you from paying your monthly expenses, what would you do?
    Research Okun's law. There is an empirically verified relationship between unemployment gains and aggregate output (GDP).
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  3. #863
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Nonsense. U.S. GDP would have been lower by the exact amount spent + multipliers from stimulus on a per year basis.
    That is your opinion which you are entitled to, I disagree. The Obama stimulus program did absolutely nothing to improve the economy, create net job gains, but it did increase debt service which today is at record low interest rates. Imagine what inflation is going to do with debt service interest?

  4. #864
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,244

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    Okay, seeing "no president" can fix the economy, because they don't have the power to do so ...... then it should be safe to say that "no president" can destroy the economy right ?
    Deficit spending when unemployment is near historic lows is a sure-fire way to destroy an economy. Look at the Greeks! They were running deficits because they believed their superior Eurozone growth would last forever. Now the yield on a 1 year Greek note is over 80%.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  5. #865
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Research Okun's law. There is an empirically verified relationship between unemployment gains and aggregate output (GDP).
    Again, you assume that jobs saved would have been lost but you have no way of knowing that. What I know is that there were no net job gains, there is higher debt service, and lower economic growth. I also know the misery index is higher and Obama's JAR lower. It is easy making claims that no one can prove, i.e. that the jobs would have been lost.

  6. #866
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Deficit spending when unemployment is near historic lows is a sure-fire way to destroy an economy. Look at the Greeks! They were running deficits because they believed their superior Eurozone growth would last forever. Now the yield on a 1 year Greek note is over 80%.
    Then glad to hear you won't be supporting the Obama jobs' plan which is nothing more than deficit spending although unemployment isn't at record lows but debt is at record high.
    Last edited by Conservative; 09-07-11 at 12:36 PM.

  7. #867
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    Okay, seeing "no president" can fix the economy, because they don't have the power to do so ...... then it should be safe to say that "no president" can destroy the economy right ?
    Largely speaking. Together, congress and the president have limited power to hurt or help, but it is limited. Other factors play a much larger role, which is why politicians have been unable to stop an economy from going bad. If they had that kind of power, it would never be bad so incumbants could stay in power for ever.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #868
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    03-23-13 @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,265

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Those jobs would have been lost though. So while we might fnd some agree with the second half of your statement, the first part is clearly false. If that money helped keep those jobs, and it did, he did save jobs with the money, factually.
    Factually you may be somewhat right, but it's also a fact to say that is the reason that he is having trouble with his job reports now .. The money given to those states, to bail them out of their problems a year ago ... is now coming back to haunt this country. Now without the government "stimulus" those very same saved jobs, are now being lost.

  9. #869
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Largely speaking. Together, congress and the president have limited power to hurt or help, but it is limited. Other factors play a much larger role, which is why politicians have been unable to stop an economy from going bad. If they had that kind of power, it would never be bad so incumbants could stay in power for ever.
    Sheik and Adam aren't going to like your post since everything today is Bush's fault

  10. #870
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    Factually you may be somewhat right, but it's also a fact to say that is the reason that he is having trouble with his job reports now .. The money given to those states, to bail them out of their problems a year ago ... is now coming back to haunt this country. Now without the government "stimulus" those very same saved jobs, are now being lost.
    Exactly, the Federal Govt. gave money to states in reward for bad performance and decisions. Now liberals want to give more money to the govt. to do the same thing, reward bad behavior

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •