Page 81 of 194 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 810 of 1936

Thread: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

  1. #801
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    No, it's idiotic because it was a dumb decision and because it was one of several dumb decisions that contributed to our current woes. We would not find ourselves in the dire straights that we're in if the previous administration had kept on the path of fiscal restraint that IT inherited from Clinton.
    That is your opinion, many that served there disagree whereas others don't. How did the war in Iraq cause zero job growth in August, rising unemployment since he took office, declining labor force since he took office, rising misery index in 2011, and very poor economic growth in 2011?

  2. #802
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Keep diverting, Sheik, and by all means keep showing your BDS while ignoring history. I am sure that the attack on 9/11 is why we have zero jobs created in August 2011 and why we have a net job loss since Obama took office, a declining labor force, rising misery index and very poor economic growth all in 2011.
    Stop lying already. BLS data shows 331,000 jobs added last month.

    Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

    366,000 more jobs in the private sector...

    Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

    One would have hoped you knew that some 150,000 jobs or more a month are needed just to keep the unemployment rate level and that should have been your first clue that we gained jobs since the U3 rate remained level, but noooo, you're to <sarcasm>slick</sarcasm> to put 1 + 1 together.

  3. #803
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    That is your opinion, many that served there disagree whereas others don't. How did the war in Iraq cause zero job growth in August, rising unemployment since he took office, declining labor force since he took office, rising misery index in 2011, and very poor economic growth in 2011?
    It's not my opinion -- it's a fact. We would be in better shape if we had not added over one trillion dollars to the debt for no good reason. That's basic arithmetic.

    On the opinion side, I think we would have a much more functional government if Bush hadn't split the country in half following 911, when the whole country came together. Bush claimed he was a uniter -- not a divider -- but nothing could have been farther from the truth.

  4. #804
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post

    Those things really worked well wouldn't you say ? just 9 months after leaving office .. we were attacked ... One can only wonder with all that Clinton did to curb terrorism, that could happen. But I'm glad to see that you see failure .. . as a reason to brag ..
    Translation: Al'Qaida failed to hijack 4 commercial jets and use them like kamazi's on Clinton's watch since he was actually doing something to counter terrorism but had no obstruction at all to pull of such an attack on Bush's watch since he was doing absolutely nothing at all to prevent such an attack.

  5. #805
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    It does appear to be the case, Obama has a net job since taking office, loss, higher unemployment since taking office, declining labor force since taking office, rising misery index in 2011, and .04 and 1% GDP in 2011. Is that the education you are talking about?
    I specified the education I was talking about, didn't you understand it??

  6. #806
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Stop lying already. BLS data shows 331,000 jobs added last month.

    Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

    366,000 more jobs in the private sector...

    Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

    One would have hoped you knew that some 150,000 jobs or more a month are needed just to keep the unemployment rate level and that should have been your first clue that we gained jobs since the U3 rate remained level, but noooo, you're to <sarcasm>slick</sarcasm> to put 1 + 1 together.
    Do you know the difference between Gross and net? So before claiming that somone is lying better learn definitions. NET JOB LOSS IN AUGUST is a FACT

    http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf

  7. #807
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    I specified the education I was talking about, didn't you understand it??
    Yes, I understand that the attack on 9/11 which wasn't prevented by GW Bush led to the net job numbers for August 2011 along with all the other results I have posted. Thanks for educating me.

  8. #808
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    It's not my opinion -- it's a fact. We would be in better shape if we had not added over one trillion dollars to the debt for no good reason. That's basic arithmetic.

    On the opinion side, I think we would have a much more functional government if Bush hadn't split the country in half following 911, when the whole country came together. Bush claimed he was a uniter -- not a divider -- but nothing could have been farther from the truth.
    I really love the way Obama is uniting the country, don't you?

  9. #809
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    No, it's idiotic because it was a dumb decision and because it was one of several dumb decisions that contributed to our current woes. We would not find ourselves in the dire straights that we're in if the previous administration had kept on the path of fiscal restraint that IT inherited from Clinton.
    Funny part in that is how Bush said on his campaign trail how he was going to cut taxes to give the surplus back to Americans because the government "overcharged" them ...

    ... ask Conservative if there was a surplus or if Bush was lying when he said that.

  10. #810
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Thanks for educating me.
    You're welcome.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •