Page 80 of 194 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130180 ... LastLast
Results 791 to 800 of 1936

Thread: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

  1. #791
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    Bush had nine months to prevent 9/11 so you tell me what did Clinton do during his 8 years to prevent 9/11

    start you list here

    1.____________________________________________
    1. Had airport security raised in suspected airports the northeast in response to a PDB warning of a potential terrorist attack inside the U.S.

    2. Tripled the budget of the FBI for counterterrorism and doubled overall funding for counterterrorism.

    3. Developed the nation's first anti-terrorism policy, and appointed first national coordinator.

    4. Named the Hart-Rudman commission to report on nature of terrorist threats and major steps to be taken to combat terrorism.

    5. Detected and destroyed cells of Al Qaeda in over 20 countries

    6. sent legislation to Congress to TIGHTEN AIRPORT SECURITY. (Remember, this is before 911) The legislation was defeated by the Republicans because of opposition from the airlines.

    7. sent legislation to Congress to allow for BETTER TRACKING OF TERRORIST FUNDING. It was defeated by Republicans in the Senate because of opposition from banking interests.

    8. sent legislation to Congress to add tagents to explosives, to allow for BETTER TRACKING OF EXPLOSIVES USED BY TERRORISTS. It was defeated by the Republicans because of opposition from the NRA.



    Even some Conservatives gave his efforts kudos...

    "Overall, I give them very high marks" and "The only major criticism I have is the obsession with Osama" ~ Robert Oakley, Reagan Counterterrorism Czar

    Paul Bremer, Bush's Administrator of Iraq disagrees slightly with Robert Oakley saying he believed the Clinton Administration had "correctly focused on bin Laden."

    "By any measure available, Clinton left office having given greater priority to terrorism than any president before him" and was the "first administration to undertake a systematic anti-terrorist effort.", Barton Gellman of the Washington Post

    How's your list for George Bush coming along? Still stuck on #1?


    1.____________________________________________
    Last edited by Sheik Yerbuti; 09-07-11 at 11:11 AM.

  2. #792
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Did you serve in Iraq or how did Iraq affect you or your family? Sounds like a bad case of BDS since that is all I ever see from you
    What an idiotic statement. Iraq affected all Americans to the tune of over one trillion wasted dollars.

  3. #793
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    Bush barely had his feet wet as a president when 911 occurred, and the attacks were the result of planning that stretched back many years.

    In a similar way, the economic crisis that occurred soon after Obama became president was based upon factors long in place, and for which he had no real control.

    Instead of all the childish partisanship, why not step outside the blinders created by such long enough to recognize that events that result from a complex series of other events years in the making are not so simplistic as you would like them to be?
    That will never happen here because all liberals can do is show their BDS(Bush Derangement Syndrome) to divert from the Obama record. Doesn't matter than Clinton had a PDB(Presidential Daily Briefing) in December 1998 that told of a goal of terrorist to hijack airlines and fly them into buildings. Now to Clinton's credit he raised the awareness for 30 days(wow!) and prevented an attack in January 1999. Thanks, Bill, why did you stop there?

  4. #794
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    What an idiotic statement. Iraq affected all Americans to the tune of over one trillion wasted dollars.
    It is only idiotic because it diverts from the present which you want to do. Nothing can be done about that war or the past so why relive it? Doubt that anything that removed Saddam Hussein was wasted but to each their own. Keep diverting from the present to keep from accepting the terrible economic results of Obama.

  5. #795
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post

    Bush barely had his feet wet as a president when 911 occurred, and the attacks were the result of planning that stretched back many years.
    Really? In 8 months, Bush shouldn't have done anything to prevent an attack inside America because 8 months is too soon for a president to respond to a PDB warning him of a likely attack inside the U.S.?

    Ok, you tell me ... how much time do you think is reasonable until a president takes some action in response to FBI PDB's warning him that Osama bin Laden is planning an attack inside the U.S.?

  6. #796
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Really? In 8 months, Bush shouldn't have done anything to prevent an attack inside America because 8 months is too soon for a president to respond to a PDB warning him of a likely attack inside the U.S.?

    Ok, you tell me ... how much time do you think is reasonable until a president takes some action in response to FBI PDB's warning him that Osama bin Laden is planning an attack inside the U.S.?
    Keep diverting, Sheik, and by all means keep showing your BDS while ignoring history. I am sure that the attack on 9/11 is why we have zero jobs created in August 2011 and why we have a net job loss since Obama took office, a declining labor force, rising misery index and very poor economic growth all in 2011.

  7. #797
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Doesn't matter than Clinton had a PDB(Presidential Daily Briefing) in December 1998 that told of a goal of terrorist to hijack airlines and fly them into buildings. Now to Clinton's credit he raised the awareness for 30 days(wow!) and prevented an attack in January 1999. Thanks, Bill, why did you stop there?
    Aren't you going to thank me for educating you on that matter? After all, you didn't know that when you first accused Clinton of reacting like Bush and doing nothing in response to a PDB warning of a potential attack.

    Educating sure is turning into a thankless job.

  8. #798
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    It is only idiotic because it diverts from the present which you want to do. Nothing can be done about that war or the past so why relive it? Doubt that anything that removed Saddam Hussein was wasted but to each their own. Keep diverting from the present to keep from accepting the terrible economic results of Obama.
    No, it's idiotic because it was a dumb decision and because it was one of several dumb decisions that contributed to our current woes. We would not find ourselves in the dire straights that we're in if the previous administration had kept on the path of fiscal restraint that IT inherited from Clinton.

  9. #799
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Aren't you going to thank me for educating you on that matter? After all, you didn't know that when you first accused Clinton of reacting like Bush and doing nothing in response to a PDB warning of a potential attack.

    Educating sure is turning into a thankless job.
    It does appear to be the case, Obama has a net job since taking office, loss, higher unemployment since taking office, declining labor force since taking office, rising misery index in 2011, and .04 and 1% GDP in 2011. Is that the education you are talking about?

  10. #800
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    03-23-13 @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,265

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    1. Had airport security raised in suspected airports the northeast in response to a PDB warning of a potential terrorist attack inside the U.S.

    2. Tripled the budget of the FBI for counterterrorism and doubled overall funding for counterterrorism.

    3. Developed the nation's first anti-terrorism policy, and appointed first national coordinator.

    4. Named the Hart-Rudman commission to report on nature of terrorist threats and major steps to be taken to combat terrorism.

    5. Detected and destroyed cells of Al Qaeda in over 20 countries

    6. sent legislation to Congress to TIGHTEN AIRPORT SECURITY. (Remember, this is before 911) The legislation was defeated by the Republicans because of opposition from the airlines.

    7. sent legislation to Congress to allow for BETTER TRACKING OF TERRORIST FUNDING. It was defeated by Republicans in the Senate because of opposition from banking interests.

    8. sent legislation to Congress to add tagents to explosives, to allow for BETTER TRACKING OF EXPLOSIVES USED BY TERRORISTS. It was defeated by the Republicans because of opposition from the NRA.



    Even some Conservatives gave his efforts kudos...

    "Overall, I give them very high marks" and "The only major criticism I have is the obsession with Osama" ~ Robert Oakley, Reagan Counterterrorism Czar

    Paul Bremer, Bush's Administrator of Iraq disagrees slightly with Robert Oakley saying he believed the Clinton Administration had "correctly focused on bin Laden."

    "By any measure available, Clinton left office having given greater priority to terrorism than any president before him" and was the "first administration to undertake a systematic anti-terrorist effort.", Barton Gellman of the Washington Post

    How's your list for George Bush coming along? Still stuck on #1?


    1.____________________________________________

    Those things really worked well wouldn't you say ? just 9 months after leaving office .. we were attacked ... One can only wonder with all that Clinton did to curb terrorism, that could happen. But I'm glad to see that you see failure .. . as a reason to brag ..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •