Page 76 of 194 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 760 of 1936

Thread: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

  1. #751
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Why would ARRA be spent in 2010 since it was for shovel ready jobs? Are you telling me those shovels weren't ready in 2009. You mean Obama lied to us?
    Where do you come up with this **** from? Please post where Obama said all $787B would be spent in FY2009?

    What a sad comeback after your ignorance on the matter was exposed as you were under the impression that no ARRA funds were spent in FY2010.


    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    I cannot help it if you don't understand that no TARP spending, No 100 billion Afghanistan supplemental, no 800 billion stimulus that was spent in 2009 should mean less 2010 spending.
    More BS. More ARRA funds impacted the FY2010 budget than the FY2009 budget and still, spending fell in FY2010.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    CBO isn't a viable source but then again that is something else you don't understand
    Oh? And what source do you turn to for such matters?

  2. #752
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Where do you come up with this **** from? Please post where Obama said all $787B would be spent in FY2009?

    What a sad comeback after your ignorance on the matter was exposed as you were under the impression that no ARRA funds were spent in FY2010.



    More BS. More ARRA funds impacted the FY2010 budget than the FY2009 budget and still, spending fell in FY2010.


    Oh? And what source do you turn to for such matters?
    "Your" President lied to the American people about shovel ready jobs and his Administration claimed that passing the stimulus would cap unemployment at 8%. He is a failure.

    I turn to bea.gov, bls.gov, and the U.S. Treasury data. You ought to try it as it would help your credibility which isn't worth much now.

  3. #753
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    "Your" President lied to the American people about shovel ready jobs and his Administration claimed that passing the stimulus would cap unemployment at 8%. He is a failure.


    Here's the claim you speak of ...


    It should be understood that all of the estimates presented in this memo are subject to significant margins of error. There is the obvious uncertainty that comes from modeling a hypothetical package rather than the final legislation passed by the Congress. But, there is the more fundamental uncertainty that comes with any estimate of the effects of a program. Our estimates of economic relationships and rules of thumb are derived from historical experience and so will not apply exactly in any given episode. Furthermore, the uncertainty is surely higher than normal now because the current recession is unusual both in its fundamental causes and its severity.


    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    I turn to bea.gov, bls.gov, and the U.S. Treasury data. You ought to try it as it would help your credibility which isn't worth much now.
    And what do those sites tell you how much of TARP and ARRA was applied to the FY2009 budget?

  4. #754
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post


    Here's the claim you speak of ...


    It should be understood that all of the estimates presented in this memo are subject to significant margins of error. There is the obvious uncertainty that comes from modeling a hypothetical package rather than the final legislation passed by the Congress. But, there is the more fundamental uncertainty that comes with any estimate of the effects of a program. Our estimates of economic relationships and rules of thumb are derived from historical experience and so will not apply exactly in any given episode. Furthermore, the uncertainty is surely higher than normal now because the current recession is unusual both in its fundamental causes and its severity.



    And what do those sites tell you how much of TARP and ARRA was applied to the FY2009 budget?
    The footnote is irrelevant because that isn't what the American people understood was going to happen and how the bill was sold. Now all I hear are excuses from you and the rest of the Obama minions. You have zero credibility just like "your" President. The results speak for themselves as does Obama's rhetoric when he said and I paraphrase, those shovel ready jobs weren't so shovel ready. Here we are 2 1/2 years later and after spending as much as Obama the results are a disaster. It will be those results on the ballot in 2012 and I know he can count on your support

  5. #755
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Obama and Democrats controlled the Congress in 2007-2009 thus the legislative process as well as the purse strings or haven't you taken a civics class?
    How do you have a recovery in 2007 and 2008?

  6. #756
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    How do you have a recovery in 2007 and 2008?
    It was sarcastic as there was no recovery and still none under Democrat Congressional control

  7. #757
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    The footnote is irrelevant because that isn't what the American people understood was going to happen and how the bill was sold.
    Strawman ... I didn't post the disclaimer in regard to what the American people understood, but in response to what you claimed. You claimed Obama lied by saying unemployment wouldn't rise above 8% with his plan when clearly, he never said that.

    As far as you not answering my other question, I'll accept your non answer as those sites don't asnwer that question for you.

  8. #758
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Strawman ... I didn't post the disclaimer in regard to what the American people understood, but in response to what you claimed. You claimed Obama lied by saying unemployment wouldn't rise above 8% with his plan when clearly, he never said that.

    As far as you not answering my other question, I'll accept your non answer as those sites don't asnwer that question for you.
    Obama speaks a lot but never says anything leaving that for his Administration so he can blame someone else and not himself. If you believe anything is spoken by members of his Administration without approval of the President, you are really naive and very poorly informed.

  9. #759
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Obama speaks a lot but never says anything leaving that for his Administration so he can blame someone else and not himself. If you believe anything is spoken by members of his Administration without approval of the President, you are really naive and very poorly informed.
    Your inability to understand what he says is because of him??

    Talk about shirking personal responsibility.



  10. #760
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Your inability to understand what he says is because of him??

    Talk about shirking personal responsibility.


    Never held a leadership position I see but not surprising. It really is a waste of time dealing with you and any of the other Obama supporters. Facts just get in the way of your opinions and feelings

    Analysis of the Stimulus and what it would do.

    http://otrans.3cdn.net/ee40602f9a7d8172b8_ozm6bt5oi.pdf

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •