Page 70 of 194 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast
Results 691 to 700 of 1936

Thread: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

  1. #691
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Stop lying. Spending in 2010 was down from 2009...

    2009: 3518
    2010: 3456






    Spending drops in Obama's first budget year from $3,518B to $3,456B and you call that "Bush spending on steroids."

    Looks to me like it was Bush who was spending like Bush on steroids.
    There is a book out called "Arguing with Idiots" which seems to be appropriate here. Most of TARP and much of the stimulus was spent in 2009 as was the Obama Afghanistan supplemental. Guess those facts escape you.

  2. #692
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Umm, the debt under Bush's budgets increased $6.1 trillion and $2.8 trillion under Obama's.
    Obama has been in office 2 1/2 years, Bush was in office 8. Like it or not the 2009 debt is Obama's just like the 2001 debt was Bush's, the 1993 debt was Clinton and so on. Keep lying, Sheik.

  3. #693
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    There is a book out called "Arguing with Idiots" which seems to be appropriate here. Most of TARP and much of the stimulus was spent in 2009 as was the Obama Afghanistan supplemental. Guess those facts escape you.
    Someone wrote a book about you? The point is that spending was down in 2010 over 2009. Spin it however you like.

  4. #694
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Spending was down in 2010 because most of TARP and much of the stimulus was SPENT in 2009.
    But you said it was UP.

    That's the lie (which is yours, not mine). Claiming Obama was spending like Bush on steroids when in fact, spending fell during Obama's first budget.

    You've gone from claiming Obama spends like Bush on steroids to making excuses for why spending fell under Obama's first budget.

    Think about it for a moment before you type ... both statements cannot be true. You can't claim Obama spends more than Bush while at the same time explain why Bush spent more than Obama.

    Capiche?

  5. #695
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Someone wrote a book about you? The point is that spending was down in 2010 over 2009. Spin it however you like.
    If you don't have TARP and don't have Stimulus, and don't have the Afghanistan supplemental what do you think that would do to the next years spending?

  6. #696
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    But you said it was UP.

    That's the lie (which is yours, not mine). Claiming Obama was spending like Bush on steroids when in fact, spending fell during Obama's first budget.

    You've gone from claiming Obama spends like Bush on steroids to making excuses for why spending fell under Obama's first budget.

    Think about it for a moment before you type ... both statements cannot be true. You can't claim Obama spends more than Bush while at the same time explain why Bush spent more than Obama.

    Capiche?
    It was up, supplementals aren't part of the budget process, they are additions. The Bush budget was much less than Obama's but the supplementals took it up.

  7. #697
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Since Jimmy Hoffa wants a war and wants to "take out those SOB's" it looks like a war is what he is going to get and my bet is Obama isn't going to like the outcome nor are his supporters

    We The People - YouTube

  8. #698
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Right, see your point, spending enough to create 5 trillion in 8 years certainly is spending a lot more than 4 trillion in less than 3. I can see how the Obama spending on steroids was the wrong thing to say, LOL
    As noted above:

    The debt under Bush's budgets increased $6.1 trillion and $2.8 trillion under Obama's.

    I was merely kind enough to use your numbers. You might read some of the links you've been given. Just saying . . . .

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #699
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    As noted above:

    The debt under Bush's budgets increased $6.1 trillion and $2.8 trillion under Obama's.

    I was merely kind enough to use your numbers. You might read some of the links you've been given. Just saying . . . .
    I am sure that even you know that what was posted was a lie. TARP was a loan that was paid back, where did that payback show up. TARP was spent in 2009 along with the stimulus and the Afghanistan 100 billion supplemental so unless those continued well into 2010 at the same level of spending then 2010 spending is going to be less. Problem is you don't seem to understand the debt and willingly buy anything that another liberal tells you. No President has to spend the budget amount and since Obama did and since Obama was in the Congress(Democrat controlled) that approved that budget Obama is charged with the debt. Like it or not, that is reality.

  10. #700
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    There is a book out called "Arguing with Idiots" which seems to be appropriate here. Most of TARP and much of the stimulus was spent in 2009 as was the Obama Afghanistan supplemental. Guess those facts escape you.
    Seriously, Con ... how many times must you be shown exactly how much of TARP and ARRA were actually applied to the FY2009 deficit until it seeps in?

    TARP: $152B

    The Budget Outlook

    ARRA: $200B

    The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009

    TARP is Bush's so $200B of the $1.9 trillion deficit is Obama's, leaving the other roughly $1.6 trillion is Bush's.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •