Page 7 of 194 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 1936

Thread: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

  1. #61
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    How is cutting taxes giving anything to anyone? Do you realize how foolish that sounds. Allowing people to keep more of what they earn isn't giving them anything
    The person who sounds foolish is you. I guess it was too much to ask you to read? Maybe a bit? What did I say, read it slowly and sound out the letters, it will help you. "cut there taxes and give them a **** ton of tax payer money!" See that? Does it say "cut their taxes which is tantamount to giving them a **** ton of tax payer money!"? No...it says and, the and means that the two separate things are included. Both tax cuts and increased subsidies. Get it? Before you run off and want to try to call people foolish, stop for a few minutes, re-read the text and make sure you're not the one who will end up looking foolish.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #62
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,125
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    A picture is worth a thousand words...

    fail-9.1.jpg

  3. #63
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    The person who sounds foolish is you. I guess it was too much to ask you to read? Maybe a bit? What did I say, read it slowly and sound out the letters, it will help you. "cut there taxes and give them a **** ton of tax payer money!" See that? Does it say "cut their taxes which is tantamount to giving them a **** ton of tax payer money!"? No...it says and, the and means that the two separate things are included. Both tax cuts and increased subsidies. Get it? Before you run off and want to try to call people foolish, stop for a few minutes, re-read the text and make sure you're not the one who will end up looking foolish.
    No try to comprehend what you posted and the definition of subsidies most of which is allowing them to keep more of their money. Tax subsidies means paying less in taxes not giving them anything in most cases. Very little taxpayer money goes to anyone in the form or cash subsidies especially to the oil companies so not sure who you are referring to Obviously you buy what you are told and ignore reality. Maybe you ought to type less and think and research more.

  4. #64
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    A picture is worth a thousand words...

    fail-9.1.jpg
    Now you have done it, posted actual data and facts, something liberals don't want to see, want to run from. How about it Adam, Pb, Sheik? More rhetoric? More distortions? More defense of the indefensible?

  5. #65
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No try to comprehend what you posted and the definition of subsidies most of which is allowing them to keep more of their money. Tax subsidies means paying less in taxes not giving them anything in most cases. Very little taxpayer money goes to anyone in the form or cash subsidies especially to the oil companies so not sure who you are referring to Obviously you buy what you are told and ignore reality. Maybe you ought to type less and think and research more.
    Nice attempt to back track, but it doesn't count. I said cut taxes and give them a bunch of tax payer money (actually I said **** ton, but same sentiment). That's what is written. Quite playing the fool more than you have to.

    BTW, what was the bailout packages to the banks, wallstreet, and some of the auto manufacturers? Were those just "tax cuts"?
    Last edited by Ikari; 09-02-11 at 12:58 PM.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #66
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 02:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,320

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No, what we are seeing is the failed ideology trying to blame supply side for their own failures which is what liberals always do. It is pure liberal arrogance to claim that the previous group of liberals didn't spend enough. This country wasn't built on the liberal ideology and liberals thus have no one to blame but themselves and we know that will never happen.
    Do you believe supply side economics to be a sound economic system?
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  7. #67
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Nice attempt to back track, but it doesn't count. I said cut taxes and give them a bunch of tax payer money (actually I said **** ton, but same sentiment). That's what is written. Quite playing the fool more than you have to.

    BTW, what was the bailout packages to the banks, wallstreet, and some of the auto manufacturers? Were those just "tax cuts"?
    No, nor were they subsidies. I stand by my statement and it appears to be you that is backtracking, tax subsidies means paying less in taxes not getting a check from the taxpayers.

  8. #68
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    Do you believe supply side economics to be a sound economic system?
    Yes, the only one that makes any sense and the one that made this the greatest economic power in the world.

  9. #69
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    A picture is worth a thousand words...

    fail-9.1.jpg
    Unemployment rate by month

    Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
    2001 4.2 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.3 4.5 4.6 4.9 5.0 5.3 5.5 5.7
    2002 5.7 5.7 5.7 5.9 5.8 5.8 5.8 5.7 5.7 5.7 5.9 6.0
    2003 5.8 5.9 5.9 6.0 6.1 6.3 6.2 6.1 6.1 6.0 5.8 5.7
    2004 5.7 5.6 5.8 5.6 5.6 5.6 5.5 5.4 5.4 5.5 5.4 5.4
    2005 5.3 5.4 5.2 5.2 5.1 5.0 5.0 4.9 5.0 5.0 5.0 4.9
    2006 4.7 4.8 4.7 4.7 4.6 4.6 4.7 4.7 4.5 4.4 4.5 4.4
    2007 4.6 4.5 4.4 4.5 4.4 4.6 4.7 4.6 4.7 4.7 4.7 5.0
    2008 5.0 4.8 5.1 4.9 5.4 5.6 5.8 6.1 6.2 6.6 6.8 7.3
    2009 7.8 8.2 8.6 8.9 9.4 9.5 9.5 9.7 9.8 10.1 9.9 9.9
    2010 9.7 9.7 9.7 9.8 9.6 9.5 9.5 9.6 9.6 9.7 9.8 9.4
    2011 9.0 8.9 8.8 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.1 9.1

  10. #70
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Now you have done it, posted actual data and facts, something liberals don't want to see, want to run from. How about it Adam, Pb, Sheik? More rhetoric? More distortions? More defense of the indefensible?
    You are the king of distortions and the causation vs. correlation logical fallacy. I'm not surprised that you loved Grim's graphic; it fits perfectly with your flawed way of thinking and inability to comprehend reality.

Page 7 of 194 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •