Page 61 of 194 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 1936

Thread: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

  1. #601
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Maine
    Last Seen
    09-25-11 @ 12:44 PM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    157

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Government is about consensus. Democrats and Republicans are the viable parties. You want to talk about abortion, me not having guns, gay marriage, health care, immigration, crime, humanities, environmental ...,
    it all comes down to money or fluff.

    You want healthcare? money
    Illegal immigration ... money
    War ... money
    trade policy ... money
    taxes ... money

    How different are the 2 parties when it comes to money? Meaning where is there consensus?

    War / Defense ... close to a trillion a year now. Consensus yes ... who benefits? defense contractors
    Low taxes ... consensus ... yes. who benefits all, who benefits more ... fill in the blank.
    Free trade ... consensus ... yes. Who benefits ... corporations and cheap goods. Lost GDP, jobs, revenue.
    Obamacare ... consensus ... yes. Who benefits ... depends on your view ... definitely business.
    Illegal immigration ... consensus ... yes. Who benefits ... not the people of the US.
    Crime ... consensus ... yes. Who benefits ... prison profits.
    Deregulation ... consensus ... yes. Who benefited? Ask the people suffering from the excesses of derivatives.
    Tax breaks and loopholes amounting to 1 trillion ... consensus ... yes. Who benefits corporations.
    Lack of VAT's .... consensus ... yes. Who benefits? Not Americans.

    Of course I'm slanting views some as I'm progressive ie I don't see the value of wasting money on chasing drug users ... Darwin will take care of that.

    However there is consensus on money makers War, low taxes, and trade ... money.

    There is plenty of consensus on issues that harm Americans ... be a con ... be a lib, but the two parties we vote for legislate together. I see little difference ... when it comes to money.
    If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. Patton
    New opinions are always suspected, and usually opposed, without any other reason but because they are not already common. John Locke

  2. #602
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael H View Post
    An unbiased report of governmental regulations for OECD countries rates us among the best.
    Amoing the best? Is that your goal?

    The US used to be the very best and now regulations are making it far tougher for business while other countries are taking advantage of this.

    For reasons rational to many, they made many changes to the rules and regulations of the United States just enough to throw it off kilter. Now businesses are leaving and people complain about it. What can you expect?

    Do you think there is any other country in the world talking of their banking business like this?

    Maxine Waters: Obama Needs To Take On 'Gangsta' Banks

  3. #603
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    [QUOTE=AdamT;1059779613]
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post

    You're argument suggests that people would have saved for retirement and medical care before SS and Medicare, but the facts do not bear that out. Poverty among the elederly is now 1/3 what it was before SS and Medicare.
    Wonder how many of them live in the following cities? Any idea who runs those cities?

    Real Clear Thoughts The 10 Poorest Cities are All Run by Liberals

  4. #604
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Maine
    Last Seen
    09-25-11 @ 12:44 PM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    157

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    [QUOTE=Grant;1059779584]
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post

    Medicare was introduced in the 1960's! How was this the result of a "scandalous poverty rate? It was a time of peace and love!

    Now it has become a non sustainable program. People are expecting the money to be there, they haven't saved as a result, and the money won't be there. Ya say ya wanna revolution?
    I think Ayn Rand said pretty much the same ... until she went on the dole. Nice to have principles until you need help. Ayn Rand is looked up to by many ... I don't know if hypocrisy is something to be appreciated. Atlas Shrugged
    Last edited by Michael H; 09-06-11 at 01:02 PM.
    If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. Patton
    New opinions are always suspected, and usually opposed, without any other reason but because they are not already common. John Locke

  5. #605
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    [QUOTE=Conservative;1059779629]
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post

    Wonder how many of them live in the following cities? Any idea who runs those cities?

    Real Clear Thoughts The 10 Poorest Cities are All Run by Liberals
    Maybe you should stop wondering and engaging in innuendo and produce something that supports your argument -- if you have one.

  6. #606
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Now it has become a non sustainable program. People are expecting the money to be there, they haven't saved as a result, and the money won't be there. Ya say ya wanna revolution?
    Medicare came about partially because medical insurance companies didn't want to insure the old and infirm, no profit there. This is why Ryan's plan is so stupid.

  7. #607
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post

    You're argument suggests that people would have saved for retirement and medical care before SS and Medicare, but the facts do not bear that out. Poverty among the elederly is now 1/3 what it was before SS and Medicare.
    I'm saying that Americans got along without it for almost two centuries and were the wealthiest people in the world. Now these same people have become dependent on government handouts, everyone wants more from the public trough, the people are divided, the government is heavy in debt, and will be unable to pay it, businesses and people are leaving, and the call is for more government programs and regulations. I don't see a future in this.

  8. #608
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    [QUOTE=AdamT;1059779637]
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Maybe you should stop wondering and engaging in innuendo and produce something that supports your argument -- if you have one.
    Pretty simple, you continue to buy the rhetoric and remain loyal to an ideology that has created dependence for liberal social programs that have failed all over the country yet continue to support that failed ideology. Those major cities have been under Democrat control in some cases for decades, i.e. Detroit, yet the poverty continues, unemployment is extreme, and people remain dependent on liberalism. No wonder liberals never discuss actual results but continue to scare people like you do all the time.

  9. #609
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael H View Post
    I think Ayn Rand said pretty much the same ... until she went on the dole. Nice to have principles until you need help. Ayn Rand is looked up to by many ... I don't know if hypocrisy is something to be appreciated. Atlas Shrugged
    Your are correct, Ayn Rand did. She was also an atheist which is a position many on the Right who follow her abhor.

  10. #610
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Medicare came about partially because medical insurance companies didn't want to insure the old and infirm, no profit there. This is why Ryan's plan is so stupid.
    The medical insurance companies were working with the government to keep the rates high through a limitation on competition, and as a result of less free enterprise prices continued to climb.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •