Page 52 of 194 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 1936

Thread: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

  1. #511
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael H View Post
    Actually tariffs were the roadblock to GDP exports and the importance of having free trade allows the access to the American market.
    It's a bit of a pointless argument because protectionism won't work. It would only end up driving inflation through the roof.

  2. #512
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Another strawman. When did i compare this country's economy to China? When did i compare this country's wages with that of China?

    It is besides the point. If you want to destroy my credibility, you must do so in the context of our discussion; more specifically, by the content of my posts.

    Okun's law, fiscal multipliers, the growth rate relative to the rate of stimulus spending, and the output gap.

    WTF are you even talking about. Not sure what the Chinese current account has to do with the topic at hand.

    Consumer confidence will continue to closely mirror the credit conditions of consumers, and the solvency of global financial systems. When put into the proper context, how is the credit condition of consumers and the solvency of the global financial system?
    Well excuse me but did you not make the following post and if so why even mention China if you didn't want to compare this stimulus to theirs?

    The Chinese implement a stimulus package of about $586 billion (or 11.2% of GDP) for which $222 billion (4% of GDP) was attributed to public works.

    The United States implements a stimulus package of $787 billion (5.6% of GDP) for which $111 billion (0.8% of GDP) was attributed to public works, nearly three months after the Chinese stimulus package.

    What is so astounding is the success of such policy in China, even though the Chinese have a savings rate (which is critical to estimating the effectiveness) greater than the U.S. by many multiples.

  3. #513
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Maine
    Last Seen
    09-25-11 @ 12:44 PM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    157

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    It's a bit of a pointless argument because protectionism won't work. It would only end up driving inflation through the roof.
    We only have hundreds of years of history proving protectionism does work. And protectionism is selective ... low wage economies are where comparative advantage is lost. Also note the last money printing spree by the FED drove up hard assets ... not inflation.
    If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. Patton
    New opinions are always suspected, and usually opposed, without any other reason but because they are not already common. John Locke

  4. #514
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    My posts are filled with logic, common sense, and review of facts. Until you are comfortable with the theory that underpins our economic system, it will continue to be painfully troublesome for you to actually understand my arguments, much less provide a valid response.

    WE are in a liquidity trap. Fiscal policy combined with reformed immigration legislation is really the only way to circumvent such a reality.

    It was small in a both a relative sense and economic sense. But you actually have to have a strong understanding of the macroeconomy in order to put it together.

    Holy strawman. WTF does saving state jobs have to do with the post which you replied to? If you want to talk about state jobs and what not, start a thread. It is bad form to consistently interject random issues on a whim.
    Sorry, see no logic and common sense in any of your posts along with zero facts to support your claims. All are text book definitions and references which have nothing to do with the actual results generated. You need to get out in the real world and actually create something. Still waiting for your proof of your experience to even discuss the free market economy. I see an economists out of touch with reality.

    I do however see the results of liberalism and claims that the stimulus package didn't spend enough but never what that spending actually did. Let me help you

    Obama economic results in 2011, .4% GDP and 1% GDP growth in 2011, 25+ million unemployed or under employed Americans in 2011, 4 trillion added to the debt in less than 3 years, and a downgrade of the U.S. credit rating. Rising Misery index 7.83 to 12.67. 38-41% JAR and well over 50-55% disapproval ratings.

  5. #515
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Maine
    Last Seen
    09-25-11 @ 12:44 PM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    157

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Stimulus spending. Which was a waste ... unless you desired to stimulate China's economy.

    www.asranalytics.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/stimulus-bill-visualization-chart-graphic.gif
    Stimulus.jpg
    stimulus 2.jpg
    If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. Patton
    New opinions are always suspected, and usually opposed, without any other reason but because they are not already common. John Locke

  6. #516
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael H View Post
    We only have hundreds of years of history proving protectionism does work. And protectionism is selective ... low wage economies are where comparative advantage is lost. Also note the last money printing spree by the FED drove up hard assets ... not inflation.
    The world is a very different place now than it was then. You can't do selective protectionism. As soon as you put up trade barriers everyone else will retaliate by throwing up their own barriers.

  7. #517
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    He didn't promise what he delivered
    Again, you don't know what he promised so you don't know if he delivered.

    Let's start with you providing quotes of what you think he promised.

  8. #518
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post

    Did Frank prevent H.R.1461 from passing in the House in 2005 (the same year as the video you posted)? Yes or no?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Are you telling me that Barney Frank and the Democrats weren't promoting home ownership for the poor and minorities? Keep looking backwards which prevents you from seeing the results of today
    Who cares what they were promoting? They were in the minority party and couldn't prevent the Republican-led majority from passing oversight.

    I asked you a "yes" or "no" question, are you going to answer it or are you going to run away from it ... ?


    Did Frank prevent H.R.1461 from passing in the House in 2005? Yes or no?

  9. #519
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Maine
    Last Seen
    09-25-11 @ 12:44 PM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    157

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    The world is a very different place now than it was then. You can't do selective protectionism. As soon as you put up trade barriers everyone else will retaliate by throwing up their own barriers.
    Here is being selective ... the recession was caused by trade with China and outsourcing. Don't trade where there isn't reciprocity. Don't slouch on the benefits of trade like VAT's. Reciprocity. If you thought of America like a business ... then we almost went bankrupt on Aug 2 ... all because our business is losing hundreds of billions by maintaining a business relationship with China ... What got into the head of the Chairman of the Board of America ... did he forget he has stockholders?
    If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. Patton
    New opinions are always suspected, and usually opposed, without any other reason but because they are not already common. John Locke

  10. #520
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Again, you don't know what he promised so you don't know if he delivered.

    Let's start with you providing quotes of what you think he promised.
    I believe if you checked his campaign promises as well as the comments made by his administration you will see what he promised. I just showed what he delivered. Think he promised these results?

    Obama economic results in 2011, .4% GDP and 1% GDP growth in 2011, 25+ million unemployed or under employed Americans in 2011, 4 trillion added to the debt in less than 3 years, and a downgrade of the U.S. credit rating. Rising Misery index 7.83 to 12.67. 38-41% JAR and well over 50-55% disapproval ratings.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •