Page 47 of 194 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 1936

Thread: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

  1. #461
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,263

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Unlike many here results matter a lot more than rhetoric. Obama is horrible is a given but not unexpected by those who look at his resume. The economic policies of this Adminstration continue to promote the nanny state and who pays for that?
    The economic policies of this administration have been restrained from day one. Instead of a $1.5 trillion stimulus we get $800 billion. Instead of massive public works, we get tax cuts/breaks. Instead of real health care reform, we get a watered down version of what Massachusetts implemented. etc, etc....

    None the less, it is typical of those harnessed by ideology to point fingers rather than create a productive discussion.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  2. #462
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,326

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Break his argument? Repeating yourself until you are blue in the face is not an argument nor can it be considered productive to the discussion.
    Then it should be a breeze to destroy. Instead what I seem to see is a lot of personal attack, and little fact coming from liberals, and quasi intellectuals aimed at Conservative. I am quite sure the he would move on if there were even a chance that the numbers he posts in many threads now, were debunked. Now can you do that? Or just continue to use pejorative and name call, thus losing the argument?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #463
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,326

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    The economic policies of this administration have been restrained from day one. Instead of a $1.5 trillion stimulus we get $800 billion. Instead of massive public works, we get tax cuts/breaks. Instead of real health care reform, we get a watered down version of what Massachusetts implemented. etc, etc....

    None the less, it is typical of those harnessed by ideology to point fingers rather than create a productive discussion.
    So the stimulus didn't work because it wasn't big enough? Good luck with that one.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #464
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    The economic policies of this administration have been restrained from day one. Instead of a $1.5 trillion stimulus we get $800 billion. Instead of massive public works, we get tax cuts/breaks. Instead of real health care reform, we get a watered down version of what Massachusetts implemented. etc, etc....

    None the less, it is typical of those harnessed by ideology to point fingers rather than create a productive discussion.
    Just goes to show the lack of leadership of Obama, he delegated the responsibility for coming up with a stimulus plan when he had total control of the Congress with overwhelming numbers. The stimulus amount was enough but the way it was spent wasn't. Saving jobs that weren't federal responsibility did nothing to increase employment and thus govt. tax revenue or GDP growth. His so called tax cuts were targeted and did nothing for the job producers but did provide a rebate check to many that once gone were totally gone.

    With the economy declining and instead of focusing on growing that economy he came up with a job killer in the form of healthcare. Not sure what makes you an expert on what to do. Have you ever created a job, created anything of value, promoted community growth? Why is it the role of the Federal Govt. to handle local social issues and personal responsibility?

  5. #465
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,263

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Unfortunately for the Obama minions posting results aren't trumped by feelings and rhetoric
    Posting raw data without the proper context (or analysis) is of a knuckle-dragger's mentality. It is impossible to have a debate with someone who believes raw data, it and of itself, is a fact. Econometric analysis required to produce facts from the data you routinely present. Given you do not even understand the meaning of the term, do not expect anyone to take your statements you claim as fact with anything other than a grain of salt.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  6. #466
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Posting raw data without the proper context (or analysis) is of a knuckle-dragger's mentality. It is impossible to have a debate with someone who believes raw data, it and of itself, is a fact. Econometric analysis required to produce facts from the data you routinely present. Given you do not even understand the meaning of the term, do not expect anyone to take your statements you claim as fact with anything other than a grain of salt.
    Then put the data into context and tell me how a rebate check benefits the economy long term, or how universal healthcare provides incentive for small business to hire. Tell me how bailing out unions benefit the economy long term and costs to the consumer?

    What I see from you are personal attacks that never address the results or the economic policy implemented.

  7. #467
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So the stimulus didn't work because it wasn't big enough? Good luck with that one.

    j-mac
    That is nothing more than liberal arrogance who always claim that the previous groups of liberals never spent enough money. The Liberal Obama Administration and Congress created a 800+ billion stimulus plan that liberals today say wasn't enough or spent in the right areas. That is what liberals always do and have done throughout history

  8. #468
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I was talking about the total results of the Bush Administration, not just the job creation since you only mentioned Wolffe not his jobs' chart, but I do thank the Democrat Congress for their help in 2007-2008. They were awesome in their efforts especially Frank, Dodd, Obama, and of course Geithner.
    Perhaps you could show some specifics on your rhetoric?

  9. #469
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Sorry, but 30 years of tax cuts, deregulation and excessive greed by our financial sector did that...not to mention two unfunded wars and a prescription drug benefit, both of which went unpaid for. And then you have the issue of this country shifting from being a nation of manufacturers to a nation of consumers hooked on credit and debt. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this nation has had three Republican presidents for 20 of the last 30 years. If Republicans truly believed there was a disparity between taxation and our manufacturing base that was driving businesses abroad, why didn't they do something about this sooner?
    Well said. ..

  10. #470
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Perhaps you could show some specifics on your rhetoric?
    I have shown them but again what purpose does it serve since you ignore the results. Apparently as has been pointed out you prefer living in the past so as to not having to address the present. We have the Obama record TODAY that you don't want to discuss but instead want to focus on what happened during the Carter and compare that to Bush. How typical!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •