Page 29 of 194 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 1936

Thread: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

  1. #281
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    4 million jobs were lost in 2008 ... another 3.6 million jobs were lost between January of 2009 and the end of Bush's Great Recession in June of that year. Conservatives whine that Obama can't fix that.
    Looks like the public agrees with me as the Obama JAR continues to be under 40%. Seems only the brainwashed continue to support this incompetent, empty suit

  2. #282
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Looks like the public agrees with me as the Obama JAR continues to be under 40%. Seems only the brainwashed continue to support this incompetent, empty suit
    His approval rating today is 42%. You continually lie about the data.

  3. #283
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Using your numbers:

    2009 110981 110260 109473 108700 108374 107936 107649 107434 107221 106971 106937 106835
    gain/loss -721 -787 -773 -326 -438 -287 -215 -213 -250 -34 -102
    2010 106793 106772 106916 107145 107193 107258 107351 107461 107570 107713 107841 108008
    gain/loss -42 -21 144 229 48 65 93 110 109 143 128 167
    2011 108102 108363 108582 108823 108922 108997 109153 109170
    gain/loss 94 261 219 241 99 75 156 17
    Those aren't my numbers, those are bls numbers and show the net private sector job losses since Obama took office in January 2009. If you spend a trillion dollars shouldn't you generate better results? Let me know when he gets back to the same number he inherited

  4. #284
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Those aren't my numbers, those are bls numbers and show the net private sector job losses since Obama took office in January 2009. If you spend a trillion dollars shouldn't you generate better results? Let me know when he gets back to the same number he inherited
    You don't spend a trillion dollars and you get much worse results. As always, the problem isn't that Obama did too much -- it's that he did too little, thanks to conservative resistance.

  5. #285
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Using your numbers:

    2009 110981 110260 109473 108700 108374 107936 107649 107434 107221 106971 106937 106835
    gain/loss -721 -787 -773 -326 -438 -287 -215 -213 -250 -34 -102
    2010 106793 106772 106916 107145 107193 107258 107351 107461 107570 107713 107841 108008
    gain/loss -42 -21 144 229 48 65 93 110 109 143 128 167
    2011 108102 108363 108582 108823 108922 108997 109153 109170
    gain/loss 94 261 219 241 99 75 156 17
    I hope no one missed that last month's numbers make 18 months in a row that the private sector has gained payroll jobs to the tune of 2.4 million jobs.

  6. #286
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    What did Obama say or promise regarding jobs that went overseas? The facts are that he's not a king, only a lowly POTUS. The Democrats tried to get money for the 911 first responders by eliminating tax incentives companies get for moving jobs oversea, but the Republicans resisted.
    Let me address this first. The Republicans DID NOT have the numbers to resist.

    Obama promised to end tax breaks for companies that send jobs overseas. Not only did he not pursue that, he hired one of the biggest abusers as his jobs czar.

  7. #287
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Looks like the public agrees with me as the Obama JAR continues to be under 40%. Seems only the brainwashed continue to support this incompetent, empty suit
    Liar... Gallup = 42%

  8. #288
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    You don't spend a trillion dollars and you get much worse results. As always, the problem isn't that Obama did too much -- it's that he did too little, thanks to conservative resistance.
    The Republicans could not have stopped him from spending more. The public changed that in 2010 though.

  9. #289
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    I hope no one missed that last month's numbers make 18 months in a row that the private sector has gained payroll jobs to the tune of 2.4 million jobs.
    Yup, and Obama first year necessary credit was locked tighter than a drum from the Great Bush Recession.

  10. #290
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Those aren't my numbers, those are bls numbers and show the net private sector job losses since Obama took office in January 2009. If you spend a trillion dollars shouldn't you generate better results? Let me know when he gets back to the same number he inherited
    That money targeted 3 million jobs and had better results by saving and creating 3.5 million jobs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •