Page 186 of 194 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 1936

Thread: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

  1. #1851
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Since the end of the recession, there has been a net gain of 639,000 jobs according to payroll data.

    June, 2009: 130,493,000
    Aug: 2011: 131,132,000


    Bureau of Labor Statistics Data
    Which hasn't kept up with population growth and thus why Obama has a NET job loss since taking office. That is a fact which is what it is, nothing you say is going to change that.

    Congratulations, "your" president added 4 trillion to the debt to create a net job loss in 2011 from when he took office

  2. #1852
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Which hasn't kept up with population growth and thus why Obama has a NET job loss since taking office. That is a fact which is what it is, nothing you say is going to change that.

    Congratulations, "your" president added 4 trillion to the debt to create a net job loss in 2011 from when he took office
    Huh, you didn't seem to think that was an issue in Texas when we talked about rising unemployment there. I guess it only matters if you're talking about Obama.

  3. #1853
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Huh, you didn't seem to think that was an issue in Texas when we talked about rising unemployment there. I guess it only matters if you're talking about Obama.
    TX has more people working today than when Obama took office and when the recession started. Your point?

  4. #1854
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,253

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Which hasn't kept up with population growth and thus why Obama has a NET job loss since taking office.
    I do not believe anyone made the claim that job growth has kept up with population growth, and therefore your reply is a fallacy.

    From wiki:

    A straw man is a component of an argument and is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position. To "attack a straw man" is to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by replacing it with a superficially similar yet unequivalent proposition (the "straw man"), and refuting it, without ever having actually refuted the original position.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  5. #1855
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    TX has more people working today than when Obama took office and when the recession started. Your point?
    So does the U.S., since Obama took office. That's my point.

  6. #1856
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Which hasn't kept up with population growth and thus why Obama has a NET job loss since taking office. That is a fact which is what it is, nothing you say is going to change that.

    Congratulations, "your" president added 4 trillion to the debt to create a net job loss in 2011 from when he took office
    You're still lying. Obama did not add 4 trillion in debt. Bush's Great Recession did.

  7. #1857
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    I do not believe anyone made the claim that job growth has kept up with population growth, and therefore your reply is a fallacy.

    From wiki:
    A lie? there hasn't been a net job loss since Obama took office?

  8. #1858
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    So does the U.S., since Obama took office. That's my point.
    As stated the confidence by the consumer and business has been shattered by the Obama Administration and will not hire people and here is a reason why

    Regulation Nation: Drowning In Rules, Businesses Brace For Cost And Time For Compliance | Fox News

  9. #1859
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    TX has more people working today than when Obama took office and when the recession started. Your point?
    Ummm, not enough to keep up with population growth, just like with Obama.

  10. #1860
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    A lie? there hasn't been a net job loss since Obama took office?
    Only because we were hemorrhaging jobs to the tune of about 700,000 per month until the recession ended. How on Earth is that Obama's fault?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •