Page 185 of 194 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 1936

Thread: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

  1. #1841
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    The stimulus did generate positive results, as you just acknowledged. But it was too small to generate sufficient momentum. The recession -- big as it was -- was caused by a short-term real estate bubble. It wasn't caused by any long-term flaw that needs to be addressed right away.
    You really don't understand how our economy works. Short term stimulus was enough but did nothing to generate private sector growth thus was spent poorly so like all liberals you buy the rhetoric and double down on the request for raising taxes. If you want to pay more taxes and reward politicians, then reject your Bush tax cut and send in more money to the govt. Put your money where your mouth is

  2. #1842
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    I know that the dotcom bubble bursting caused the 2001 recession that was compounded by 9/11 but why the 2001
    Mind explaining how 9.11 compounded the 2001 recession since the recession ended just 2 months later?

  3. #1843
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You really don't understand how our economy works. Short term stimulus was enough but did nothing to generate private sector growth thus was spent poorly so like all liberals you buy the rhetoric and double down on the request for raising taxes. If you want to pay more taxes and reward politicians, then reject your Bush tax cut and send in more money to the govt. Put your money where your mouth is
    That's simply not true. Private sector job growth and manufacturing were both strong. They just weren't strong enough to be self-sustaining. Now the gains are being eroded mostly by weakness in PUBLIC sector employment.

  4. #1844
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    That's simply not true. Private sector job growth and manufacturing were both strong. They just weren't strong enough to be self-sustaining. Now the gains are being eroded mostly by weakness in PUBLIC sector employment.
    Look, Adam, Obama is responsible for the results today and don't know where you live or what you are looking at but the Obama approval rating on handling the economy says it all. 25 million plus million unemployed and under employed today and that is reality.

  5. #1845
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,253

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And it is reported by NBER that the recession ended in June 2009 so tell me why the economy isn't creating enough jobs to get back to even when Obama took office?
    The consumer continues to deleverage, and the producers in this country are unwilling to expand until the consumer regains confidence.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  6. #1846
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    With a Democrat Congress which you obviously want to ignore and the fact that there is a net job loss today 2 1/2 years later and 25 million unemployed or under employed 16.2%. It only cost trillions for those results.
    Umm, we've been through this 4,000 times ... The 2007 Demcorat-led Congress did not create Bush's Great Recession which also began 11 months later. How do you blame Democrats for a recession while Republicans controlled the House, Senate, and executive branch from 2003 through 2006?

  7. #1847
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Look, Adam, Obama is responsible for the results today and don't know where you live or what you are looking at but the Obama approval rating on handling the economy says it all. 25 million plus million unemployed and under employed today and that is reality.
    I wouldn't put too much faith in those numbers. The truth is that most people aren't economists. If the economy is bad they're going to say they like the economy is being handled, regardless of how it's actually being handled. They blamed Democrats in '10 and voted in a bunch of Republicans. Now the Republicans get even lower ratings than the Democrats.

  8. #1848
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post

    did you or did you not say:


    The 2001 recession began in March while Republicans controlled the Senate and Democrats didn't take control of the Senate until June, three months later.
    I did.

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post

    What else happened in September of 2001 that might have had an impact on the recession that Bush was starting to address which he inherited?

    Hmmmmm....Let's think real hard now.

    j-mac
    WTF??? The recession started in March, 6 months before 9.11.

    ... and it ended just 2 months after.
    Last edited by Sheik Yerbuti; 09-12-11 at 05:16 PM.

  9. #1849
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    That's simply not true. Private sector job growth and manufacturing were both strong. They just weren't strong enough to be self-sustaining. Now the gains are being eroded mostly by weakness in PUBLIC sector employment.
    Here are the numbers so the entire Obama economic plan

    Unemployed 14.7 million unemployed when the recession ended in June 2009 and 13.9 million unemployed today so for a trillion dollars we had a reduction in unemployment of 800 thousand in reported numbers

    2009 11919 12714 13310 13816 14518 14721 14534 14993 15159 15612 15340 15267
    2010 14837 14871 15005 15260 14973 14623 14599 14860 14767 14843 15119 14485
    2011 13863 13673 13542 13747 13914 14087 13931 13967

    Discouraged workers in June 2009 was 793,000 and today that is 977 thousand or more discouraged workers than when the recession ended thus reducing that 800K gain by 184K to 616K.

    Discouraged workers
    2008 467 396 401 412 400 420 461 381 467 484 608 642
    2009 734 731 685 740 792 793 796 758 706 808 861 929
    2010 1065 1204 994 1197 1083 1207 1185 1110 1209 1219 1282 1318
    2011 993 1020 921 989 822 982 977

    At the end of the recession in June 2009 there were 15.5 million unemployed and under employed Americans and today that is 14.9 showing that 600,000 gain since the endof the recession at a cost of a trillion dollars. These are terrible results and show why the public is not buying the Obama rhetoric

    Unemployed + Discouraged
    2008 8095 7831 8194 8043 8797 8980 9356 9890 10036 10656 11225 12042
    2009 12653 13445 13995 14556 15310 15514 15330 15751 15865 16420 16201 16196
    2010 15902 16075 15999 16457 16056 15830 15784 15970 15976 16062 16401 15803
    2011 14856 14693 14463 14736 14736 15069 15050 14944 0 0 0 0

  10. #1850
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Here are the numbers so the entire Obama economic plan

    Unemployed 14.7 million unemployed when the recession ended in June 2009 and 13.9 million unemployed today so for a trillion dollars we had a reduction in unemployment of 800 thousand in reported numbers

    2009 11919 12714 13310 13816 14518 14721 14534 14993 15159 15612 15340 15267
    2010 14837 14871 15005 15260 14973 14623 14599 14860 14767 14843 15119 14485
    2011 13863 13673 13542 13747 13914 14087 13931 13967

    Discouraged workers in June 2009 was 793,000 and today that is 977 thousand or more discouraged workers than when the recession ended thus reducing that 800K gain by 184K to 616K.

    Discouraged workers
    2008 467 396 401 412 400 420 461 381 467 484 608 642
    2009 734 731 685 740 792 793 796 758 706 808 861 929
    2010 1065 1204 994 1197 1083 1207 1185 1110 1209 1219 1282 1318
    2011 993 1020 921 989 822 982 977

    At the end of the recession in June 2009 there were 15.5 million unemployed and under employed Americans and today that is 14.9 showing that 600,000 gain since the endof the recession at a cost of a trillion dollars. These are terrible results and show why the public is not buying the Obama rhetoric

    Unemployed + Discouraged
    2008 8095 7831 8194 8043 8797 8980 9356 9890 10036 10656 11225 12042
    2009 12653 13445 13995 14556 15310 15514 15330 15751 15865 16420 16201 16196
    2010 15902 16075 15999 16457 16056 15830 15784 15970 15976 16062 16401 15803
    2011 14856 14693 14463 14736 14736 15069 15050 14944 0 0 0 0
    Since the end of the recession, there has been a net gain of 639,000 jobs according to payroll data.

    June, 2009: 130,493,000
    Aug: 2011: 131,132,000


    Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •