Page 162 of 194 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 1936

Thread: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

  1. #1611
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Only the brainwashed, braindead, and clueless. Bush had nothing to do with the 2011 results and the brainwashed, braindead, and clueless ignore that Obama was in the Congress that voted for the 2009 budget and was in charge of the legislative process from 2007-2008. The JAR of Obama shows that you are wrong that Obama isn't being held responsible NOW!
    WTF, check Bush's private sector jobs in his last 12 versus Obama's last 18 month's which have been in the positive territory.

    Bush's last 12 months in office -3830
    Obama's last 18 month's in office 2043



    As far as JAR goes, they measure different things, they don't show if he will be reelected. Besides the election is 14 months away and all you've got is Perry and maybe Romney.

  2. #1612
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    Maybe, but if that is the best answer you can come up with, it just proves you don't have anything. There was no Bush policy changes that lead to the housing crisis.

    Now we've had this housing crisis for three years now, show me an effective policy change that has helped cure it ?
    Really? The states tried to get predatory loaning by Federally chartered banks under control, but Bush stopped them.

    Eliot Spitzer - Predatory Lenders' Partner in Crime

  3. #1613
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    03-23-13 @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,265

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Really? The states tried to get predatory loaning by Federally chartered banks under control, but Bush stopped them.

    Eliot Spitzer - Predatory Lenders' Partner in Crime
    well I can agree that there were some “stupid leading” practices being used, I have to go right back to the consumer, they should be held just as responsible, or even more so, for taking out any loan as the bank offering them.

    As you own link provides, there was “nothing” new passed to provide less or more restriction of these loans. Hind sight is a wonderful thing, but I would have loved to see the liberal reaction to anything being done in 2003 to restrict home ownership. I could see the headlines now, Bush against home ownership, Bush hates the middle class taking away chance of home ownership. You would have been right their, expressing your hatred of Bush …. and you know it.

    Maybe you should do a search of how the lowering of our lending practices got started to begin with.

    Or how Banks were in a sense being forced to make bad loans .. Obama Sued Citibank Under CRA to Force it to Make Bad Loans – UPDATED The IUSB Vision Weblog

    But no, like a true liberal, why of course it's all Bush's fault .. go ahead take the easy way out … and duck responsibility after all isn't that the way of all good liberals, deny responsibility, and blame someone else?

  4. #1614
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    IMO most of the bad sh*t that was done to precipitate the financial crisis took place in '99 and '00, with bipartisan support. Primarily it consisted of Gramm Leach Blilely and the Commidities Futures Modernization Act. Phil Gramm was the principle mover in both of those Acts, but they were supported by Rubin and signed by Clinton. They may have sounded like good ideas at the time, but Bush and the Congress should have reacted when they resulted in an enormous explosion of derivatives trading. That trading, coupled with Greenspan's loose money supply and Bush's tax cuts, helped drive the housing bubble through the roof.

  5. #1615
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    03-23-13 @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,265

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    WTF, check Bush's private sector jobs in his last 12 versus Obama's last 18 month's which have been in the positive territory.

    Bush's last 12 months in office -3830
    Obama's last 18 month's in office 2043



    As far as JAR goes, they measure different things, they don't show if he will be reelected. Besides the election is 14 months away and all you've got is Perry and maybe Romney.

    Well every one keeps debating on Obama getting elected, personally I hope he does. I would say the chances of Democrats losing the Senate is over 90% just because of the numbers, there are 34 or 35 senate seats up for re-election, of which 24 are held by Democrats. There only needs to be a net increase of 4 seats switching to Republicans for that to happen. When that happens, Obama is powerless. His veto pen will show where he really stands.

    Aside from that, it's going to be a different type of election, because this time, he will have his record to either use, or be used against him. Thus far, most would say used against him, but as you say he does have some time to change that. But either way, he can't run on hope and change again, and try as he might, He can't run against the Bush policies, well other then in the mind of far left liberals like yourself.
    Last edited by The Barbarian; 09-11-11 at 01:13 PM.

  6. #1616
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    03-23-13 @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,265

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    IMO most of the bad sh*t that was done to precipitate the financial crisis took place in '99 and '00, with bipartisan support. Primarily it consisted of Gramm Leach Blilely and the Commidities Futures Modernization Act. Phil Gramm was the principle mover in both of those Acts, but they were supported by Rubin and signed by Clinton. They may have sounded like good ideas at the time, but Bush and the Congress should have reacted when they resulted in an enormous explosion of derivatives trading. That trading, coupled with Greenspan's loose money supply and Bush's tax cuts, helped drive the housing bubble through the roof.
    Thank you ... I can agree with that post ..... would only just add .... can you imagine the headlines if Bush had of acted to slow things, moving banks back to higher lending standards ? The press and most liberals would have screamed bloody murder. That is the problem with politics, doing something to ward of impending problems is never greeted well, because if you do ward off the problem, there will be always someone saying it wouldn't have happened to begin with...... Now that said, please understand, I agree Bush and congress still should have taken those steps ..

  7. #1617
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Only the brainwashed, braindead, and clueless. Bush had nothing to do with the 2011 results and the brainwashed, braindead, and clueless ignore that Obama was in the Congress that voted for the 2009 budget and was in charge of the legislative process from 2007-2008. The JAR of Obama shows that you are wrong that Obama isn't being held responsible NOW!
    So it's the Democrat-led Congress that is responsible for the massive job loss between mid-2008 through mid 2009 and it's the Democrat president that's responsible for it in 2011?

    When is the Republican-led Congress in 2003, 2004, 2005, or 2006 responsible? When is the Republican president from 2001 through 2008 responsible?

  8. #1618
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    No President in modern history had the overwhelming numbers of his own party in Congress when he took office. Republicans couldn't stop anything Obama wanted thus your claims about filibustering is nothing more than leftwing rhetoric from leftwing sources. Keep ignoring the Obama record NOW, 2 1/2 years after he took office.

    No president taking over the office of president in modern history was handed an unemployment rate of 7.8%

    No president taking over the office of president in modern history was handed an underemployment rate of 14%

    No president taking over the office of president in modern history was handed an economy with 22 million underemployed.

    No president taking over the office of president in modern history was handed a GDP as low as -8.9%

    No president taking over the office of president in modern history was handed a budget with a trillion dollar short fall.

    No president taking over the office of president in modern history was handed a debt approching 11 trillion dollars.

    No president taking over the office of president in modern history was handed a housing market with over 3 million homes in foreclosure.

  9. #1619
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    How many months did Bush lose 700,000 jobs? Bush ended up with a net job gain and after 2 1/2 years plus of Obama we have a net job loss, that is reality.
    Umm, at this point into Bush's term, 31 months after being sworn in, he too had aq net loss of jobs. And the economy he was handed by Clinton was nowhere near as bad as what he dumped on Obama.

  10. #1620
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    As you've pointed out so many times, entitlement funding is now owned by general funding (your IOUs), so it's rather a moot point.
    Where do you think the money is going to come from to pay for those IOU's? Entitlement funding was NEVER supposed to be owned by the General Fund. Amazing how you try and justify liberal spending and programs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •