Page 161 of 194 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 1936

Thread: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

  1. #1601
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,297

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    No president ever has "total control" of Congress. Obama had a 60 seat majority in the Senate. Republicans filibustered nearly everything, meaning that in order to pass anything, Obama either needed 100% support from Dems or minimal support from Republicans -- neither of which is a particularly reasonable expectation. In effect Obama's 60 seat majority was no better than Bush's 50/50 split with Cheney as the deciding vote. Actually it was worse, as Democrats actually didn't vote against everything Bush proposed like a bunch of lemmings.
    Do you realize what you are saying, that no President can do anything without Congressional support? Bush couldn't get anything done with a Democrat controlled Congress which wasn't a 50-50 Senate in 2007-2008. How you can blame Bush and not Obama just shows how partisan you really are.

  2. #1602
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    03-23-13 @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,265

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    "Thanks to our policies, home ownership in America is at an all-time high." ~ George Bush, 9.2.2004, RNC acceptance speech


    You're welcome
    Maybe, but if that is the best answer you can come up with, it just proves you don't have anything. There was no Bush policy changes that lead to the housing crisis.

    Now we've had this housing crisis for three years now, show me an effective policy change that has helped cure it ?

  3. #1603
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Do you realize what you are saying, that no President can do anything without Congressional support? Bush couldn't get anything done with a Democrat controlled Congress which wasn't a 50-50 Senate in 2007-2008. How you can blame Bush and not Obama just shows how partisan you really are.
    It is indeed a fact that a president cannot pass legislation on his own. Is that news to you?

    And again, Democrats are not mindless lemmings like today's republicans. In fact Democrats supported Bush's TARP bill. In fact, it was Republicans who voted AGAINST the first TARP bill, with Democrats supporting it. And that, of course, led to the Lehman/stock market crash.

  4. #1604
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,297

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    It is indeed a fact that a president cannot pass legislation on his own. Is that news to you?

    And again, Democrats are not mindless lemmings like today's republicans. In fact Democrats supported Bush's TARP bill. In fact, it was Republicans who voted AGAINST the first TARP bill, with Democrats supporting it. And that, of course, led to the Lehman/stock market crash.
    Spoken like a true liberal partisan, when Congress does what you want then liberalism is great but when they don't, they are mindless lemmings? Thanks for that explanation that shows who you are. Got it, liberal Democrats good, moderate and conservative Democrats bad. You keep ignoring history, civics, and now reality. "Your" President is an empty suit, incompetent that lacks leadership skills. He is responsible for the results today and that is reality.

  5. #1605
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    03-23-13 @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,265

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Well no matter how much you claim that Social Security in a Ponzi scheme, it doesn't make it true. For you to claim that it is makes you look foolish and ignorant. Ponzi schemes are fraudulent because they entice investors by offering big rewards, but quickly run out of cash leaving future investors with nothing.

    Gov. Perry may get the nomination with his rhetoric, but it come back to bite him in the ass in the general. Romney is also on shaky ground too because he has suggested privatizing Social Security in the past. Obama is blessed.
    you are only somewhat right, yes a ponzi scheme rewards those first investing in them the most. Where as later investors could lose out, and often do.
    The difference between the illegal ponzi scheme and the government ponzi scheme, is the government forces participation it theirs.

    There is no real difference other then that, any ponzi scheme, is the same, you take money from new investors ( people still working) to pay those that have already invested ( those drawing SS) there is no holding of anything of value, there is no business venture, it's simply using cash from new investors to pay off those that have invested.. Had someone like Madoff been able to force people to invest in his ponzi scheme he would still be in business.

  6. #1606
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Spoken like a true liberal partisan, when Congress does what you want then liberalism is great but when they don't, they are mindless lemmings? Thanks for that explanation that shows who you are. Got it, liberal Democrats good, moderate and conservative Democrats bad. You keep ignoring history, civics, and now reality. "Your" President is an empty suit, incompetent that lacks leadership skills. He is responsible for the results today and that is reality.
    Interesting. Pointing out that Democrats are less partisan than Republicans makes me a liberal partisan.

  7. #1607
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    you are only somewhat right, yes a ponzi scheme rewards those first investing in them the most. Where as later investors could lose out, and often do.
    The difference between the illegal ponzi scheme and the government ponzi scheme, is the government forces participation it theirs.

    There is no real difference other then that, any ponzi scheme, is the same, you take money from new investors ( people still working) to pay those that have already invested ( those drawing SS) there is no holding of anything of value, there is no business venture, it's simply using cash from new investors to pay off those that have invested.. Had someone like Madoff been able to force people to invest in his ponzi scheme … he would still be in business.
    Social Security is not a ponzi scheme, bottom line. People who have paid in will get their benefits.

  8. #1608
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,297

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Interesting. Pointing out that Democrats are less partisan than Republicans makes me a liberal partisan.
    Interesting that you don't know the difference between entitlement funding and general budget funding. If we default on general funding how are you hurt vs defaulting on giving you your money back?

  9. #1609
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,297

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Social Security is not a ponzi scheme, bottom line. People who have paid in will get their benefits.
    Yes, they will get money back because the govt. will borrow or print more money making what they get less valuable something you will never understand. Is it a good thing to take your money and spend it on something that you will never get back, i.e. general fund items?

  10. #1610
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Interesting that you don't know the difference between entitlement funding and general budget funding. If we default on general funding how are you hurt vs defaulting on giving you your money back?
    As you've pointed out so many times, entitlement funding is now owned by general funding (your IOUs), so it's rather a moot point.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •