Page 156 of 194 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 1936

Thread: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

  1. #1551
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Maine
    Last Seen
    09-25-11 @ 12:44 PM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    157

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Somebody asked on a different forum ... name 3 things you like that Obama accomplished. I perused all the lists and came up with zero.

    Comparing Bush and Obama for results is impossible. Here's why

    1.Bush manufacturing being exported ... housing starts very high.

    2.Obama manufacturing exported, outsourcing growing ... **** housing starts.

    Which economy would you chose? I chose Bushes economy.

    Personally for issues that matter ... I think they are twins ... just different color skin.
    If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. Patton
    New opinions are always suspected, and usually opposed, without any other reason but because they are not already common. John Locke

  2. #1552
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Who's responsible for the 2 million jobs lost in the first 4 months of Obama presidency? In fact the whole first year credit was tied up tighter than a drum, who's responsible for that?
    What was the Democrat Controlled Congress doing from January 2007 to January 2011? Looks to me like they were more concerned about regaining the WH than doing their job but it is easier to blame Bush and ignore what Obama has done 2 1/2 years after taking office. why blame Bush for what Obama approved and the Democrat Congress passed. The 2009 budget was approved with total Democrat support including Obama's and the legislative process was totally controlled by the Democrats yet you still blame Bush. I can get you all a group rate for your BDS

  3. #1553
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Yep, isn't that terrible, Obama thought is was so bad that he increased it.
    Yes, 15%.

    But it increased 93% under Bush.

    Conservative: "Bush, 4 more years!"

    Conservative: "Obama, impeach!"

  4. #1554
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael H View Post
    Somebody asked on a different forum ... name 3 things you like that Obama accomplished. I perused all the lists and came up with zero.

    Comparing Bush and Obama for results is impossible. Here's why

    1.Bush manufacturing being exported ... housing starts very high.

    2.Obama manufacturing exported, outsourcing growing ... **** housing starts.

    Which economy would you chose? I chose Bushes economy.

    Personally for issues that matter ... I think they are twins ... just different color skin.

    Bush's economy wound up with a negative 9% GDP and financial institutions teetering on the brink of insolvency.

  5. #1555
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Yes, 15%.

    But it increased 93% under Bush.

    Conservative: "Bush, 4 more years!"

    Conservative: "Obama, impeach!"
    Tell that to the 25 million plus unemployed and under employed. Let me know what they say?

  6. #1556
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Guess they were having problems finding shovels for those shovel ready jobs that the Obama administration said would keep unemployment from exceeding 8%
    Nope, those folks were victims of Bush's Great Recession. The one which lost 8 million jobs in 18 months. No one in their right mind would expect us to go from losing 700,000+ jobs per month to gaining jobs in just a few months after Obama's stimulus passed. It was a stimulus package, not a magic wand.

  7. #1557
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-12 @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Bush's economy wound up with a negative 9% GDP and financial institutions teetering on the brink of insolvency.
    Obama's economy has a 9.1% unemployment rate and is teetering on the brink of bankruptcy.

    Again, pick your poison.

  8. #1558
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Bush's economy wound up with a negative 9% GDP and financial institutions teetering on the brink of insolvency.
    That is total and complete bull**** but you are known for that. You judge the Bush Administration for the last year and the first 2 1/2 years of Obama. Will this ever become the Obama economy? Doesn't matter apparently that he had total control of the Congress for two years and Democrats controlled the Congress two years prior. Amazing how that little fact escapes liberals.

  9. #1559
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Nope, those folks were victims of Bush's Great Recession. The one which lost 8 million jobs in 18 months. No one in their right mind would expect us to go from losing 700,000+ jobs per month to gaining jobs in just a few months after Obama's stimulus passed. It was a stimulus package, not a magic wand.
    Let's see how they vote in 2012, the Obama record is quite telling to everyone but those with BDS.

    Obama economic results in 2011, .4% GDP and 1% GDP growth in 2011, 25+ million unemployed or under employed Americans in 2011, 4 trillion added to the debt in less than 3 years, and a downgrade of the U.S. credit rating. Rising Misery index 7.83 to 12.67. 38-41% JAR and well over 50-55% disapproval ratings.

  10. #1560
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    What was the Democrat Controlled Congress doing from January 2007 to January 2011? Looks to me like they were more concerned about regaining the WH than doing their job but it is easier to blame Bush and ignore what Obama has done 2 1/2 years after taking office. why blame Bush for what Obama approved and the Democrat Congress passed. The 2009 budget was approved with total Democrat support including Obama's and the legislative process was totally controlled by the Democrats yet you still blame Bush. I can get you all a group rate for your BDS
    Why are you blaming the Democrat-led Congress of 2007 for the damage done to our economy which occurred from 2003 on when Republicans failed to pass oversight of the GSE's during all of the years they controlled the Congress?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •