Page 153 of 194 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 1936

Thread: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

  1. #1521
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Already told you I stand by my statement and there are a lot of people who agree with me. Technically it is a ponzi scheme because it requires younger workers to keep it viable and that is how a ponzi scheme workers although maybe not younger workers but rather new suckers. Now if you want to continue this start a new thread or just keep running from the disaster "your" President is.
    A lot of people onced believe the world was flat. Didn't make it so. It matters not what you're willing to accept. What matters are the facts, and factually it is not a ponzi scheme.

    And do remember, the ponzi scheme conversation is one you started.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #1522
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    No, "technically," it's not. It's only a ponzi scheme when you alter the definition of what a ponzi scheme is. By your definition, my homeowners insurance is a ponzi scheme since it is also requires others to participate, otherwise I can't collect when damage occurs to my house.
    Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Obama has 25 plus million unemployed and under employed Americans, more unemployment than when he took office, a smaller labor force, and more discouraged workers dropping out of the labor force. you want to give him four more years?

  3. #1523
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    A lot of people onced believe the world was flat. Didn't make it so. It matters not what you're willing to accept. What matters are the facts, and factually it is not a ponzi scheme.

    And do remember, the ponzi scheme conversation is one you started.
    Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Obama has 25 plus million unemployed and under employed Americans, more unemployment than when he took office, a smaller labor force, and more discouraged workers dropping out of the labor force. you want to give him four more years?

  4. #1524
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Obama has 25 plus million unemployed and under employed Americans, more unemployment than when he took office, a smaller labor force, and more discouraged workers dropping out of the labor force. you want to give him four more years?
    we've been through this. You believe government is the answer, and what government to hire people. I know it shouldn't work that way entirely. I'm just not as lieral as you.

    But this dosen't change you don't know what a ponzi scheme is. Or change the fact you have trouble admitting when you're wrong.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #1525
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Please feel free to put the Bush/Obama record side by side using averages.
    Number of underemployed at the start of Bush's term: 10,497,400
    Number of underemployed at the end of Bush's term: 21,585,900
    11,088,500 more people underemployed during Bush's term.

    Number of underemployed at the start of Obama's term: 21,585,900
    Number of underemployed so far into Obama's term: 24,882,228
    3,296,328 more people underemployed during Obama's term.

    Average growth of underemployment during Bush's 96 months in office: 115,505

    Average growth of underemployment during Obama's 31 months in office: 106,333

    G'head ... this is where you kvetch that I'm off-topic and suffer from BDS for responding to your challenge.


  6. #1526
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Employers add no net jobs in Aug
    Thanks for finally admitting that we had a net gain of 23 million jobs while Clinton was president. Compared to 1 million while Bush was president.

  7. #1527
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    04-26-13 @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,404
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Already told you I stand by my statement and there are a lot of people who agree with me. Technically it is a ponzi scheme because it requires younger workers to keep it viable and that is how a ponzi scheme workers although maybe not younger workers but rather new suckers. Now if you want to continue this start a new thread or just keep running from the disaster "your" President is.
    I am with you lets get back on topic all of this talk about a Texas Republican sponsoring a bill that would make it legal to hire illegal immigrants and Texas giving financial aid to illegals attending college is just diverting from the thread topic

    If I ran a company "sh-t I do" would I want to hire employees now? Okay I mean I lean towards being a liberal so lets create a senario that changes my political leaning to a conservative republican and maybe like you I want Texas Givernor Perry to be the next President because under Guv Perry the corporate tax rate goes down, regulations get repealed, SS is privatised, Dodd Frank is repealed and the real biggy I can hire a illegal house keeper and if I don't know that illegals are illegals and how could I because every time I ask them they respond by saying no comprenday ingles senor. So the question is would I want to hire legal workers and help bring down the unemployment rate or would I wait and hope that a bad economy would get Guv Perry elected, I think it is a no brainer I will just hire illegals until Guv Perry and his hat and horse are residing in the White House

    Now honestly what would you do if you still ran a 200,000,000 dollar company with 1200 employees?

  8. #1528
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    A lot of people onced believe the world was flat. Didn't make it so. It matters not what you're willing to accept. What matters are the facts, and factually it is not a ponzi scheme.

    And do remember, the ponzi scheme conversation is one you started.
    Really? You believe I started the SS off topic discussion?

    Originally Posted by pbrauer

    With Bain Capital, Mitt Romney was a job killer AND Perry stupidly told the nation that SS is a Ponzi scheme. Do you remember when in 2005 Bush decided to spend his political capital on privatizing SS? It didn't go so well for him.

  9. #1529
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Number of underemployed at the start of Bush's term: 10,497,400
    Number of underemployed at the end of Bush's term: 21,585,900
    11,088,500 more people underemployed during Bush's term.

    Number of underemployed at the start of Obama's term: 21,585,900
    Number of underemployed so far into Obama's term: 24,882,228
    3,296,328 more people underemployed during Obama's term.

    Average growth of underemployment during Bush's 96 months in office: 115,505

    Average growth of underemployment during Obama's 31 months in office: 106,333

    G'head ... this is where you kvetch that I'm off-topic and suffer from BDS for responding to your challenge.

    August 2011, 2 1/2 years after Obama took office

    Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Obama has 25 plus million unemployed and under employed Americans, more unemployment than when he took office, a smaller labor force, and more discouraged workers dropping out of the labor force. you want to give him four more years?

  10. #1530
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    I am with you lets get back on topic all of this talk about a Texas Republican sponsoring a bill that would make it legal to hire illegal immigrants and Texas giving financial aid to illegals attending college is just diverting from the thread topic

    If I ran a company "sh-t I do" would I want to hire employees now? Okay I mean I lean towards being a liberal so lets create a senario that changes my political leaning to a conservative republican and maybe like you I want Texas Givernor Perry to be the next President because under Guv Perry the corporate tax rate goes down, regulations get repealed, SS is privatised, Dodd Frank is repealed and the real biggy I can hire a illegal house keeper and if I don't know that illegals are illegals and how could I because every time I ask them they respond by saying no comprenday ingles senor. So the question is would I want to hire legal workers and help bring down the unemployment rate or would I wait and hope that a bad economy would get Guv Perry elected, I think it is a no brainer I will just hire illegals until Guv Perry and his hat and horse are residing in the White House

    Now honestly what would you do if you still ran a 200,000,000 dollar company with 1200 employees?
    Start another thread, let me know when you do, and I will be happy to join you there and discuss those issues. Until then this thread is as follows and so are Obama's results

    Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Obama has 25 plus million unemployed and under employed Americans, more unemployment than when he took office, a smaller labor force, and more discouraged workers dropping out of the labor force. you want to give him four more years?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •