Page 115 of 194 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1936

Thread: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

  1. #1141
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,268

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    So your position is it was better for Bush to do nothing and hope we would not be attacked rather than take some proactive action because Liberals would scream bloody murder?

    Clinton was pushing for more domestic counter-terrorism measures in the face Republicans screaming bloody murder, do you think he should have shied away from doing so because he feared the opposition party?
    Why are you even reliving this? Get over your BDS, this is embarrassing. Nothing you say or anything we counter is going to change what happened 10 years ago, but we can do a lot about what is going on right now. "Your" President is a disaster NOW and the results show it, results that will be on the ballot in 2012. Listening to "your" President tonight? Analyze it for us and tell us what is different from Stimulus One that failed to do anything but increase the debt

  2. #1142
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,268

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    That's a strawman. What's fraudulent about it?
    Aw, that is your problem, the legality of it knowing that ponzi schemes are illegal? SS is a legal ponzi scheme where your money is paying for someone else and when you retire someone else will pay for yours. How isn't that a Ponzi scheme?

  3. #1143
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    04-26-13 @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,404
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I don't think Pb has a clue about SS and he claims he is retired. All he cares about is getting a check and doesn't care who he gets it from nor does he care where his contribution went or who it pays.
    You are either ignorant of the facts or an abject liar

    Office of Payroll Administration

    Office of Payroll Administration

    Most employees and employers each pay up to 7.65% of PAYROLLcovered wages for social security and Medicare taxes. Together these taxes comprise FICA ...
    Take out your calculator and add 7.65% plus 7.65% and what do you get 15.30%? Thats what every working american pays and has paid to secure a retirement pension. I won't have you or anyone else steal 15.30% of my pay for the over 40 years that I worked. But I hope that you and your conservative buddies stick your fingers into the SS pot that millions of Americans have paid into all of thier working lifes.

  4. #1144
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post

    yep and right after that it says “The FBI is conducting approximately 70 full flied investigations throughout the US that it considers Bin Ladin related. CIA and the FBI are investigating a call to our Embassy in the UAE in may saying that a group of Bin Ladin supporters was in the US planning attacks with explosives.”

    But I guess that really couldn't have been going on .. .because according to you . . why Bush just turned his back on terrorism right ? Now remember we have 35 days from that report to 9/11 and no I repeat .. NO specific intel on anything
    Riiight, Bush needed to know which airlines, flight number and seat assignments, in order to do something, anything, about a potential hijacking that he was warned about before 9.11.

    Please, he didn't think it was important enough to interrupt a book-reading with 7 year olds after learning a second plane hit the WTC and that America was under attack.

  5. #1145
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    You are either ignorant of the facts or an abject liar



    Take out your calculator and add 7.65% plus 7.65% and what do you get 15.30%? Thats what every working american pays and has paid to secure a retirement pension. I won't have you or anyone else steal 15.30% of my pay for the over 40 years that I worked. But I hope that you and your conservative buddies stick your fingers into the SS pot that millions of Americans have paid into all of thier working lifes.
    why do you support the government stealing that out of your paycheck when anyone with an IQ of normal or better can invest that money at far better rates



  6. #1146
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,268

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    You are either ignorant of the facts or an abject liar



    Take out your calculator and add 7.65% plus 7.65% and what do you get 15.30%? Thats what every working american pays and has paid to secure a retirement pension. I won't have you or anyone else steal 15.30% of my pay for the over 40 years that I worked. But I hope that you and your conservative buddies stick your fingers into the SS pot that millions of Americans have paid into all of thier working lifes.
    LOL, what is secure about it? You haven't a clue as you have no idea where your contributions are going because like all liberals you never do any research and buy everything another liberal tells you. SS has had the surplus on budget for decades meaning that after the yearly payouts if there was a surplus instead of saving that surplus for your retirement it was spent on everything other than SS. You don't understand that? It is scary that people like you think the way you do and never research before making dumb statements

  7. #1147
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    SS has the same results of a Ponzi scheme and it was right of Perry to claim it is time to tell it like it is. Your money contributed was paid to someone else and someone else's money is paid to you. What do you call that?
    Insurance...

  8. #1148
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    What would you call SS if not a Ponzi scheme?
    Insurance....

  9. #1149
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    04-26-13 @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,404
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    LOL, what is secure about it? You haven't a clue as you have no idea where your contributions are going because like all liberals you never do any research and buy everything another liberal tells you. SS has had the surplus on budget for decades meaning that after the yearly payouts if there was a surplus instead of saving that surplus for your retirement it was spent on everything other than SS. You don't understand that? It is scary that people like you think the way you do and never research before making dumb statements
    More total BS from you, monies "borrowed" from the SS Trust Fund were guaranteed with US Treasury Securities

    Social Security Trust Fund - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    The "Social Security Trust Fund" comprises two separate funds that hold federal government debt obligations related to what are traditionally thought of as Social Security benefits. The larger of these funds is the Old-Age and Survivors Insurance (OASI) Trust Fund, which holds in trust special interest-bearing federal government securities bought with surplus OASI payroll tax revenues.[3] The second, smaller fund is the Disability Insurance (DI) Trust Fund, which holds in trust more of the special interest-bearing federal government securities, bought with surplus DI payroll tax revenues.[4]

    The trust funds are "off-budget" and treated separately in certain ways from other federal spending, and other trust funds of the Federal Government. From the U.S. Code:


    EXCLUSION OF SOCIAL SECURITY FROM ALL BUDGETS Pub. L. 101-508, title XIII, Sec. 13301(a), Nov. 5, 1990, 104Stat. 1388-623, provided that: Notwithstanding any other provision of law, the receipts and disbursements of the Federal Old-Age and Survivors Insurance Trust Fund and the Federal Disability Insurance Trust Fund shall not be counted as new budget authority, outlays, receipts, or deficit or surplus for purposes of - (1) the budget of the United States Government as submitted by the President, (2) the congressional budget, or (3) the Balanced Budget and Emergency Deficit Control Act of 1985.

    The trust funds run surpluses in that the amount paid in by current workers is more than the amount paid out to current beneficiaries. These surpluses are given to the U.S. Treasury (and thus become part of the general federal budget) in exchange for special U.S. government securities, which are deposited into the trust funds. If the trust funds begin running deficits, meaning more in benefits are paid out than contributions paid in, the Social Security Administration is empowered to redeem the securities and use those funds to cover the deficit.
    You can read right?

  10. #1150
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Why are you even reliving this?
    Because it's being discussed. If that's a problem for you, why are you contributing to the discussion?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •