Page 11 of 194 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 1936

Thread: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

  1. #101
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,320

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    People don't have money today because companies aren't hiring due to liberal economic policies as the results show. You hired Obama to fix the economy you claim was broken and he has failed. Now you want to give him four more years of failure. The results speak for themselves, keep running from them.
    Which liberal economic policies are causing companies not to hire?
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  2. #102
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    People don't have money today because companies aren't hiring due to liberal economic policies as the results show. You hired Obama to fix the economy you claim was broken and he has failed. Now you want to give him four more years of failure. The results speak for themselves, keep running from them.
    You're wrong, companies are not hiring because there is not enough demand. Supply side economics is a dismal failure, which only cultist believe anymore.

    Adam Smith 1776

  3. #103
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,126
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Can you please tell me why the economy went into the toilet during "The Bush Years?"
    Where ya been Pete?

    The housing market and mortgage lenders crashed, which was casued by the failed CRA, a policy instituted and enforced by the previous 2 democratic administrations.

    Now Pete, tell us all why it is Obama's economic policies have completely failed to revive the US economy... and do us all a favor, and stop blaming Bush and republicans for HIS policy failures... It's really getting quite old.

  4. #104
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,255

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    Historically, when supply side economics are in place, America has done poorly... particularly when compared to a more demand oriented system. A system that benefits the people more than businesses.

    Actually unions made America the greatest economic power in the world. Unions created a strong middle class which has been the engine of American business and its financial success.
    Define doing poorly? Supply side creates demand and rewards people for their own initiative, drive, and creativity. Economic results prove you wrong and Obama is a perfect example of govt. overreach destroying supply side.

    Unions served their purpose and have outlived their usefulness. Something to think about.

    Shelby Steele: Obama and the Burden of Exceptionalism - WSJ.com

  5. #105
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    All the conservative hypocrisy continues.

    1. Most conservatives in the US hate the government and dont consider government jobs as real jobs.
    2. Private sector jobs went UP!
    3. Public sector jobs went DOWN!

    End result, conservatives use this positive conservative job reports as a negative!

    Yes it was not good enough on the private sector job growth, and all that, but it pisses me off how disingenuous the US conservative movement is on this issue (and many others). Conservatives should be happy the public sector is loosing jobs.. it is money saved according them after all!!

    And then add to the fact that the reason private sector is not adding more jobs is in large part because of the conservatives themselves and their freaking party of NO!
    PeteEU

  6. #106
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Define doing poorly? Supply side creates demand and rewards people for their own initiative, drive, and creativity.
    So with historically low effective tax rates and historically low capital gains tax where is the demand that supply side economics dictates ?

  7. #107
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,255

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    So with historically low effective tax rates and historically low capital gains tax where is the demand that supply side economics dictates ?
    Obamacare isn't low tax rates and increases the cost of hiring as do regulations and the demonization of profits.

  8. #108
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,320

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Define doing poorly?
    Doing poorly is when the actual backbone of the economy is crumbling. Erosion of the middle class (the backbone of America) has increased greatly under Republicans using supply side economics. Another sign of failing economic system is the general increase of deficits.

    National debt by U.S. presidential terms - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Supply side creates demand and rewards people for their own initiative, drive, and creativity.
    Supply side does not create demand, it creates production.. hence the term supply side. Without demand to drive production, there is no reason to continue to produce let alone increase production and from that, increase staff.
    Economic results prove you wrong and Obama is a perfect example of govt. overreach destroying supply side.
    Please give examples of Obama's overreaching so we can discuss.
    Unions served their purpose and have outlived their usefulness. Something to think about.

    Shelby Steele: Obama and the Burden of Exceptionalism - WSJ.com
    People banning together towards a common goal of mutual benefit will NEVER outlive it's usefulness.
    Last edited by Tettsuo; 09-02-11 at 02:17 PM.
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  9. #109
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,255

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    All the conservative hypocrisy continues.

    1. Most conservatives in the US hate the government and dont consider government jobs as real jobs.
    2. Private sector jobs went UP!
    3. Public sector jobs went DOWN!

    End result, conservatives use this positive conservative job reports as a negative!

    Yes it was not good enough on the private sector job growth, and all that, but it pisses me off how disingenuous the US conservative movement is on this issue (and many others). Conservatives should be happy the public sector is loosing jobs.. it is money saved according them after all!!

    And then add to the fact that the reason private sector is not adding more jobs is in large part because of the conservatives themselves and their freaking party of NO!
    most conservatives hate a 3.7 trillion dollar federal govt. and that being the baseline for cut consideration. Let me know when Obama has a net job gain in the private sector from when he took office. That freaking party of no is 1/3 of the govt. that is saying no to the Obama record. When will you join that party of no that generated the following results? I know how badly you want to ignore the first two years Obama had when the Republicans couldn't say no.

    Obama economic results in 2011, .4% GDP and 1% GDP growth in 2011, 25+ million unemployed or under employed Americans in 2011, 4 trillion added to the debt in less than 3 years, and a downgrade of the U.S. credit rating. Rising Misery index 7.83 to 12.67. First President in U.S. History to have our credit downgraded on his watch! 38-41% JAR and well over 50-55% disapproval ratings.

  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Seems you are stuck on the Bush issue again, fully expected as you cannot defend the Obama record. I would run from it as well.
    I was responding to your post. Funny how responding to your posts frequently causes you to complain that others are off-topic.

Page 11 of 194 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •