Page 100 of 194 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1936

Thread: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

  1. #991
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    From your own article: "Social Security’s shortfall will not affect current benefits. As long as the IOUs last, benefits will keep flowing. But experts say it is a warning sign that the program’s finances are deteriorating. Social Security is projected to drain its trust funds by 2037 unless Congress acts."

    It is a problem, but not an urgent problem.
    It isn't going to affect anyone's benefits but it is going to affect their cost of living due to the borrowing or printing that money is going to cost. You are like far too many liberals, don't really care where the money comes form as long as you get yours. Fact, those IOU's have to be funded and as posted it is going to be with borrowed funds or printing money.

  2. #992
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Not near as much as you think. As noted for you above, business did quite well with higher tax rates, for example. And business overall would prefer UHC because it wouold take that burden away from them.

    But these are separate issues overall. the fact is government can't control jobs. Not without hiring people themselves anyway.
    Business does well when there is stability and they know what is going to happen. You ignore that the GOP cut business taxes in 1997. More importantly most businesses operate on a five year plan and want to know what their costs are going to be during that period of time. With this Administration there is no way of knowing.

  3. #993
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    you did ask this question didn't you? In answer to your ingestion of " how do we change that and what do we do now to solve our financial problems? "That,s been told to you numerous times,by myself and others but you keep ignoring the answers.
    How do we change what happened in the past was the question, I had three family members serve in Iraq so what is your point?

  4. #994
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    03-23-13 @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,265

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    How about As of Tuesday Sept. 6, 2011 4,474 members of the U.S. military have died in Iraq plus three trillion(at least)dollars of our treasury.
    Well seeing we can't change what happened, or what was spent consider this, If we pull out to soon, and don't leave enough troops there to give the Iraqi people that want freedom the best chance at success, then it will become a total waste of time lives and money. 5 or 10 years down the road, we'll still be debating who's fault the failure was.

  5. #995
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Maine
    Last Seen
    09-25-11 @ 12:44 PM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    157

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    This miserable attempt to save face displays your desperation.



    You are labeling the discount window and Fed funds overnight market as "secret"! Which of course is nonsense.



    I actually researched the the GAO report, found the figures, and located the discrepancy to which the counting techniques were manipulated to make the total loan amount seem larger than it should. Instead of looking at the pictures, i actually read this section of the report to which it stated:



    I am not sure if you have a reading comprehension problem, little interest in understanding the subject, or a little bit of both; but it should be obvious to anyone as to why the total figure of $16 is intellectually dishonest.

    Do you understand what "but does not adjust these amounts to reflect differences across programs in the term over which loans were outstanding." means?



    Your ignorance is brewing. Primary dealers have had the ability to access the fed funds market and discount window since way before this this report came about. In fact, any member bank that is running below their required reserve ratio is basically required to go to either of these sources. An institution such as Deutche Bank is in fact a primary dealer!

    If the counting techniques were applied throughout all lending facilities, i have little doubt they could have come up with a number of $40 trillion. None the less, such practice is not a GAAP.



    The fed funds market and discount window is not a bailout. Instead, they are an aspect of how the Fed conducts monetary policy.



    Nothing you posted above is of importance, because the Fed is mandated to act independent of political will. When Bank of America makes a loan to a Japanese company operating in the U.S., should this be considered a bailout or worthy of being national news? In fact, the only news sources that featured this "story" are associated with fringe elements.



    Technically, it is not because the same counting techniques were not held constant throught the summary.





    Never said they were lies, only intellectually dishonest.



    An overnight loan is certainly not a bailout! That much should be crystal clear, otherwise every time the Fed expands it's balance sheet, it is bailing out financial institutions.



    On page 143, you will see these funny little things called words. Learn to read them!

    sanders.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/GAO Fed Investigation.pdf



    So when i trade on my margin account, essentially Interactive Brokers is giving me a bailout because it is in fact an overnight loan (technically speaking, it is a function of the brokerages overnight money market sweep). Of course not.



    The political motive behind this audit cannot be denied (See Ron Paul). Therefore, i find it hilarious that you have essentially opened your mouth and inserted your foot thigh deep. Next time you want to make a statement, make sure to have enough ammo to back it up.
    Whats with all the large bolded nonsense? Frustrated at not saving America as Captain Goldenbuoy in your golden cape?

    16 Trillion ... don't try to sneakily changing it to 16 billion ... in loans. You do know what a loan is don't you?

    You do know secrecy and sneaky see the amount change from 16 trillion to 16 billion ... I guess I don't have to explain secrecy to you.

    Where is the conspiracy? You do know what a conspiracy is don't you ... that's when you squash the truth and attempt to misrepresent history as never having happened. Here's a conspiracy ... do you work for the FED? Are you out surfing ... trying to protect their interests?

    You do know what a bailout is? See below:

    In economics, a bailout is an act of loaning or giving capital to an entity (a company, a country, or an individual) that is in danger of failing, in an attempt to save it from bankruptcy, insolvency, or total liquidation and ruin; or to allow a failing entity to fail gracefully without spreading contagion.[1]

    Why ask me to research for you? You have a search engine use it.

    Lets recap ... you don't know what a loan is, you don't know what a bailout us, you can't add to 16 trillion, you don't know what secrecy is, you don't know what a conspiracy is, and your waiting for someone else to research for you.

    Your also a protector of the faithful like Iron Man, protecting America from lowbrow agendas, for truth, righteousness and theeeeeeeee American waaaayy. Protect us Captain Goldenbuoy.

    FED table 8.jpg

    sanders.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/GAO Fed Investigation.pdf

    What GAO Recommends
    GAO makes seven recommendations
    to the Federal Reserve Board to
    strengthen policies for managing
    noncompetitive vendor selections,
    conflicts of interest, risks related to
    emergency lending, and
    documentation of emergency program
    decisions. The Federal Reserve Board
    agreed that GAO’s recommendations
    would benefit its response to future
    crises and agreed to strongly consider
    how best to respond to them.
    Last edited by Michael H; 09-07-11 at 06:05 PM.
    If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. Patton
    New opinions are always suspected, and usually opposed, without any other reason but because they are not already common. John Locke

  6. #996
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    03-23-13 @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,265

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    From your own article: "Social Security’s shortfall will not affect current benefits. As long as the IOUs last, benefits will keep flowing. But experts say it is a warning sign that the program’s finances are deteriorating. Social Security is projected to drain its trust funds by 2037 unless Congress acts."

    It is a problem, but not an urgent problem.
    Here is something you can do … write or email your congressman, and ask him point blank, how much “cash” in in the SS reserve fund. Ask him if there is enough “cash” in that fund, to fund payouts over the next 5 years. Let Me know what he says.

    According to this article Social Security Payout to Exceed Revenue This Year - NYTimes.com This year they are going to be paying out more then they are taking in, so unless those reserve funds are in cash, then I guess I'm going to need a liberal explain to me how we can be running our government at a 1.5 trillion dollar deficit and still be able to make these payments over and above what is being taken in, without borrowing even more money.

  7. #997
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael H View Post
    Whats with all the large bolded nonsense? Frustrated at not saving America as Captain Goldenbuoy in your golden cape?

    16 Trillion ... don't try to sneakily changing it to 16 billion ... in loans. You do know what a loan is don't you?

    You do know secrecy and sneaky see the amount change from 16 trillion to 16 billion ... I guess I don't have to explain secrecy to you.

    Where is the conspiracy? You do know what a conspiracy is don't you ... that's when you squash the truth and attempt to misrepresent history as never having happened. Here's a conspiracy ... do you work for the FED? Are you out surfing ... trying to protect their interests?

    You do know what a bailout is? See below:

    In economics, a bailout is an act of loaning or giving capital to an entity (a company, a country, or an individual) that is in danger of failing, in an attempt to save it from bankruptcy, insolvency, or total liquidation and ruin; or to allow a failing entity to fail gracefully without spreading contagion.[1]

    Why ask me to research for you? You have a search engine use it.

    Lets recap ... you don't know what a loan is, you don't know what a bailout us, you can't add to 16 trillion, you don't know what secrecy is, you don't know what a conspiracy is, and your waiting for someone else to research for you.

    Your also a protector of the faithful like Iron Man, protecting America from lowbrow agendas, for truth, righteousness and theeeeeeeee American waaaayy. Protect us Captain Goldenbuoy.

    FED table 8.jpg

    sanders.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/GAO Fed Investigation.pdf
    In other words, since you lack the intellect to adequately respond to my post, you create straw man arguments that do not address what is being discussed. It is imperative that you actually read and understand something before you go off posting intellectual dishonesty like it actually means something. The report outlines the inconsistency in counting techniques, and i have explained it to you on multiple occasions. They do however adjust for it

    On page 145, table 9, they factored out the discrepancy so to provide an accurate reading of the actual loans being made.

    They state:
    To account for differences in the terms for loans that were outstanding, we multiplied each loan amount by the number of days the loan was outstanding and divided this amount by the number of days in a year (365). Table 9 shows the top 20 borrowing institutions in terms of term adjusted total transaction amount for emergency programs and other assistance provided directly to institutions facing liquidity strains.
    Are you ready?


    GAO factored II.jpg

    A grand total of $1,139 billion dollars. That is of course if we adjust the loan amount by term, which provides an intellectually honest assessment.

    In the future, take your fail somewhere else....
    Last edited by Kushinator; 09-07-11 at 06:45 PM.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  8. #998
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Maine
    Last Seen
    09-25-11 @ 12:44 PM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    157

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    In other words, since you lack the intellect to adequately respond to my post, you create straw man arguments that do not address what is being discussed. It is imperative that you actually read and understand something before you go off posting intellectual dishonesty like it actually means something. The report outlines the inconsistency in counting techniques, and i have explained it to you on multiple occasions. They do however adjust for it

    On page 145, table 9, they factored out the discrepancy so to provide an accurate reading of the actual loans being made.

    They state:

    Are you ready?


    GAO factored II.jpg

    A grand total of $1,139 billion dollars. That is of course if we adjust the loan amount by term, which provides an intellectually honest assessment.

    In the future, take your fail somewhere else....
    1. Was the quantity of loans 16 trillion? Yes

    2. Was the subject you knew nothing about and had to research ... a conspiracy? No

    3. Were the liquidity strains as you like to call them a bailout? Yes

    4. Did you change 16 trillion to 16 billion to under represent the amount to those not paying attention? Yes

    5. Were you looking for a personal research assistant? Yes ... and a go getter delegating work ... you'll do fine in management.

    So my statement stands and you have nothing to show for your efforts. Other then being dishonest about items 1 through 4 ... and being lazy on item 5.
    Last edited by Michael H; 09-07-11 at 07:05 PM.
    If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. Patton
    New opinions are always suspected, and usually opposed, without any other reason but because they are not already common. John Locke

  9. #999
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael H View Post
    1. Was the quantity of loans 16 trillion? Yes
    No, they did not count the TAF loans (the largest of all loans) in the same manner that they counted the PDCF. If they were to apply the same accounting technique to all credit facilities listed, the quantity of loans could easy have reached $40 trillion (the TAF loans alone were more than 8x's greater than the PDCF on a factored term basis).

    2. Was the subject you knew nothing about and had to research a conspiracy? No
    I was well aware of the subject, as i explained the counting technique before you posted the source. CNBC did a report on this back in July, and essentially poked fun at anyone who attempted to capitalize (on a political basis) with the $16 trillion number.

    3. Were the liquidity strains as you like to call them a bailout? Yes
    You're taking it out of context. Credit contracted to the point where companies were going to go bankrupt without access to credit. The freeze in the commercial paper market alone would have caused an unprecendted amount of bankruptcies without access to these credit facilities. Yes, some entities were bailed out (Fannie and Freddy), but not to the tune of $16 trillion.

    4. Did you change 16 trillion to 16 billion to under represent the amount to those not paying attention? Yes
    No, it was a simple mistake. I apologize.

    5. Were you looking for a personal research assistant? Yes ... and a go getter delegating work ... you'll do fine in management.
    Not at all. I simply will not allow you to misrepresent figures in a low brow manner. Sorry if it hurts your feelings, but you are at fault for not having a clear understanding of the situation.

    So my statement stands and you have nothing to show for your efforts. Other then being dishonest about items 1 through 4 ... and being lazy on item 5.
    Items 1-4 are strawmen you have created to attempt to hide the fact that you have no idea what you are talking about, within the context of the various monetary policy initiatives taken in the midst of the financial crisis.

    Now man up and admit your error. Again, there is no shame.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  10. #1000
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    03-23-13 @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,265

    Re: Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    I wasn't referring to the Bush tax cuts, but rather to his 2008 tax rebate. It's okay to ask questions. You don't always have to go off half cocked.

    Bush: Tax rebate checks are on the way - USATODAY.com

    The Bush rebate was a lump sum payment, as opposed to Obama's payroll tax cut, which was prorated so that people receive a portion of it in each paycheck.
    okay, and what was the 400 dollars tax rebate from the stimulus ... a one time payment ?? kinda like the The Bush rebate ? and Bush's tax cut which everyone received ( and is still receiving) a portion of in each paycheck, the only difference is Bush's wasn't a one year program.
    Last edited by The Barbarian; 09-07-11 at 07:26 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •