Page 85 of 93 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 850 of 921

Thread: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree'

  1. #841
    Educator Flippinfunky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA (Raised in SW Oklahoma)
    Last Seen
    08-01-12 @ 06:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    883

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree'

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Isn't about time we moved past such vile, angry bull****?

    Oh wait, I can't say that about the esteemed Rep. Carson, to criticize him, since I am a white male and tea partier, is racist.

    Just reading that filthy dung heaps rant makes my stomach churn in disgust.
    Well yeah, but how often do we liberals hear generalizations from Conservatives? How many times must we be called "freeloaders" "lazy" "give me's" "feminazis" and "baby killers" before Conservatives "move past such vile, angry bull****?"
    I can tell conservatives all day long that I'm NONE of those things ... but it doesn't seem to make a lick of difference to them.

    So, suck it up and get over it.
    Last edited by Flippinfunky; 09-06-11 at 01:32 AM.
    Silly poor people
    Tax cuts are for the rich!

  2. #842
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree'

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    I neither defend him nor will agree to the false nature of his charge. The idea that it must be one or the other is both ridiculous and based in a denial of our own ignorance of the thoughts of people we don't know.
    he stated that he is aware of tea party members of congress who want to see black people hanging from trees. now, whether or not there are tea partiers in congress who want to see black people hanging from trees is a rather binary question; either they do, or they do not. We might as well run with the assumption that all democrats in congress secretly want to rape children as adopt the standard for Tea Partiers that you are suggesting.

  3. #843
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree'

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    he stated that he is aware of tea party members of congress who want to see black people hanging from trees. now, whether or not there are tea partiers in congress who want to see black people hanging from trees is a rather binary question; either they do, or they do not. We might as well run with the assumption that all democrats in congress secretly want to rape children as adopt the standard for Tea Partiers that you are suggesting.
    The chances of a tea party member wanting blacks hanging from a tree is far less remote in the grand cosmic scheme of things. Also, 'wanting blacks hanging from a tree' is an inflammatory statement that is not literal.

  4. #844
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree'

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    The chances of a tea party member wanting blacks hanging from a tree is far less remote in the grand cosmic scheme of things.
    the "grand cosmic scheme of things"? really? you are debating from the "grand cosmic scheme of things"? why not just admit that the guy is a big-mouthed a--clown who prefers to campaign on race-baiting?

    Also, 'wanting blacks hanging from a tree' is an inflammatory statement that is not literal.
    no, that's a very specific statement. you don't accuse someone of intent to commit murder unless you have some kind of evidence of their intent to commit murder.

  5. #845
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree'

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    the "grand cosmic scheme of things"? really? you are debating from the "grand cosmic scheme of things"? why not just admit that the guy is a big-mouthed a--clown who prefers to campaign on race-baiting?
    Probably is


    no, that's a very specific statement. you don't accuse someone of intent to commit murder unless you have some kind of evidence of their intent to commit murder.
    Rep. Andre Carson, a Democrat from Indiana who serves as the CBC’s chief vote counter, said at a CBC event in Miami that some in Congress would “love to see us as second-class citizens” and “some of them in Congress right now of this tea party movement would love to see you and me ... hanging on a tree.”
    "The tea party wishes to implement a plan to instigate random lynchings nationwide" is an accusation. This was not quite that. Some could take it as 'hung out to dry' if we were to stretch things perhaps.



    Theres the audio clip and someone elses podcast commentary, kind of a good one actually. After listening Im not sure if I take the statement as completely literal... thered be a little more fire in the room if that were true.

  6. #846
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree'

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    I neither defend him nor will agree to the false nature of his charge. The idea that it must be one or the other is both ridiculous and based in a denial of our own ignorance of the thoughts of people we don't know.
    There are no false charges here. What he said is totally uncalled for out of a member of Congress.

  7. #847
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree' Read more: http://www.p

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Are you saying that employers aren't responsible for their own actions?
    What actions would those be?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #848
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,746

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree'

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    Theres the audio clip and someone elses podcast commentary, kind of a good one actually. After listening Im not sure if I take the statement as completely literal... thered be a little more fire in the room if that were true.
    So...for the record...liberals lose their ****ing minds when someone uses a vague term like "tar baby", but...meh...Im sure it was only just mild rheotic when he accused Tea Party republicans of wanting to lych blacks and see folks hanging fromt he trees. Certainly nothing to get spun up out.

  9. #849
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree'

    I would say that the remarks by the Dem Congresspeople were over the top and they should retract them and apologize. And at the same time, there is pretty strong evidence that the Tea Party counts a disproportionate number of racists on its dance card.

  10. #850
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree'

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    I would say that the remarks by the Dem Congresspeople were over the top and they should retract them and apologize. And at the same time, there is pretty strong evidence that the Tea Party counts a disproportionate number of racists on its dance card.
    Then provide that evidence or stfu. I provided evidence of liberal progressives infiltraiting events to intentionally smear tea party members. I guess you ignore that.


    J-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 85 of 93 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •