Page 84 of 93 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast
Results 831 to 840 of 921

Thread: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree'

  1. #831
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree'

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    there are 60 Republicans in the Tea Party Caucus:



    I want to know which ones above wish to see lynchings come back, and I would like to see the evidence presented therein.




    Mind you, no one will be able to do it. Because there isn't any. Because such a thing would be a massive scandal, and the Republican Party would kick them out.


    And, in fact, Representative Carson is just spewing vile vitriol out of his a$$. I guess liberals got so used to spewing this kind of crap against George Bush they assumed they could do it to the Tea Partiers without ever getting called out on it.


    Well, Carson, let me introduce you to Tea Party Member Representative West. You may find him a little less.... pacifist.
    Colonel West! He's the one that wants to see lynchings come back into style!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #832
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree'

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Ever hear of Brer Rabbit? Read the whole, "Brer Rabbit and The Tar Baby", story? Disney made a cartoon of it.

    Brer Rabbit and the Tar Baby - YouTube

    This is just another case of Liberals totally misunderstanding historical context.
    I'm well aware of where the term comes from (I was a toddler learning how to read at one point). Nonetheless, the phrase is still widely known to have racial connotations.

  3. #833
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,692

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree'

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    I'm well aware of where the term comes from (I was a toddler learning how to read at one point). Nonetheless, the phrase is still widely known to have racial connotations.
    How about "known by some"...

  4. #834
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree' Read more: http://www.p

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Every company is different, but they are all variations on the same base line and its all very structured

    Lets say, you have to rank 100 employees in a stack. Top of the stack is the highest performing employees, bottom is the lowest (dragging their ass) performing employees. So the management team gets in a huddle and spends a day creating this stack. This stack has serious implications. In any pay for performance, the top ~20% of the employees will receive raises, while the bottom 5% (sometimes up to 20% depending on business conditions) will be placed in some version of corrective action. Also lay-offs, when necessary will come from the bottom of the stack. Now after all that, you have to identify the protected classes (a black woman as an example) in the stack and redistribute the stack so you don't have any protected classes in the bottom 20% and so that they are well represented in the top 20% of the stack.

    This sort of thing goes on when determining pay, lay-offs, contract allocation, pretty much anything that has anything to do with differentiating employees or even companies bidding on a contract. It's huge and it's just the way business is done. The objective is to play it so ****ing safe that a protected class individual (or company owned by a protected class individual) doesn't have any reason to sue your company.
    I had to spend a few minutes hunting down your comment because it immediately sprung to mind as I was reading this report from the New York Times:


    Several Columbia University professors said this week that the recent resignations of two high-ranking black administrators have shaken their confidence in the institution’s president, Lee C. Bollinger, and reignited concerns among their colleagues about other aspects of his leadership


    This is the kind of crap that happens when liberals create a hyper-racialized environment, and Bollinger is a crapsack who deserves all that is being dumped on him because he's been so very instrumental in creating the damaged environment.


    Dr. Harris said that he wrote to Mr. Bollinger this week to explain how the departures “have shaken my confidence — as well as the confidence of many others at Columbia — in the ability of Columbia to maintain diverse leadership at the top.”


    When token blacks leave a job then that implies that the leadership of an institution can't maintain its commitment to diversity. First off, diversity is not a virtue, and secondly, when you treat individuals as token representatives for their racial group, then you completely devalue their individuality. People leave jobs all the time, but when two blacks leave their jobs then all hell breaks loose.


    June Cross, an associate professor at the university’s Graduate School of Journalism, said in an interview on Wednesday, “I’m not saying race is the issue, but it is the subtext.” She added, “Michele Moody-Adams was advertised as, ‘Here’s our commitment to diversity.’ If you’re not going to stand behind what you say you hired her to do, what does that say about your commitment?”


    What the hell does race being a subtext even mean? That's innuendo for racism but the professor doesn't have the balls to flat-out make the accusation so she tries to put lipstick on the pig and muddy up her statement.

    Now look at the second part of her declaration. A black person was put into a job as a show of the institution's commitment to diversity. Clearly the individual wasn't working out but this professor would have the institution keep an ineffective black person on the job because to fire them would signal that the institution doesn't value diversity.


    Such criticisms are unusual for Mr. Bollinger, who built a national reputation defending affirmative action cases at the University of Michigan, and who has brought more minority students and faculty members to Columbia’s campus in Morningside Heights. In an interview Thursday, he acknowledged the criticism but said it was off base.

    “While some may perceive an issue of diversity involved here in both resignations, I’m confident that that’s not either the explanation, nor is it in any way a reflection of the institution’s commitment to diversity,” Mr. Bollinger said. “It’s certainly not mine, in any event.”


    This nicely shows why Bollinger is so deserving of this criticism. He earned his reputation as a crapweasel for accusing other institutions of being racist and now that the accusations are leveled at him he claims that the criticisms were off-base. Well you know, his holier-than-thou criticisms of other people and institutions were similarly off-base.


    “If I were in the shoes of the faculty member I would have the same concern,” Dr. Steele said. “You have to take events like this seriously. But this had nothing to do with my identity or the provost’s office; it had to do with this opportunity at Stanford at this time of my life. I have the strongest feelings for Columbia.”


    Even the professor who left Columbia to accept an administrative position at Stanford is mired in the perverted group-think of liberals. Why does anyone have to take these events seriously? Blacks administrators leaving to accept another position are no different than white administrators or Asian administrators doing the same.

    When ric27 writes of corporate management being hypersensitive about their "workforce diversity" numbers it is this type of atmosphere that I think he is writing about. It's just sickening to behold.

  5. #835
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,115

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree'

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    there are 60 Republicans in the Tea Party Caucus:

    Sandy Adams, Florida
    Robert Aderholt, Alabama
    Todd Akin, Missouri
    Rodney Alexander, Louisiana
    Michele Bachmann, Minnesota, Chair
    Roscoe Bartlett, Maryland
    Joe Barton, Texas
    Gus Bilirakis, Florida
    Rob Bishop, Utah
    Diane Black, Tennessee
    Michael C. Burgess, Texas
    Paul Broun, Georgia
    Dan Burton, Indiana
    John Carter, Texas
    Bill Cassidy, Louisiana
    Howard Coble, North Carolina
    Mike Coffman, Colorado
    Chip Cravaack, Minnesota
    Ander Crenshaw, Florida
    John Culberson, Texas
    Jeff Duncan, South Carolina
    Blake Farenthold, Texas
    Stephen Fincher, Tennessee
    John Fleming, Louisiana
    Trent Franks, Arizona
    Phil Gingrey, Georgia
    Louie Gohmert, Texas
    Vicky Hartzler, Missouri
    Wally Herger, California
    Tim Huelskamp, Kansas
    Lynn Jenkins, Kansas
    Steve King, Iowa
    Doug Lamborn, Colorado
    Jeff Landry, Louisiana
    Blaine Luetkemeyer, Missouri
    Kenny Marchant, Texas
    Tom McClintock, California
    David McKinley, West Virginia
    Gary Miller, California
    Mick Mulvaney, South Carolina
    Randy Neugebauer, Texas
    Rich Nugent, Florida
    Steve Pearce, New Mexico
    Mike Pence, Indiana
    Ted Poe, Texas
    Tom Price, Georgia
    Denny Rehberg, Montana
    Phil Roe, Tennessee
    Dennis Ross, Florida
    Ed Royce, California
    Steve Scalise, Louisiana
    Tim Scott, South Carolina
    Pete Sessions, Texas
    Adrian Smith, Nebraska
    Lamar Smith, Texas
    Cliff Stearns, Florida
    Tim Walberg, Michigan
    Joe Walsh, Illinois
    Allen West, Florida
    Lynn Westmoreland, Georgia
    Joe Wilson, South Carolina
    I want to know which ones above wish to see lynchings come back, and I would like to see the evidence presented therein.
    bumpity bump bump

  6. #836
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree'

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    I'm well aware of where the term comes from (I was a toddler learning how to read at one point). Nonetheless, the phrase is still widely known to have racial connotations.
    Only because there are so many idiots in the world that think Uncle Remus stories are racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #837
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree'

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    bumpity bump bump
    Are you asking Andre Carson because I'm pretty sure he's the one who made the claim and I'm also pretty sure he doesn't have an account here?

  8. #838
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,115

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree' Read more: http://www.p

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    The only way to get people who don't want to be married to each other to get married is force unless you're arguing for huge structural changes in the black community, but then that goes far beyond marriage making conditions other than marriage the focus of your argument.
    yes and no. the point of bringing up that statistic is to demonstrate (again) that the main problems aren't with our political structure (except inasmuch as it encourages poor decision-making), but rather within the black community. If blacks want to succeed in America again, then they need to recapture their identity and their culture. Lower income whites are facing many of the same problems.

    1. Finish High School.
    2. Work full time and work hard
    3. Wait until you are married to have kids, and then stay married.

    Following those three basics in America, statistically, almost ensures that you will not enter into or at least remain in poverty - and the extent to which a society fails to encourage or honor those basics (and the trends that lay behind them) is the extent to which it will fail. In black society today, students are told that education is a "white thing", that working hard in an introductory level position "is for suckers", and that your manliness can be measured by your number of "baby-mommas". These things aren't only found in the black community, but they are strong there, and have done immeasurable harm.

  9. #839
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,115

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree'

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Are you asking Andre Carson because I'm pretty sure he's the one who made the claim and I'm also pretty sure he doesn't have an account here?
    I'm asking any who would rise to his defense rather than agreeing to the false nature of his charge.

  10. #840
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree'

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    I'm asking any who would rise to his defense rather than agreeing to the false nature of his charge.
    I neither defend him nor will agree to the false nature of his charge. The idea that it must be one or the other is both ridiculous and based in a denial of our own ignorance of the thoughts of people we don't know.

Page 84 of 93 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •