Page 77 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
Results 761 to 770 of 921

Thread: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree'

  1. #761
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree'

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    And all you have to do to prove your point is state WHICH "Tea Party members" instead of using the blanket (hey...isnt blanket application of a term to a group called something? Like...bigotry....or something like that) 'Chartacterize the Tea Party' line. So...you too adopt the..."well...I dont think anyone actually wants to see blacks lynched....but...he's still right" approach.

    Oh yeah...we are just ZOOMING along in this whole race relations thing.
    go back, read post#759.

    Study reveals cultural characteristics of the Tea Party movement

    I have a copy of the paper if you wish to read it...

  2. #762
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree'

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    Personally, I think nativism and xenophobia are terms that more aptly apply to some Tea Party members, and characterize the Tea Party more so than "racism," although I am not dismissing the probability of Tea Party members or supporters being racist.
    And here I thought a few of us were going to agree that these blanket statements don't help anything.

  3. #763
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,773

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree'

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    You have little standing in saying people should do what you refuse to do.
    So, what have I refused to do? Acknowledge that racism exists within the Congressional Black Caucus? As I stated from the very beginning, I've never followed the CBC. So, how can I call them out when I don't know that much about them? However, I have said that I'm sure racism exists within the Democrat party and some of those may be African Americans. So, where exactly did my credibility faulter?

  4. #764
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,746

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree'

    Thats racist to you???

    “I don’t even want to have to be associated with him. It’s like touching a tar baby, and you get it — you know, you’re stuck, and you’re part of the problem now, and you can’t get away,” Lamborn said. “I don’t want that to happen to us (Republicans), but if it does, or not, he’ll still get — properly so — the blame, because his policies, for four years, will have failed the American people.”

    Please by all means cite when this went from being an apt descriptor of a no win situation where once you get in you are stuck and cant get out to "well...some people believe it is a racist comment." And please tell me what other positions Congressman Lamborn has taken that are racist. The floor is all yours.

    Read more: Lamborn calls Obama a "tar baby" | lamborn, obama, rep - Colorado Springs Gazette, CO

  5. #765
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree'

    I fully understand the NAACP's problem there. Is an apology enough for a politician? It might be in some cases. Other cases, no. We couldn't even get that out of Carson.

  6. #766
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree'

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    And here I thought a few of us were going to agree that these blanket statements don't help anything.
    I simply want to have an honest discussion. And I freely admit that generalizations are be thrown left and right in this case and can't be avoided. But my opinion stands, and I can back it up.

  7. #767
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree'

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    go back, read post#759.

    Study reveals cultural characteristics of the Tea Party movement

    I have a copy of the paper if you wish to read it...
    The study is flawed. It started with a conclusion and worked to prove that conclusion...That is junk.

    BTW, do you dismiss the fact that liberal operatives were dispatched into Tea Party events with racist signs to harm the movement, and smear them unfairly?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #768
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,746

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree'

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    go back, read post#759.

    Study reveals cultural characteristics of the Tea Party movement

    I have a copy of the paper if you wish to read it...
    Well...you know...black folks...there are so many of them in prison...so...you know what that says about black folks...

    Good lord.

    Oh...and BTW...I would LOVE to read the whole study...not just the abstract. Just like I would love to know if this group wasnt setting out to prove their assertion that Tea Party = racist.
    Last edited by VanceMack; 09-05-11 at 01:32 PM.

  9. #769
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree'

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    I fully understand the NAACP's problem there. Is an apology enough for a politician? It might be in some cases. Other cases, no. We couldn't even get that out of Carson.
    I'm not sticking up for the CBC or the NAACP here. He should apologize.

  10. #770
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,773

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree'

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Typical. Having to actual SHOW which congressman and the racist statements...well...thats a pretty tall order...so...guess its a good time to be done with the argument. Like I said. TYPICAL liberal argument. He made a bull**** statement...you defend it by saying it was ugly...but true. No word yet on those Tea Party politicians that want to see blacks lynched? Didnt think so. You people deserve each other.
    My defense here was only to show exactly what Rep. Carson said, not to prove which Tea Party congressman/woman his accusation was directed at. You want to know exactly who the man was speaking about, you'll need to ask him.

Page 77 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •