Page 76 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 760 of 921

Thread: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree'

  1. #751
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree' Read more: http://www.p

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    At the most, I think it's probably one of many "tactics" the DNC uses to stir up controversy, but it's not something I put much stock in. The GOP has it's own equivalent tactics. To me, that's just the nature of politics at this point. Both parties have their annoying tactics that they use to distract from more intellectual debate whenever their party is in trouble. If you read any "insider" accounts from political campaigns, you'll find this out. But I would hardly call those tactics "THE liberal tactic" or "THE conservative tactic" as j-mac was doing.
    Well their you go, neither party has our interest in mind but they will take your money. The years I have seen this go on I have yet to see either party tell the truth completely. So you see those who claim to advocate our position, do so half ass but they will leave public office a much richer person, so again who do they represent.

  2. #752
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree' Read more: http://www.p

    I don't think the Tea Party wants to lynch blacks or return to the Jim Crow era. Andre Carson is just plain wrong

    Still not fond of the Tea Party though.
    Last edited by StillBallin75; 09-05-11 at 01:10 PM.

  3. #753
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree' Read more: http://www.p

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Same goes for you and all others who are quick to strike back at Liberals for calling out racial hatred within the opposing party. Why is it so hard to believe that there are members within the Tea Party movement who are racist especially when an independent entity outside the political mainstream has shown it to be true? I can accept that there very likely are some racist among Democrats in Congress, some of which might be Black, i.e., Rep. Maxine Waters may well be one of them. Or it could be she's just an outspoken advocate for equality within the African American community moreso within her district. Considering that most people on both sides of the political divide - Blacks and Whites - all agree with recent reporting that unemployment is highest among African Americans, can you blame her for seeking support for Black neighborhoods or Black businesses?

    I've always been a firm believer that if one goes looking for racism behind every syllabol spoken by a person be he White or Black, we'll never be able to move past the very thing we all agree needs to die out in this country.
    SHow me the money. You show me the racists...and I'll call em out. You are fabricating a bull**** argument based off a bull**** argument. You show me the racists. Show me the Tea Party folks that want to see blacks strapped to trees. Shouldnt be hard. Bring it.

    Nah...you took idiotic race baiting ramblings equating cutting spending to lynchings and by gum Jim Crow and isntead of admitting it was a stupid position you do what you do..."yeah..but they are STILL racist!" SO...who?

  4. #754
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,772

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree'

    1Perry,

    We're just gonna have to agree to disagree. Atleast I can acknowledge that there is racism on both sides of the political divide. It's something we all need to work harder at getting beyond no matter who first brouches the issue of race in negative manner. If you're willing to call it out when next you see or hear of it but have an open and honest dialog on the matter, I'm very willing to dicuss the issue of racism in America on the merits. But for now, it just doesn't seem some folks are willing to do that. Instead, what we have are alot of denials, misdirection and deflections.

    Rep. Carson's words were harsh and inflamatory, but what he said was truthful. There are members within the Tea Party movement and very likely members of the movement who are in Congress who harbor racist views and aren't afraid to voice them. We've seen the evidence since the movement first came into existence. For folks to deny that is just being dishonest.

    This country has had a history or racism and violence due to racism, and much of that hatred has been directed at African Americans over the last two centuries. One could argue, however, that only the Native American Indian has experience more racism at the hands of the White man than any Black man can dare imagine. But the fact that Native Americans have been all but cast aside yet the Black man is here to stay says alot about our resilience. "The Man" ain't getting rid of us that easily.

    But in all seriousness, the only way we get past our racial bigotry/hatred is to talk about it honestly. Right now, I'm wondering if we'll ever be able to do that based on the outcome of this thread.

    And with that, I'm out...until the next bout of racism rues its ugly head.

  5. #755
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree'

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    1Perry,

    We're just gonna have to agree to disagree. Atleast I can acknowledge that there is racism on both sides of the political divide. It's something we all need to work harder at getting beyond no matter who first brouches the issue of race in negative manner. If you're willing to call it out when next you see or hear of it but have an open and honest dialog on the matter, I'm very willing to dicuss the issue of racism in America on the merits. But for now, it just doesn't seem some folks are willing to do that. Instead, what we have are alot of denials, misdirection and deflections.

    Rep. Carson's words were harsh and inflamatory, but what he said was truthful. There are members within the Tea Party movement and very likely members of the movement who are in Congress who harbor racist views and aren't afraid to voice them. We've seen the evidence since the movement first came into existence. For folks to deny that is just being dishonest.

    This country has had a history or racism and violence due to racism, and much of that hatred has been directed at African Americans over the last two centuries. One could argue, however, that only the Native American Indian has experience more racism at the hands of the White man than any Black man can dare imagine. But the fact that Native Americans have been all but cast aside yet the Black man is here to stay says alot about our resilience. "The Man" ain't getting rid of us that easily.

    But in all seriousness, the only way we get past our racial bigotry/hatred is to talk about it honestly. Right now, I'm wondering if we'll ever be able to do that based on the outcome of this thread.

    And with that, I'm out...until the next bout of racism rues its ugly head.
    Typical. Having to actual SHOW which congressman and the racist statements...well...thats a pretty tall order...so...guess its a good time to be done with the argument. Like I said. TYPICAL liberal argument. He made a bull**** statement...you defend it by saying it was ugly...but true. No word yet on those Tea Party politicians that want to see blacks lynched? Didnt think so. You people deserve each other.

  6. #756
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree'

    Personally, I think nativism and xenophobia are terms that more aptly apply to some Tea Party members, and characterize the Tea Party more so than "racism," although I am not dismissing the probability of Tea Party members or supporters being racist.

  7. #757
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree'

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    Personally, I think nativism and xenophobia are terms that more aptly apply to some Tea Party members, and characterize the Tea Party more so than "racism," although I am not dismissing the probability of Tea Party members or supporters being racist.
    I can't speak for everyone in the tea party but, it more about a lack of representation, abuse of power, taxes, out of control spending, and the constitution, the killing of the middle class.

  8. #758
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree'

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    Personally, I think nativism and xenophobia are terms that more aptly apply to some Tea Party members, and characterize the Tea Party more so than "racism," although I am not dismissing the probability of Tea Party members or supporters being racist.
    And all you have to do to prove your point is state WHICH "Tea Party members" instead of using the blanket (hey...isnt blanket application of a term to a group called something? Like...bigotry....or something like that) 'Chartacterize the Tea Party' line. So...you too adopt the..."well...I dont think anyone actually wants to see blacks lynched....but...he's still right" approach.

    Oh yeah...we are just ZOOMING along in this whole race relations thing.

  9. #759
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree'

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Typical. Having to actual SHOW which congressman and the racist statements...well...thats a pretty tall order...so...guess its a good time to be done with the argument. Like I said. TYPICAL liberal argument. He made a bull**** statement...you defend it by saying it was ugly...but true. No word yet on those Tea Party politicians that want to see blacks lynched? Didnt think so. You people deserve each other.
    Lamborn calls Obama a "tar baby" | lamborn, obama, rep - Colorado Springs Gazette, CO

  10. #760
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree'

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    1Perry,

    We're just gonna have to agree to disagree. Atleast I can acknowledge that there is racism on both sides of the political divide. It's something we all need to work harder at getting beyond no matter who first brouches the issue of race in negative manner. If you're willing to call it out when next you see or hear of it but have an open and honest dialog on the matter, I'm very willing to dicuss the issue of racism in America on the merits. But for now, it just doesn't seem some folks are willing to do that. Instead, what we have are alot of denials, misdirection and deflections.
    You have little standing in saying people should do what you refuse to do.

Page 76 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •