Page 71 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 710 of 921

Thread: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree'

  1. #701
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree' Read more: http://www.p

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Again, you're logic fails again. This is getting embarrassing RD, I think you need to take a break. The argument is not that black marriages are more unhappy, the argument is that forcing people who don't want to be married to each other to get married is a recipe for disaster.
    The argument that you have in your mind has to match the argument that you type into the reply box. Just trying to help you out there.

    Why are you arguing that you'd have to force more blacks to stay married than couples in other races?

  2. #702
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,919

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree' Read more: http://www.p

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    You're posts are getting more and more illogical and laughable by the minute. I think it's time to step away from debate politics and return to Stormfront.
    I strongly disagree Playdrive. The quality and content of the posts of RiverDad have not deteriorated one iota over he span he has been here. Some things are simply not possible.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #703
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree' Read more: http://www.p

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    The argument that you have in your mind has to match the argument that you type into the reply box. Just trying to help you out there.
    No, RD you're just seriously misinterpreting things and looking for things that aren't there.

    Why are you arguing that you'd have to force more blacks to stay married than couples in other races?
    Did you even read the post I was responding to? Blacks have a lower rate of marriage than whites which is what cpwill was referring to and my point was that forcing people to get married doesn't help anything.

  4. #704
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,704

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree' Read more: http://www.p

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    Yeah. Everybody has got some excuse why it isn't their problem. Homeless people have all these rationalizations about the system keeping them down, Republicans have all these rationalizations about "personal responsibility"... End result, nobody does anything to fix it.
    Do what you can do...and then work to influence those within your sphere and stop bitching and whining about how its the other guys fault. AMAZING the results you can see.

  5. #705
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree' Read more: http://www.p

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Did you even read the post I was responding to? Blacks have a lower rate of marriage than whites which is what cpwill was referring to and my point was that forcing people to get married doesn't help anything.
    I know what his point was and I know what your point was meant to be. Your answer didn't address his point though.

    There is social dysfunction in the black community regarding marriage. If more blacks got, and stayed, married and simply matched the rates seen in other communities, then a lot of the poverty and other social dysfunction would diminish. The burning questions are why there is a presumption that having blacks stay (get) married at the same rate as white would entail those marriages being characterized by hatred between the spouses and why the only way to achieve marital parity would be to force blacks to stay (get) in marriages that they want to flee.
    Last edited by RiverDad; 09-05-11 at 12:54 AM.

  6. #706
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,766

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree' Read more: http://www.p

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    Please go back and look at what he actually said, and not what he said after the fact to back track on what he said originally.

    He talked about Republican legislators that wanted to string up black people. Whoa re they exactly.
    I have! I watched the video as aired on FoxNews just moments ago and Congressman Carson specifically said, "some of them in Congress right now of this Tea Party movement...". He did not say the entire Tea Party. But you can see the video yourself linked herein. They even placed Congressman Carson's words directly on the screen. So, unless you are illiterate there's no way anyone can misinterpret his words.

    Here's something to think about concerning the Tea Party and this issue of racist elements within the movement. We've seen the images of racist banners at protests. We've also heard where the movement's founders have said they've gotten rid of those who espouse racism. What people wrongly interpret that to mean is "the Tea Party has gotten rid of every racist within the movement", but the truth is they've only denied new membership of those fringe organizations that wish to become part of the movement. That does not apply to members of Congress.

    Curious...if the Tea Party isn't made up of just Republicans and are a "movement" of itself, why are Republican's getting so upset? After all, aren't there suppose to be some liberals among them?
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 09-05-11 at 02:09 AM.

  7. #707
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,117

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree'

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    1. He was referring to Tea Party congress members not just Republicans in Congress. Exact quote: "some of them in Congress right now of this tea party movement would love to see you and me ... hanging on a tree.

    Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree' - Jake Sherman - POLITICO.com

    2. How can someone prove or disprove such racism? Do you really think all racists, particularly those who want to be elected, openly state there racism? There could be several members of Congress who hold these ideas, Rep or Dem. Asking someone to prove it is just foolish.
    no it's not. if he's going to throw out the accusation, he needs evidence.

  8. #708
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,117

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree'

    there are 60 Republicans in the Tea Party Caucus:

    Sandy Adams, Florida
    Robert Aderholt, Alabama
    Todd Akin, Missouri
    Rodney Alexander, Louisiana
    Michele Bachmann, Minnesota, Chair
    Roscoe Bartlett, Maryland
    Joe Barton, Texas
    Gus Bilirakis, Florida
    Rob Bishop, Utah
    Diane Black, Tennessee
    Michael C. Burgess, Texas
    Paul Broun, Georgia
    Dan Burton, Indiana
    John Carter, Texas
    Bill Cassidy, Louisiana
    Howard Coble, North Carolina
    Mike Coffman, Colorado
    Chip Cravaack, Minnesota
    Ander Crenshaw, Florida
    John Culberson, Texas
    Jeff Duncan, South Carolina
    Blake Farenthold, Texas
    Stephen Fincher, Tennessee
    John Fleming, Louisiana
    Trent Franks, Arizona
    Phil Gingrey, Georgia
    Louie Gohmert, Texas
    Vicky Hartzler, Missouri
    Wally Herger, California
    Tim Huelskamp, Kansas
    Lynn Jenkins, Kansas
    Steve King, Iowa
    Doug Lamborn, Colorado
    Jeff Landry, Louisiana
    Blaine Luetkemeyer, Missouri
    Kenny Marchant, Texas
    Tom McClintock, California
    David McKinley, West Virginia
    Gary Miller, California
    Mick Mulvaney, South Carolina
    Randy Neugebauer, Texas
    Rich Nugent, Florida
    Steve Pearce, New Mexico
    Mike Pence, Indiana
    Ted Poe, Texas
    Tom Price, Georgia
    Denny Rehberg, Montana
    Phil Roe, Tennessee
    Dennis Ross, Florida
    Ed Royce, California
    Steve Scalise, Louisiana
    Tim Scott, South Carolina
    Pete Sessions, Texas
    Adrian Smith, Nebraska
    Lamar Smith, Texas
    Cliff Stearns, Florida
    Tim Walberg, Michigan
    Joe Walsh, Illinois
    Allen West, Florida
    Lynn Westmoreland, Georgia
    Joe Wilson, South Carolina
    I want to know which ones above wish to see lynchings come back, and I would like to see the evidence presented therein.




    Mind you, no one will be able to do it. Because there isn't any. Because such a thing would be a massive scandal, and the Republican Party would kick them out.


    And, in fact, Representative Carson is just spewing vile vitriol out of his a$$. I guess liberals got so used to spewing this kind of crap against George Bush they assumed they could do it to the Tea Partiers without ever getting called out on it.


    Well, Carson, let me introduce you to Tea Party Member Representative West. You may find him a little less.... pacifist.

  9. #709
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree' Read more: http://www.p

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    Let's delve a little deeper into how you see life in Black America. Share with us exactly why you think blacks in marriages hate each other more than other couples from other races hate each other in their marriages.
    Self evident... theyre no longer together.

    That was retarded.

  10. #710
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree' Read more: http://www.p

    bah.... edit
    Last edited by MKULTRABOY; 09-05-11 at 03:55 AM.

Page 71 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •